Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Sussex Red

I watched Saturday’s match from the Amex main stand.

Klopp got this spot on, his starting 11 comprising our in form midfielders, needed as Brighton are much improved especially at home. There are no easy away games in the PL.

Shaqiri had a quiet match, Mane the star of the first half against fired up hosts, but a commanding second half. VVD, Fabinho and Robertson shone, Henderson played very well after some early mistakes, Salah class.

Good work by Klopp.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
We've only faced 57 shots on target after 22 matches played. That's 2.59 shots Alisson faced per game average and Alisson has an 84% save ratio. No wonder we are difficult to play against. Not only do they need to break the defence down, the opposing team also have to think of how to break through Alisson's goal. Superb. Our defensive game improved so much, I still can't believe it.

This should please @RedForever2014, it actually goes to show money makes the world go round and the stark difference between now and last season is the additional £53m spent on the keeper. In total we've improved our defence with £120m purchase of 2 players and I guess quality comes with a price!

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about

Klopp got this spot on, his starting 11 comprising our in form midfielders, needed as Brighton are much improved especially at home. There are no easy away games in the PL.

Shaqiri had a quiet match, Mane the star of the first half against fired up hosts, but a commanding second half. VVD, Fabinho and Robertson shone, Henderson played very well after some early mistakes, Salah class.

Good work by Klopp.
Must have been very interesting to watch that live. A few of my friends were in the away end - but I never get any details from them, just loads of singing!

Brighton have actually become a formidable force at home, and the fact we didn’t let them have a clear shot on target says a lot. We created the better chances and deserved our win.

January and feb games look nicely spread out - enough recovery time, tactical analysis and preparation.... it’s looking very good!

SBYM

I'm just living the dream

Good work by Klopp.
Ken hell mate...you and your compliments won't last long around here...

:well done:

Incognito

The Normal One
Excellent read. Also shows how flexible, pragmatic and ready to adapt Klopp is. He's got the tactical nous and understands this club like Rafa, but is an excellent man manager and empathizes with the players which at times Rafa lacked along with somewhat stubborn approaches. He only needs to deliver a few trophies as a tangible outcome to the otherwise tons of intangible reforms which is so evident to us!

LFCFFC

I really want the Liverpool media team to jump on this and get him to try and decipher Scottish tweets lol

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
If I’m being fair I think Klopps biggest weakness is his loyalty, Lallana, Sturridge, Matip, Lovren etc. I think a less engaged or less personal manager has binned them off awhile ago. Klopp to a fault which I’m sure works just as much as a positive in the fact players want to play under him for the very same trait sticks with players and wants to guide them through bad patches or injuries etc.

Lallana looks a player shot, he doesn’t offer anything off the bench he appears to be a player 2 years too late to a party in full swing, trying to change the iPad from symphonies of Beethoven to a funky jazz eclectic mix.. Sturridge is similar, fantastic player destroyed by injuries still capable of scoring goals but not consistently enough.. The problem is he doesn’t suit our football at all, you put him on the pitch it is like playing with 10 men until he gets the ball to feet in the box. The drop from Firmino to him is staggering.

This isnt meant as a slander on Klopp as I know its a trait you either accept or you just don’t love the man he is. Just slightly frustrating that my own impatience means waiting longer for the squad to be complete, and my deep fear is it costs us the title. As I say on the flip side it’s probably how we got Van Dijk, so its not all a bad picture, just when you see injuries to our backline and my persona opinion is, we should have more reliable players than Matip and Lovren etc.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Κlopp must be cursing his luck again. Gomez may require surgery, which could prove season ending and Lovren suffered another setback. That basically leaves Matip as Van Dijk's partner for the foreseeable future and he isn't what one would call dependable either. It's the stuff of nightmares and somehow he has to figure something out to keep us afloat defensively.

Fucking injuries cost us dearly at the final last year and they might cost us even more this time around.

sms1986

Κlopp must be cursing his luck again. Gomez may require surgery, which could prove season ending and Lovren suffered another setback. That basically leaves Matip as Van Dijk's partner for the foreseeable future and he isn't what one would call dependable either. It's the stuff of nightmares and somehow he has to figure something out to keep us afloat defensively.

Fucking injuries cost us dearly at the final last year and they might cost us even more this time around.
It seems to be that Lovren's injury isn't as bad as last time.

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I’ve read reports that he’s had a setback.
It's his hamstring, he's not trained all week. I read somewhere that Lovren hasn't started more than 7 consecutive games for us since he signed. Now I don't know the validity of that but it does feel like everytime he starts to put a run of decent games together he gets injured.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team

The cynic in me makes me wonder whether the timing of these depressing announcements about Lovren and Gomez, one day after the transfer window has shut, isn't entirely coincidental. We must surely have known about Gomez for some time now. I am just hoping we've not also been given the 'sunnyside up' version of events with TAA's injury too. The stuff of nightmares, indeed.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
The cynic in me makes me wonder whether the timing of these depressing announcements about Lovren and Gomez, one day after the transfer window has shut, isn't entirely coincidental. We must surely have known about Gomez for some time now. I am just hoping we've not also been given the 'sunnyside up' version of events with TAA's injury too. The stuff of nightmares, indeed.
Cue @RedForever2014

On a serious note, if this was known for a while and nothing was done, then that's downright negligent. But that seems far-fetched and inconsistent with how the club has been operating these days. When it comes to Gomez in particular they must have believed that he would respond to conventional treatment. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to wait for so long and for the club not to do anything during the window.

Either way, we're in trouble.

RedForever2014

It's not about short term issues, it's that we knew from all the historical evidence and statistics one needs that Matip, Lovren and Gomez were injury prone.

Matip out midwinter last season and from March to the end of the season.

Gomez out for more than a year, then injured landing from jumping (no one near him) for England in March and not right again that season.

Lovren in and out every half dozen games for four years.

You'd think a club with such a statistical genius as Michael Edwards running the show would have calculated the odds of injuries to those players occurring concurrently.

If the other side of the debate is going to be facetious, hey let's all join the party.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
It's not about short term issues, it's that we knew from all the historical evidence and statistics one needs that Matip, Lovren and Gomez were injury prone.

Matip out midwinter last season and from March to the end of the season.

Gomez out for more than a year, then injured landing from jumping (no one near him) for England in March and not right again that season.

Lovren in and out every half dozen games for four years.

You'd think a club with such a statistical genius as Michael Edwards running the show would have calculated the odds of injuries to those players occurring concurrently.

If the other side of the debate is going to be facetious, hey let's all join the party.
You're right about that. No one should have been taken by suprise by these injuries and frankly it feels like something should have been done about it by now. Finding a fit solid CB will probably be a priority for the summer.

Hopefully it won't be too late.