Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Frankie Poolbuilder. I like it. I like these translations of foreign names. Doesn't the Saints managers name translate to rabbit hutch?
Hase is hare. Rabbit would be Kaninchen.
It would be like harehutch/harehut.
Or Bunnyhutch :-)

Btw, JK would be something like George Clobber.
Sounds tougher than bunnyhutch.

Last edited:

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
I thought it meant farmer
Bauer usually means farmer, yes.
But bauen also means „to build“. A (Er)Bauer can also be somebody who builds things.
In this context (with Becken=Pool/Basin) I‘d rather translate it as Poolbuilder (someone who builds pools), not Poolfarmer.
Because I don‘t know what a Poolfarmer is or if it even exists :-)

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
Not that anyone was in any doubt that Klopp is a good manager, but there's an interesting snippet in this Guardian article:

Starts off about Solskjaer, but stick with it. Basically academics have carried out a study in the Bundesliga from the early-90s to 2012/13, looking at the effect a manager has on teams.

Different conclusions to be drawn, but the relevant one for me was the bit that says the top 20% of coaches, of which Klopp is one, have a tangible positive effect on their teams, adding an average of 0.3 points per game above the mean. In other words, in a 38-game PL season simply having Klopp at the helm adds 11.5 points on average to our total.

In other words, he ace. But we knew that. But, still, statistics!

Last edited:

Nur der BvB09

Not only Franz Beckenbauer, to make matters worse for Niko Kovac, Executive Chairman of Bayern Karl-Heinz Rummenigge also said he would love to have Jürgen at Bayern.

Sorry, you guys are not having your grubby mitts on our Jürgen any time soon.:unhappy:
Couple of Years before Klopp come to Anfield would have been a matter of Money which Bauern in Germany have tbh but beeing at Anfield well yes Rolex Rummenige and Franzi BackenBAUER can all Dream of what they want once is for shure LFC are way(scies inbetween) above BAUERN!
Don t worry @Maria Klopp loves LFC and he personally gives a feck what others talk as Long his Project LFC goes in the Right direction! Trophy will come for us with Klopp in charge whereas Kovac have a Bauern Team who can win Bundesliga and call themselfes lucky . Can t wait for the next Episode from media where Klopp s gonna Landing lollollol

Commando

Oh yes, my Dad was a great fan of Beckenbauer and remembers the 1974 World Cup final vividly, so Beckenbauer is to Germany, is like Pele is to Brazil. Dad also used to talk about how magnificent Gerd Müller was. What a team!:-)
I remember Mexico 70 vividly. The 66 WC I was aware that something was going on, but hadn't discovered my love of football at that time. There's an anecdotal story in our family of them sat in front of the telly (massive cabinet with a tiny screen). When Hurst hit the bar, my brother who was about ten years old at the time sat there and said "fuckin ell". He is nearly deaf and he thought at the time that if he couldn't hear things then other people couldn't hear him.

Maria

If Jurgens parents have put him up for adoption I'd fight you for him! Even if he is older than me!
If I knew then, Jürgen was playing for Mainz at the time, I would have moved to Mainz, just to see him play every week.:-) Move over Alan Hansen, "sigh".

I remember Mexico 70 vividly. The 66 WC I was aware that something was going on, but hadn't discovered my love of football at that time. There's an anecdotal story in our family of them sat in front of the telly (massive cabinet with a tiny screen). When Hurst hit the bar, my brother who was about ten years old at the time sat there and said "fuckin ell". He is nearly deaf and he thought at the time that if he couldn't hear things then other people couldn't hear him.

I remember Mario Kempes and his flowing locks and Ozzie Ardiles:shocked: in the 1978
final.

@Commando, my Dad and uncle went on forever about the 1970 World Cup and that Gordon Bank's save against Pele's would be goal. Also, how Carlos and Jairzinho's goals were spectacular in the final. I think it was their all time favourite Brazilian team, mine was the 1982 Brazilian World Cup team.

Zinedine Biscan

Half-man, half-Biscuit
There is a nicer one of him without the moustache.lol
He looks so different when he was younger, I would believe that was Jürgen.
Ha, yeah, I did have to search a bit to find one that didn't have him looking like a stone-cold fox.

But some of the ones I've found make it look like he's hardly aged at all, like:

Stick a beard on him, put a black jacket over him and that's basically him on the Anfield sidelines! lol

Maria

Ha, yeah, I did have to search a bit to find one that didn't have him looking like a stone-cold fox.

But some of the ones I've found make it look like he's hardly aged at all, like:

Stick a beard on him, put a black jacket over him and that's basically him on the Anfield sidelines! lol
Thats more like it. AnfieldCat would love this picture:-). I hope she comes back to the TIA.
Nowadays, Jürgen still looks so good for his age, he tans really nicely , despite the pressures of being a EPL Manager.
The other Jürgen (Klinsmann), he still looks like he can play for the German National team, he hasn't aged at all and still looks good. He has no wrinkles on his face, I wonder what cream he uses on his face.

Last edited:

Nur der BvB09

Thats more like it. AnfieldCat would love this picture:-). I hope she comes back to the TIA.
Nowadays, Jürgen still looks so good for his age, he tans really, despite the pressures of being a EPL Manager.
The other Jürgen (Klinsmann), he still looks like he can play for the German National team, he hasn't aged at all and still looks good. He has no wrinkles on his face, I wonder what cream he uses on his faces
I guess every Morning he wake up have a look at the table and see where United positionwise are :wave:

Commando

If I knew then, Jürgen was playing for Mainz at the time, I would have moved to Mainz, just to see him play every week.:-) Move over Alan Hansen, "sigh".

I remember Mario Kempes and his flowing locks and Ozzie Ardiles:shocked: in the 1978
final.

@Commando, my Dad and uncle went on forever about the 1970 World Cup and that Gordon Bank's save against Pele's would be goal. Also, how Carlos and Jairzinho's goals were spectacular in the final. I think it was their all time favourite Brazilian team, mine was the 1982 Brazilian World Cup team.

Whenever a football crowd sing about their team "they're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen". I think of the WC 70 Brazilian team.

Cologne-Liverpool

Was he pregnant when that picture was taken or just trying to hide the ball?