Jürgen Klopp: 2017 - 2018

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Hope in your heart, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Wilkored08

Wilkored08 Well-Known Member

2. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Got to laugh at Crooks - he ‘senses’ that he knows why Hughton was unhappy with Klopp. See that’s the problem Garth, you’re completely lacking in sense as is most of what you say!

James H likes this.
  3. Redopium

Redopium Member

Just look at his surname.lol

4. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

As much as Robbie Savage is a knob he did make me giggle winding Crooks up to the point he was about to explode,Crooks is just a grumpy arsey twat.

James H, indianscouser and boston red like this.
  5. boston red

boston red Show me the Mane.

Jurgen Klopp has made 50 changes to a starting 11 so far keeping the team refreshed, Don't think we'll have a crash this January, have lallana to come back in with, Window around the corner and IF we could get any the VVD or Giménez that will put us in great position all to do is hold 4th or move to 3rd above scum who I think will lose next week to Man City have a tendency to get draws Chelsea another rival have dropped only two points from last 21 which was against us last week obviously,
    Jurgen Klopp deserves credit he has flaws yes all managers do.

6. LS12Red

LS12Red Active Member

Garth Crooks....about as relevant as a tank top, polyester flares and platform shoes.

indianscouser likes this.
  7. Mascot88

Mascot88 Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders Admin

Gareth Crooks has had a good week if he hasn't played a defender up front, or put a forward at right back, in his team of the week.

8. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

So Jurgen,there's five English teams in the next round so how do you explain the revival,i could not be less interested to be honest about the other teams.:-)

9. Danny_

Danny_ Well-Known Member

Klopp is a shit average manager who doesn't know what he is doing and will never win us anything. We should get Rafa back or someone else, anyone but this clown!!!!! Liverpool 7 Spartak Moscow 0. Oh wait...er I mean that he should be...er, well, he had a slow start..er. Where is that hole again for me to crawl into until we get another bad result???

10. Noo Noo

Noo Noo Well-Known Member

I think that's Crooks' normal expression.

Scott Jones likes this.
  11. Noo Noo

Anyone actually notice the subtle change in our game play of late?

I suppose the West Ham game was the real step change but the traditional Klopp press is not quite there but the super quick transition and breaking quickly is.

Nice to see, less stressful on the players and it obviously suits us given our recent results

12. Billy Biskix

Billy Biskix TIA Youth Team Valued Member

I think it's been there for longer than that but it's now really coming together. This is an example of JK learning. Cant press like madmen in every game in our league. Too many games, and all of them are reasonably competitive. The counter attack strategy works fine with the pace we now have. Cant remember us breaking so effectively and so quickly for a long time. Sitting deep does bring pressure on us which we cant always cope with. Still work to do there but we are definitely on the right lines and the players we are now bringing in (Keita, VVD maybe) will help.

13. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

Yes, there has definitely been a transition. Not just in attack but also in the manner we defend which is much better now than it was at the start of the season.

14. Noo Noo

Agreed. Perhaps the Spurs game was the realisation that he needed to tweak the system quickly so that the defence wasn't exposed so easily?

Otherwise its pretty impressive to see the manger develop the team like this. He has a core style of play which he clearly willing to change to suit the players and the league.

15. Fester

Klopp never came here claiming that he knew it all or had all the answers.

Look, I’ve been following this great club now for half a century and I know a special thing when I see it. And its happening right now at Anfield. Posters have criticised Klopp because they expect near instant transformation and The Owners have had their share of unfair criticism as well.

Well the very fact that The Owners have no intention of going anywhere any time soon should tell you something. Firstly some credit where its due - they brought Herr Klopp to Anfield. They also built that magnificent new Main Stand. And we finally have a stand named after one of our legends which is long overdue. Now we have visual tributes around the stadium to our 3 greatest managers - Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish.

So why aren’t The Owners going anywhere - because they are trying to build something very special at the club that befits its incredible history. They want to be part of that. We really are very lucky to have them at this club at this time.

And as for Herr Klopp well just use your eyes and your ears. Watch the dismantling of sides with mesmerising attacking football. Listen to how inspirational Klopp is and his impact on the players in their own words. Coutinho wants to leave because he is ambitious, no other reason. He knows how good things are here.

How did you all feel after the Spartak match? Look at the players that Klopp has brought in. Look at the quality on the bench. We’re lightyears ahead of where we were under Rodgers. We’re no longer dependent on one or two players.

We’ll lose again ..... it could happen at any time. Mignolet and Lovren will have more brainfarts ..... Moreno too probably. But they are living on borrowed time. Anyone who seriously thinks that Klopp won’t address and upgrade these weak links needs his or her head read. It’ll happen. We’re getting there ..... building on proper foundations not ones made of sand.

I believe ....... not out of blind loyalty but just by seeing what’s happened since Klopp arrived.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 5:55 PM
    W00die, Werder4life, Iluvatar and 6 others like this.
  16. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Agree with everything you say about Klopp....

Non plussed about the owners...to me they can only do wrong, I can applaud individual acts, but as a whole, they are on a hiding to nothing from me, and I don't care if that doesn't sound 'fair'.....I'm sure John Henry won't lose any sleep over it.

17. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Then we have traded for a guy with all the answers with a guy now that doesn't have the answers.... we let a philosopher go for a football coach then? Bad.... very bad indeed.

redbj likes this.
  18. gobble gobble

gobble gobble Banned Users

How can you say that there is no censoring or lack of debating an opinion when my post was deleted and the reaction of most who read it , was just to lazily cry " WUM ". ?
    I said we won't win anything with Klopp and i stand by that. My reason for saying this was because i don't believe he is ruthless enough in his will to win. The fact that Moreno, Mignolet and Lovren are still first team starters only highlights his flawed indulgence of mediocre players.

He has been far too slow to address the weakness in this team. There is a fragility to this team which he has heavily contributed to with his lack of activity in the transfer market , coupled with poor signings when he has decided to buy players. Mane and Salah aside , all of his others buys have been mediocre and this has been a problem for us for decades, buying inferior players.

Also, not addressing our defensive problems will always be the reason we win nothing. Yeh , we are on a good run now , but the front four will have bad days and when they do , the rest of the team offer nothing. I just hope he does not refrain from adding players in January , misguidedly thinking this team can take us on, they won't because of the complete lack of mental strength running through this team.

Insisting Mignolet is our No 1
    Henderson is our Captain
    He has faith in Moreno and Lovren will prove his and our undoing.

19. Not Worthy

Not Worthy Well-Known Member

I don't know the reason your post was withdrawn, I'm not a mod. My response was based on the tenor of your posts and your seeming belief that your position is unique.

Your belief that we will win nothing with the current manager is fine, however, 2 finals in his first season indicated a good start. That and the general progression towards good football, Champs League and subsequent qualification give cause for optimism. I disagree with your argument re. 'ruthlessness'. I am of the opinion that he's working to a plan, building options with players that can do a job now, some that are coming through and some that are brought in directly. I believe that there's evidence that that is working. You, and others, may not see it that way. Fine.

Your points above with respect to certain players, I concur with; Mignolet, Loveren and Moreno have not been consistently good enough. However, "There is a fragility to this team which he has heavily contributed to with his lack of activity in the transfer market"...I don't understand. I don't think that, with the exception of the sparsely used Karius, any of his buys have heavily contributed to fragility.

Regards Henderson, I cannot see an immediately qualified replacement as captain. (And, I can agree that that can be seen as an argument for squad leadership development.) That said, for too long, like the England national team, we have relied on the exceptional individual. It would be wilful blindness not to appreciate that the Klopp methodology is rooted in the collective.

When Klopp came on board I posted here that it would take 4 windows and 2 years for him to settle on his core and achieve stability before pushing forward. Nothing that has happened thus far has made me radically alter that stance.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM
    boston red, Jase, redbj and 1 other person like this.
  20. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

Your opinion is a bit on the wet and depressing side of things and all based on expecting the worst,cheer up a bit mate as it's not that depressing a situation we're in.:-)

boston red, Werder4life and auzziez like this.
  21. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I think you need to look at it from his perspective. Klopp could have hit the “save” button every time buys a great player. Then reload if he doesn’t. Klopp could also do that when he lost a game, could go back and load the saved game and change formation. Klopp should also use cheat codes provided for him so that he can have unlimited cash to spend. Klopp is the problem, he didn’t know how to be Football Manager.

22. Fester

I really don’t give a stuff about posters who have nothing good to say about the Owners. Its such an irrational and unjustified position to take as to make their opinion null and void.

I have seen huge improvement after a long, long period of stagnation and decline. Houllier and Rafa were left trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Looking back now they were doomed to failure because there was something rotten at the club that emerged even before Dumb and Dumber did their worst.

I’m reasonably content with the way things are going. Some posters just like to point the finger and bellyache. If they’ve got nothing or nobody to criticise they’ll just make it up to feed their negativity and bitterness. Its as hilarious as it is immature as it is pointless.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 7:12 PM
  23. Fester

There is no censorship of debate, discussion or opinion. No doubt there is some sort of regulation of incessantly talking bollox for the sake of it though purely because you’ve got nothing of any value to contribute. That’s probably where you went wrong! :well done:

24. gobble gobble

That's fair enough , if you think he's slowly building and he has a plan , which he obviously has , well you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't see him building because he hasn't addressed his weak foundations ( IMO ) and he is indulging poor players.

25. Not Worthy

Not Worthy Well-Known Member

Do you really think that there is no 'building', no progression, regardless of the players you don't like. Can you not see cause for optimism ?

boston red likes this.
  26. gobble gobble

It's not just about having a wet opinion , it's about seeing this is a house built on sand . Since Jurgen has been here we've always had a decent run for a spell of the season but are not capable of sustaining it because ( IMO ) there is nothing behind the front four , and when they have a lean spell or injuries the utter mediocrity of our midfield and defence are laid bare.

27. gobble gobble

So you have no counter point you have to offer other than , if i don't agree i just say you're talking bollocks and it doesn't matter anyway? Please tell me you're not the brains of this oufit .

28. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

Did i say wet,sorry i meant drenched.:-)

gobble gobble likes this.
  29. auzziez

auzziez I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them

You speak about the front four. Do you think the front four were same in terms of personnel and quality before and after Klopp?

30. gobble gobble

No, i see a top heavy unbalanced approach. We are so fragile it is silly. The Sevilla game highlighted what teams know about us. Unless we buy at least 2 CBs and GK in January , we will simply fall away again (IMO )