• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

ptt

2020, head of the table.
When Klopp first started at the club he identified the negativity in the fan base as a major problem and asked us to become believers, rather than doubters. What happened?

This is a title run in. This is what it looks like. It was never going to be easy. It’s apparently what we wanted, so why don’t we enjoy it - all of it, the ups and the downs - instead of pissing our knickers?
Most of us do believe (and are loving it) but the crowd at Anfield will be a reflexion of this forum. There will always be some miserable bastards who whinge and moan about anything. There are some here who’d call out the owners of a lapdancing club whilst having a beer in their hand and a stocking clad lady in their lap with glorious breasts in their face. “But it should be cheaper with more investment in shinier poles and decoration” etc etc......

rupzzz

TIA Regular
As expected. Can't get away with saying something like that and no expect the FA to come weighing in with their fines.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
So can't accuse someone of being bias anymore? The referee can only be charged for not flagging us offside these days?

In other news.... you fellas can go get that box of tissue and bust out that lotion... Don't let the headline fools you.
Bundesliga expert in big claim over Klopp contract and Bayern Munich
“Klopp is very happy with Liverpool, and the club is very happy with him,” he explained.

“I rather think that he will renew his contract beyond 2022.

“If he is to become champion or Champions League winner, he will 99.9% stay longer.
Now if you fellas who stay in the city and go to games, want to prolong this hard-on of yours for more years to come.... go all out and help the team to achieve the long awaited trophy! Come on....

Last edited:

sms1986

So can't accuse someone of being bias anymore? The referee can only be charged for not flagging us offside these days?
Have there been people making such accusations without being charged before?

It's not going to stop Klopp from voicing his opinion anyway.

sms1986

In other news.... you fellas can go get that box of tissue and bust out that lotion... Don't let the headline fools you.
Bundesliga expert in big claim over Klopp contract and Bayern Munich

Now if you fellas who stay in the city and go to games, want to prolong this hard-on of yours for more years to come.... go all out and help the team to achieve the long awaited trophy! Come on....
We will win at least one Premier League title with Klopp, I'm sure of it. As for him staying beyond his current contract, that would be awesome!

Limiescouse

A lot of manager insinuated it.....
Manuel Pellegrini says Jurgen Klopp is used to winning games with offside goals after 1-1 draw

Don't see that Chilean gets charged....
He did not mention the ref.

The rule is pretty straight forward. Klopp has not been charged for what he said he about the ref. He has been charged for speaking about the ref in any form. The rule was written this way so that the line was clear and people cannot piss and moan if they step over it and get punished.

sms1986

He did not mention the ref.

The rule is pretty straight forward. Klopp has not been charged for what he said he about the ref. He has been charged for speaking about the ref in any form. The rule was written this way so that the line was clear and people cannot piss and moan if they step over it and get punished.
Klopp won't be put off by a fine anyway, he'll just pay it and move on.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
So how could Pellegrini be charged with anything then?
Insinuating that Klopp getting away with referee's incompetence in calling for offsides? It is quite obvious that Klopp will be bias towards us, no? But what he bitch isn't about Klopp alone, but him getting away with offsides not called....

sms1986

Insinuating that Klopp getting away with referee's incompetence in calling for offsides? It is quite obvious that Klopp will be bias towards us, no? But what he bitch isn't about Klopp alone, but him getting away with offsides not called....
Pellegrini was talking about Klopp specifically, though, so the rule probably doesn't cover that.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Pellegrini was talking about Klopp specifically, though, so the rule probably doesn't cover that.
Specifically about Klopp's winning through goals that are offside.... only a referee and his assistant could call for offsides no? And the idea of being bias has to be favouring a specific person or group, yes? So isn't that insinuating Klopp getting favourable call from the officials? Take awhile, absorb and think about it.....

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
So if you don't ignore that the officials are shite then you get fined,they must've been pissing their pants when they wrote that rule up.

sms1986

Specifically about Klopp's winning through goals that are offside.... only a referee and his assistant could call for offsides no? And the idea of being bias has to be favouring a specific person or group, yes? So isn't that insinuating Klopp getting favourable call from the officials? Take awhile, absorb and think about it.....
Here's what Pelligrini said -

"“Klopp is used to winning with offside goals. He beat me against Malaga with Borussia Dortmund with a goal seven metres offside, so he cannot complain about anything.”

It's a dig at Klopp specifically, not the referee in either the West Ham game or the Dortmund one. If Pellegrini had mentioned the referee, then maybe he could have been charged, but his comment was obviously directed at Klopp and solely meant for him.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Here's what Pelligrini said -

"“Klopp is used to winning with offside goals. He beat me against Malaga with Borussia Dortmund with a goal seven metres offside, so he cannot complain about anything.”

It's a dig at Klopp specifically, not the referee in either the West Ham game or the Dortmund one. If Pellegrini had mentioned the referee, then maybe he could have been charged, but his comment was obviously directed at Klopp and solely meant for him.
Again, Klopp can't call offside, can he? Having a go at Klopp while indirectly saying the referee is blind? Or did the rule say, you have to be blunt and direct to break it?

sms1986

Again, Klopp can't call offside, can he? Having a go at Klopp while indirectly saying the referee is blind? Or did the rule say, you have to be blunt and direct to break it?
Of course he can't, but as Pellegrini hasn't mentioned the referee specifically then the rule most likely doesn't apply.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Of course he can't, but as Pellegrini hasn't mentioned the referee specifically then the rule most likely doesn't apply.
So to break the rule, you have to be direct and blunt.... yes? Insinuate don't count, correct?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
Difference is that Klopp suggested that the referee was biased against the team - it's an attack on the referee's integrity/ability to referee a game fairly.

Pellegrini made no such insinuation.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Klopp on Eriksen: 'surely one of the best three midfielders in the league'
I knew that he was always a big fan of him but I didn’t knew that he rates him that high.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I knew that he was always a big fan of him but I didn’t knew that he rates him that high.
Klopp has never rated anyone low in public, unless you play real dirty, a menace who is looking to just hurt others physically.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
One of my favorite players myself but I'm not sure where he will fit in to be honest. a role like Coutinho had perhaps but the team is more balanced now than with phil so....

sms1986

What exactly did he say? can't remember
"I heard our goal was offside, I'm pretty sure the ref knew that," Klopp told BBC Sport.

"In 50-50 situations it was always a free-kick for the other team, which was hard and did not make life easy."

Speaking to Sky Sports, the German added: "As a human being, if I know I have made a big mistake in the first half, I don't want to open the gap any more.

"Referees are obviously human beings, and I understand that, but I didn't during the game because I had no clue that our goal was offside."

Red Eyes

Arsene Wenger got a 3 match touchline ban and fine for questioning the integrity of the referee last year.......however he also abused the referee (which Klopp didn’t do), and that contributed to some of the punishment.

So hopefully just a fine and/or warning.

Jan 2018 Guardian:

Arsène Wenger has been handed a three-match touchline ban and a £40,000 fine after the Arsenal manager admitted he verbally abused Mike Dean and questioned the referee’s integrity following the draw at West Bromwich Albion......