Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Incognito

The Normal One
I find it so funny that there are so many rival fans who think every damn manager is better because they have won something, but Klopp just gives hugs and claps and hence no one questions him. Is it that difficult to for them to understand and see, that what he's building here is really really special or they are just jealous? I mean they'll drool on the prospect if he becomes available to manage their side tomorrow in my opinion. Also will these stats would by any way mean any Liverpool supporter would want him out? Insane.

Also, now watching Fabinho getting regular in the side and what he brings to the table, doubting Klopp seemed so stupid. There were talks that Fab might want out lol Social media and press media are beyond fckd up these days. Klopp knows everything he is doing. Whether it's waiting for signing a player, not considering and signing one that seemed obvious, wanting a player out, giving time for players to settle in, rotation, game sense, substitutions, tactics - he's in the right direction in every sense. And long may it continue. He's so mature to understand where he'll need to adjust his own beliefs for the larger goods.

All he needs is time and our support, the platform is surely set. We may not win anything this or maybe even next season, but we'll be very well set up for years of prolonged success thereafter. The soul of the club is back. We are very very lucky to have him.

Danke Jurgen!!

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I had some doubts when Buvac left, primarily from the words of Klopp himself.. When describing the three of himself, Peter and Buvac as the Brain, the Eye and the Front man. I wondered would it be the same without a trusted friend and core component of the holy trinity of coaching set up.

Even early season when we stuttered a little and looked like we had regressed from last season. I thought we could be seeing the effects of losing Buvac.

Last night was a final quashing such of doubt, we went under the cosh for about 10 minutes when Wolves switched play, isolated our fullbacks and started to create chances (we also didn’t help with some sloppy play). Whatever Klopp or Pep or Peter said at half time, whatever small tweak they made and communicated basically took what was turning into a bit of a nervous game into one where we went into complete control and dominated from 46minutes onwards.

I’m sure there are pleanty of reason for the slow start, the integration of players, injuries, lack of fitness from the World Cup, a period of periodisation etc.

Personally I think Buvac leaving had an effect, but I think now Klopp is working fully in harmony with the new coaching set up so the effect is gone. He even said himself Peter and Pep were pushing him to get Shaqiri on v’s Utd for 10minutes before he finally relented. They could see the space inbetween midfield and attack which he would thrive, they saw he’d have pleanty of shooting chances from well within his range.. Klopp joked afterwards he should have listened sooner.

We really do seem to be clicking into juggernaut gears, with more to come. The nerves come now from the crowd and not the team, even if we make a mistake it is gone and moved on. We look like a team truely turning into a great one.

Doubts will all creep in, we’ve had 10-15 years of them for fucks sake, so a year won’t history break just yet.. But by god we should trust this man and thank every day he is our manager.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
No more superlatives to describe this fella, dictionary ran out of words for this fella and what he has done for us. Whenever you have someone that could make you not having to drink to watch us play, and you still want to watch us play, you know you have something special. This has been a sober season with full of excitement.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I had some doubts when Buvac left, primarily from the words of Klopp himself.. When describing the three of himself, Peter and Buvac as the Brain, the Eye and the Front man. I wondered would it be the same without a trusted friend and core component of the holy trinity of coaching set up.

Even early season when we stuttered a little and looked like we had regressed from last season. I thought we could be seeing the effects of losing Buvac.

Last night was a final quashing such of doubt, we went under the cosh for about 10 minutes when Wolves switched play, isolated our fullbacks and started to create chances (we also didn’t help with some sloppy play). Whatever Klopp or Pep or Peter said at half time, whatever small tweak they made and communicated basically took what was turning into a bit of a nervous game into one where we went into complete control and dominated from 46minutes onwards.

I’m sure there are pleanty of reason for the slow start, the integration of players, injuries, lack of fitness from the World Cup, a period of periodisation etc.

Personally I think Buvac leaving had an effect, but I think now Klopp is working fully in harmony with the new coaching set up so the effect is gone. He even said himself Peter and Pep were pushing him to get Shaqiri on v’s Utd for 10minutes before he finally relented. They could see the space inbetween midfield and attack which he would thrive, they saw he’d have pleanty of shooting chances from well within his range.. Klopp joked afterwards he should have listened sooner.

We really do seem to be clicking into juggernaut gears, with more to come. The nerves come now from the crowd and not the team, even if we make a mistake it is gone and moved on. We look like a team truely turning into a great one.

Doubts will all creep in, we’ve had 10-15 years of them for fucks sake, so a year won’t history break just yet.. But by god we should trust this man and thank every day he is our manager.
Yeah last night I was quite nervous after the last 20 in the first half, yet the second half we didn’t look like conceding bar that fuck up at the end, even then the game was beyond doubt.

cynicaloldgit

Total Member
I can just imagine that photo....

Klopp with his arm rounder Messi, with his usual big wide smile,

and Messi holding tight onto Klopp,
with his arms round Klopps waist,
his head buried into Klopps chest,
and a huge beaming smile, like a school boy meeting his hero!
While Ronaldo cries in the corner, gutted at not being the centre of attention.

Alright Now

Yeah last night I was quite nervous after the last 20 in the first half, yet the second half we didn’t look like conceding bar that fuck up at the end, even then the game was beyond doubt.
During his post match interview with Kelly and Carra, Jurgen mentioned the adjustments they made. He was speaking at an astonishing pace though and I couldn’t keep up. Will have to listen again.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
fully in harmony with the new coaching set up so the effect is gone. He even said himself Peter and Pep were pushing him to get Shaqiri on v’s Utd for 10minutes before he finally relented. They could see the space inbetween midfield and attack which he would thrive, they saw he’d have pleanty of shooting chances from well within his range.. Klopp joked afterwards he should have listened sooner.
That’s what makes him a top manager. the Very best managers lean heavily on a team. It’s atypical for a manager to say others know better than him.

Frequently managers need to be a sole figure or use there backroom staff for day to day donkey work and are more expendable yes men (think Mourinho or Rodgers). If you don’t have the best or use your support you wane. Wenger for example was never the same without Pat Rice.

The best ones know that they can’t be the best at everything and need support. We have a long history at our club, but even the likes of Alex Ferguson knew it (that’s how he managed to adapt his football) and Clough with Peter Taylor (learnt hard way)

It’s takes a humility and self confidence . But it’s common sense you want people who are good, offer their views and challenge you.

Claymenza

That’s what makes him a top manager. the Very best managers lean heavily on a team. It’s atypical for a manager to say others know better than him.

Frequently managers need to be a sole figure or use there backroom staff for day to day donkey work and are more expendable yes men (think Mourinho or Rodgers). If you don’t have the best or use your support you wane. Wenger for example was never the same without Pat Rice.

The best ones know that they can’t be the best at everything and need support. We have a long history at our club, but even the likes of Alex Ferguson knew it (that’s how he managed to adapt his football) and Clough with Peter Taylor (learnt hard way)

It’s takes a humility and self confidence . But it’s common sense you want people who are good, offer their views and challenge you.
Great on him and also his assistants for using their voice! Klopp was always humble even with Buvac who was the brains. I think things changed because 1- He was no longer being as outspoken as he used to, and 2- he didn't seem to fit in with the players as much.

"It does not make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do.
You hire smart people and they tell you what to do."

- Steve Jobs, Visionary of Apple

I think it's brilliant that FSG saw that Pep has the smarts too and brought him back. He is highly rated by the players too which is crucial

C

Caradoc

I would just like to thank Jürgen for everything he has done this year and for restoring Liverpool to the club that it really is. If any Liverpool manager has reminded me of Shankly in his values and approach it is this man and its very reassuring. Thank-you Jürgen! :-)

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Would like to wish our boss a merry Christmas.
He has sucked all the negativity out of this club and made it the way it was supposed to be.
Many of you here have been blessed to witness the great Paisley and Shankly, i am sure, in the next few decades, i would be telling stories to my grand kids about how great Klopp was!
He is our santa. He has made us happy. Long may it continue.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Humble pie eating time.
I have been critical of Klopp since the season started. I did not, and still don't understand why he moved Firmino back. We do not press as we used to, I am still under the impression that after 19 rounds we are not yet firing on all cylinders.
But you can't argue with results. We are top of the table, conceded only 7 goals ( of which 3 were dumb giveaways ), undefeated, and with a ridiculous amiunt of points gained.
I was wrong, Klopp is right, long may this continue. YNWA

Limiescouse

Humble pie eating time.
I have been critical of Klopp since the season started. I did not, and still don't understand why he moved Firmino back. We do not press as we used to, I am still under the impression that after 19 rounds we are not yet firing on all cylinders.
But you can't argue with results. We are top of the table, conceded only 7 goals ( of which 3 were dumb giveaways ), undefeated, and with a ridiculous amiunt of points gained.
Back in the darkest days of the Rodgers era, at the point we all just assumed it was a case of when rather if, there were lots of conversations about who should be the next guy in charge. I really wanted to throw my weight behind Klopp because of the type of person he is and the things he stands for, but I could not. I did not want Liverpool being manager by a "system" coaches/managers, as I think that doesnt work at a club the size of ours, and especially not a system that I felt had already started to wane in this cycle of tactical evolution given that even sides likes Barca had started valuing possession less. I was concerned he wouldnt have the tools or the vision to refine that approach or to come up with a new one.

Talk about looking like a tit..

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Humble pie eating time.
We are certainly playing a different type of football to last season, but as Klopp has said - it’s part of the evolvement!

I know that you think we can improve (which I agree with) but at the same time, bring more measured and robust is what the team needed - which is what I’ve seen and comes at the expense of pure swashbuckling football.

We just need to make sure we can navigate the next blip and recover from it quickly - winning/losing have fine margins - but let’s enjoy this. Stay behind the team and manager, and let’s get over the line!

Incognito

The Normal One
Was just recollecting Jurgen's first interview and remembered how he had mentioned the below line -

The first thing, always, maybe in life, you need to have a stable defence. That's the first thing, always. Because you can only stay confident in a game when you know not each offensive move of the other team is a goal.

Three years later, and I guess I know what he meant by that. :-)

Another interesting bit-

Do you think you'll need to adapt to English football? How do you think you will adapt?

Of course I will adapt, maybe I have to, I don't know! But in this moment I don't think about this because it's football and I know English football, I watched so many games and we played against English teams. Some things are different but that's not too important in this moment because it's only football. Don't forget, it's a game and we all have the same rules, the pitches are similar in size, so it's not so difficult. My experience is: listen, see, feel - and then think about what you change. Now I have to do these three things and then think about what I have to change or I have to adapt or whatever. I've [been in] football for a long time, I was a player, now I'm a manager, I don't want to make it too complicated. It's very important that the player can understand easily what you want because it's a game and you have to play from here [points at heart], not play from here [points at head]. That's the cool thing, that's the reason why I could play too!

Full interview here in case anyone wants to have a look at it again, joy to read! -> Link