Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Klopp did something that is unquestionably against the rules and will be punished for it. And rightly so. I wouldnt be surprised to see a one game touchline ban, and don't think that would be harsh.
He didn't get a ban. And it would have been unquestionably harsh, and unreasonable. He was fined. In the ridiculous world we inhabit a passionate man celebrating a victorious goal with a quick thinking goalkeeper is fined?? Because he went onto the pitch?
Football is becoming soulless and sterilised by faceless dispassionate rule makers.
Yellow cards for taking off a shirt? Big discussions on TV about hand shakes before a game?
It's going to be the Stepford Wives, watching clones play and gentle hand claps from the dystopian crowd.
I despair.
And your comments didn't help, saying the man who can make us dream deserved punishment?

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
He didn't get a ban. And it would have been unquestionably harsh, and unreasonable. He was fined. In the ridiculous world we inhabit a passionate man celebrating a victorious goal with a quick thinking goalkeeper is fined?? Because he went onto the pitch?
Football is becoming soulless and sterilised by faceless dispassionate rule makers.
Yellow cards for taking off a shirt? Big discussions on TV about hand shakes before a game?
It's going to be the Stepford Wives, watching clones play and gentle hand claps from the dystopian crowd.
I despair.
And your comments didn't help, saying the man who can make us dream deserved punishment?
Klopp knew the rules, he broke them, so if he gets hit with a suitable punishment he can have no complaints and neither can any of us, it's immature to think otherwise.

That's absolutely not the same as criticising Klopp for doing so. I loved it, it was absolutely brilliant and I'm glad he did it. The fine will be more than worth it.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Klopp knew the rules, he broke them, so if he gets hit with a suitable punishment he can have no complaints and neither can any of us, it's immature to think otherwise.

That's absolutely not the same as criticising Klopp for doing so. I loved it, it was absolutely brilliant and I'm glad he did it. The fine will be more than worth it.
The rules.
The same rules that allowed Mourinho taunt Liverpool supporters after Gerrards slip?
The rules are overbearing nonsense in this instance, breaking those rules exposes the sheer stupidity of trying to keep passionate people quiet.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
The rules.
The same rules that allowed Mourinho taunt Liverpool supporters after Gerrards slip?
The rules are overbearing nonsense in this instance, breaking those rules exposes the sheer stupidity of trying to keep passionate people quiet.
They're not really though, are they? Only the players and the ref should be on the pitch.

If anything the fact it was against the rules makes it even more satisfying.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
Asked about the punishment Klopp said"Nothing to say about it actually,it happened,no problem with that,it's a fine, i pay it and we carry on that's all"
If you put it into context of his salary its like an hours work.. I'd happily pay that rate to celebrate with Alisson after skanking the bitters at home.. Although I think Maria will be there first..

jabu

TIA New Signing
Never in my life thought i would be grateful for tim sherwood common sense, but here it is "Until you've stood in that technical area, you can't understand the emotion of winning a game and what it means to everyone. It's so much more than when you are a player as you're taking the heat and taking it on for the full football club. It's massive. When people criticise Jurgen Klopp who have never stood in the technical area, I find it difficult."-tim sherwood.
Jus some of the good stuff he said. Hope mills and savage saw this, those fuckers.

Limiescouse

Well, damn. How long until I'm allowed out of the place you put me in?

How helpful do you think it is to expect the rules, which in this case are both very clear and spectacularly obviously violated, to not be expected to be applied to us?

As Illok said, dont confuse an acceptance of the righteousness of the punishment to be the same as joining in with the condemnation of his actions.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
The reality of it is that if the shoe were on the other foot and Mourinho or Hodgson did that after a 96th minute winner, we’d be calling for sanctions. Klopp broke the rules, got the expected slap on the wrist, and we move on.

What does cheese me off about it is managers like Guardiola (against Southampton last season) and Mourinho (pick your instance) doing it and nobody saying boo.

And of course the justice warriors like Danny Mills and every Everton fan demanding his coaching license be revoked, a billion pound fine imposed, and a twenty year sentence in Broadmoor handed down.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
The reality of it is that if the shoe were on the other foot and Mourinho or Hodgson did that after a 96th minute winner, we’d be calling for sanctions. Klopp broke the rules, got the expected slap on the wrist, and we move on.

What does cheese me off about it is managers like Guardiola (against Southampton last season) and Mourinho (pick your instance) doing it and nobody saying boo.

And of course the justice warriors like Danny Mills and every Everton fan demanding his coaching license be revoked, a billion pound fine imposed, and a twenty year sentence in Broadmoor handed down.
To be honest I wouldn't look for sanctions because I expect football to have emotion. Just from a different time I suppose.

Limiescouse

To be fair, I dont think that comment really reflects their history. Mourinho is routinely criticised for being a massive prick and behaving appallingly, and Pep has had at least one touchline ban for his behavior.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Would we have preferred Tony Pulis or Sam Allerdyce instead then? No thank you!
He will pay his dues.I wouldn't want our rebel manager any other way, power to people, viva Che Klopp.
Honestly, I was surprised that it did not happen sooner. I mean, how long has he been here now? And this is his first warning in England? Good time for it anyway :J

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
It's not even a case of this being better than the recent past. It is a case that even when you have a dam good side eventually you lose a game. During our supposed peak we got knocked out of the European cup in the first round two years in a row. We got knocked out by relative minnows from Georgia, Bulgaria and Poland. And this was during an era when we were breaking domestic records and among the period in which we were establishing our European greatness.

The people who just come on here on say "eventually we are going to lose unless we start playing better" will feel they have been shown they are right. However, what they are doing is no different than taking a pack of cards, turning over the top one and predicting it is the ace of spades. They have no real insight into what the top actually is, but if you do it enough times eventually you are going to pull the card you're looking for. These are the people who would have been calling for Paisley's head in the early 80s because we were only winning the league and were not able to properly compete in Europe. Yet, without realizing it, they are then holding the current team and manager to standard that their supposed standard bearer did not even live up to.
Hall of Fame post. Context is everything

Dutch

Honestly, I was surprised that it did not happen sooner. I mean, how long has he been here now? And this is his first warning in England? Good time for it anyway :J
Exactly. Klopp did not just put one foot on the pitch he runs half the field. We all know it is not allowed, he got a fine and that's it. Love our manager.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
"They have kept 11 clean sheets in the last 17 league games and conceded one goal in each of the other six."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/328404-stats-burnley-liverpool

Just wow. To think we are breaking club records at lfc which has such a rich history, in a period with such a shockingly strong list of teams in the league.

Fucking well done to Klopp and the players. We are proud of you!

8k fine for running on the pitch to celebrate a late winner against Everton!

HA!

I'd pay double that to see him doing the same thing against man utd in a couple of weeks! ;-)
If he runs into the centre circle and pulls it out then starts doing the helicopter, then I would contemplate paying that amount lol

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
8k fine for running on the pitch to celebrate a late winner against Everton!

HA!

I'd pay double that to see him doing the same thing against man utd in a couple of weeks! ;-)
Shall we set up a just giving page that funds Jürgens fines for running onto the pitch celebrating!

The entertainment value that man adds is unbelievable!

Can't blame it and totally understand it, suppose I have managed, my local amatuer 5ths team mind. Mills was a knob, it was naughty, that's about as extreme as it got.