Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Commando

It’s all just shit “paper talk”. Throwing Jurgen’s name in there is going to sell a few more copies or get more clicks.
I’d paint myself blue and buy a Neverwon season ticket should Jurgen go there.
I suppose stuff like this will keep the fans of our rivals happy though. They’ll be praying that it’s true and that we’ll lose him.

Dream on you feckers.

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
It's fair to ask questions of Klopp. Too often he seems to not have a plan B when we're struggling to forge clear openings, or when the front three are not firing.

That said, we're on course for our best PL campaign ever, so we can't be too mad. Keita is taking more time to bed in than we'd hoped, and Shaq seems to have fallen out of favor, but that aside, Klopp's signings have been unbelievably good, and what he's done this year in terms of tactical shift to make us an incredible defensive unit shouldn't be minimized.

I just feel that there's a missing ingredient in there somewhere, that Coutinho type who can unlock a defense for us, or blast a screamer in from distance when the chips are down. Ox could be that player, and maybe we can look forward to a title-winning campaign next season, but I'm not writing off this season yet, not even close. We're a point behind with 27 left to play for, City have been hit by a slew of key injuries, and have a ridiculous fixture list starting right after the international break. Expect them to drop more points.

Klopp just needs to stay calm and stay the course, keep the boys grounded and focused, and stop making silly excuses for neutral performances.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
Zero chance Klopp is going to want to deal with Perez and his ego. That's a job with a ton of pressure with little relief even if you win trophies.

If he did leave, though, who would be your #1 target to replace him?

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Think we should all take a little time to consider how absolutely insanely far how we've progressed since he's come in.

We went from floundering in mid table essentially, to going to two cup finals in that season.

Then after his first full summer we went to achieving what we'd only done in one of the previous 6 seasons, getting back into the CL.

Then we took that achievement and were 90 mins away from landing the bloody Big Ears a sixth time in our cabinet.

We didn't let that keep us down, or get complacent. Instead the next season we amassed what is probably going to be our biggest points tally in the PL era.

What a man, what a manager. When he's gone we'll realise for all the praise he's being given currently was definitely still lacking.

RedForever2014

It was fantastic to see the maturity of the performance last night. The way the players knew when to play, when to take their time and eat up some minutes, when to commit a foul and when to take a foul. That's experience of a given scenario for you, together with having many players 26+.

I was pleased to see TAA given a good test by one of Europe's finest wingers of the past decade and stand his ground. Robertson was actually the weakest of the defenders last night. I actually think Robertson's odd lapse this season is due to having no rest. Last season he played half a season and was 100% fit and focussed from December to May.

Matip's unavoidable own goal aside, he did quite well, he's just not always convincing, though in some ways more steady than Lovren. Both Matip and Lovren have something, it's just that both are missing something.

The front three delivered when it mattered. The beauty of that trio is that when one doesn't score the other does. Origi offers more as a substitute than any of the other backup forwards, certainly physically.

The midfield of Fabinho, Gini and Milner is for me the best we've got just now. Fab gets all over the pitch, Gini is a Rolls Royce and Milner's experience and dead ball plays are useful to have in there. I don't think we're the same with the Hendo, Gini, Milner midfield and I really hope Klopp realises this sooner rather than later.

For me the 11 after the Fab/Hendo switch and before the late changes is our best 11 and most appropriate for matches against the best sides.

In the summer we still need to consider the centre back situation, cover for the full backs (who need rotation), creativity in midfield and a 4th quality forward.

But for now let's hope we win at Fulham, have an issue free international break, with fringe players like Shaqiri getting some minutes, and come back all guns blazing against Spurs.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
It was fantastic to see the maturity of the performance last night. The way the players knew when to play, when to take their time and eat up some minutes, when to commit a foul and when to take a foul. That's experience of a given scenario for you, together with having many players 26+.
I thought this was the most notable aspect of last night's performance. It was very mature and we were quite cute at times in the way we wasted time, for example TAA messing around with corners and throw ins. I know JK hates all the play acting and cynicism in football and he doesn't want us to be like that. I absolutely applaud that outlook but there have been times in the recent past when we've been exposed as a bit naive when playing at this level against teams who are well versed in the darker arts. It was good to see us completely frustrate a top European team to the point where they just gave up.

RedForever2014

I thought this was the most notable aspect of last night's performance. It was very mature and we were quite cute at times in the way we wasted time, for example TAA messing around with corners and throw ins. I know JK hates all the play acting and cynicism in football and he doesn't want us to be like that. I absolutely applaud that outlook but there have been times in the recent past when we've been exposed as a bit naive when playing at this level against teams who are well versed in the darker arts. It was good to see us completely frustrate a top European team to the point where they just gave up.
Indeed. I too applaud Klopp's morals and ethics, but given that some form of gamesmanship is necessary in order to succeed, he does need to accept it. If you're in a winning position, why carry on hell for leather and use energy that you can save for later in the match, or indeed the next match.

Thankfully our type of gamesmanship doesn't extend to the maiming of players a la Ramos, or over the top tackles a la Billy Bremner. So I am sure it's compatible with Klopp's outlook.

During our most successful period we were very skilled in 'gamesmanship', and whilst we had one two who took it a bit far, mostly that was retaliatory, and generally mostly benign.

Maria

Not only Franz Beckenbauer, to make matters worse for Niko Kovac, Executive Chairman of Bayern Karl-Heinz Rummenigge also said he would love to have Jürgen at Bayern.

Sorry, you guys are not having your grubby mitts on our Jürgen any time soon.:unhappy:

Livvy

Alles wird gut

Not only Franz Beckenbauer, to make matters worse for Niko Kovac, Executive Chairman of Bayern Karl-Heinz Rummenigge also said he would love to have Jürgen at Bayern.

Sorry, you guys are not having your grubby mitts on our Jürgen any time soon.:unhappy:
Klopp has been asked by the German media about Beckenbauers comments ( that it would be a highlight to have Klopp as Bayern's Manager) and Klopp's answer was "If my mother has heard that, she will be very proud of it" lol

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
How did we get Porto ?
Is the guy in charge of fixing the draws at EUFA sick ?

Here is the dream, after Porto we face Utd, kick their arses, face City in the finals. a week after we win the PL, we beat them again.

Two open bus trips.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
How did we get Porto ?
Is the guy in charge of fixing the draws at EUFA sick ?

Here is the dream, after Porto we face Utd, kick their arses, face City in the finals. a week after we win the PL, we beat them again.

Two open bus trips.
I’d rather Barcelona and then Juve. That way we win the league and as champions we have beaten European champions along the way for the big ears. Something to brag about.... playing against those wannabes don’t excite me one bit.

Maria

Klopp has been asked by the German media about Beckenbauers comments ( that it would be a highlight to have Klopp as Bayern's Manager) and Klopp's answer was "If my mother has heard that, she will be very proud of it" lol
Aww, she must be very proud Mum :well done: . I wonder if she has visited him in Liverpool yet. It would be so lovely for Mama Klopp to come when we win some silverware.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Aww, she must be very proud Mum :well done: . I wonder if she has visited him in Liverpool yet. It would be so lovely for Mama Klopp to come when we win some silverware
Of course she has already done that several times Maria. They are very close. And for that generation Franz Beckenbauer is still "the Kaiser" of German Football and I guess Klopp is probably absolutely right, she will be very proud that Beckenbauer has talked like this about her son.

Maria

Of course she has already done that several times Maria. They are very close. And for that generation Franz Beckenbauer is still "the Kaiser" of German Football and I guess Klopp is probably absolutely right, she will be very proud that Beckenbauer has talked like this about her son.
She looks so lovely and cuddly:-). I saw an interview with her (it was in German) and she said that when Jürgen was a little kid, he used practice his football skills in the family living room lol and a few things got broken outside the makeshift goal posts. She is well into her football, cheering when they score.

Oh yes, my Dad was a great fan of Beckenbauer and remembers the 1974 World Cup final vividly, so Beckenbauer is to Germany, is like Pele is to Brazil. Dad also used to talk about how magnificent Gerd Müller was. What a team!:-)

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I’d rather Barcelona and then Juve. That way we win the league and as champions we have beaten European champions along the way for the big ears. Something to brag about.... playing against those wannabes don’t excite me one bit.
Nah, I want another crack at City. Otherwise they will say we never beat them during the season. With all due respect to Barcelona, the image of Suarez and Coutinho laying deflated at Anfield after being eliminated, nothing comes close to doing a number on Utd.

Commando

She looks so lovely and cuddly:-). I saw an interview with her (it was in German) and she said that when Jürgen was a little kid, he used practice his football skills in the family living room lol and a few things got broken outside the makeshift goal posts. She is well into her football, cheering when they score.

Oh yes, my Dad was a great fan of Beckenbauer and remembers the 1974 World Cup final vividly, so Beckenbauer is to Germany, is like Pele is to Brazil. Dad also used to talk about how magnificent Gerd Müller was. What a team!:-)

I remember my young nephew referring to him as "black and decker mower" around that time. lol