• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
this is how it ll be look like when we win the league and Champions league
That video was a very nice and entertaining watch, he is very charismatic and funny too. I can see why he is a a very popular cult figure in Germany which transcend beyond Mainz and Dortmund areas. I can see him maybe coaching the German National Team one day

According to journalist Tony Evans (he is a Scouser), he said similar things and Liverpool fans just adore Klopp to bits. He totally understands our club, its philosophy such the fans. I don't even want to think about the time When He will call it a day at Liverpool.
Thanks for sharing. :well done:

Nur der BvB09

That video was a very nice and entertaining watch, he is very charismatic and funny too. I can see why he is a a very popular cult figure in Germany which transcend beyond Mainz and Dortmund areas. I can see him maybe coaching the German National Team one day

According to journalist Tony Evans (he is a Scouser), he said similar things and Liverpool fans just adore Klopp to bits. He totally understands our club, its philosophy such the fans. I don't even want to think about the time When He will call it a day at Liverpool.
Thanks for sharing. :well done:
The pleasure is mine @Maria

Maria

Champions of Europe VI
Ive been thinking (worrying) what the latest is on the contract position of Herr Commander, is it due to expire next year? Or did he sign up for 6? Any gossip on when he's going to be offered to be tied in for life?
I am sure Jürgen is contracted to 2021:think: .The thing is, he promised his wife, he would take a year off after his tenure ended at Liverpool. The best thing is, we should plead with Mrs Ulla Klopp, can we keep him for a few more years.:J
I also heard Dortmund fans would like him back again as well and Bayern are also hovering around.

I don't know, it is inevitable one day he will eventually leave, but not too soon hopefully.

Nur der BvB09

I am sure Jürgen is contracted to 2021:think: .The thing is, he promised his wife, he would take a year off after his tenure ended at Liverpool. The best thing is, we should plead with Mrs Ulla Klopp, can we keep him for a few more years.:J
I also heard Dortmund fans would like him back again as well and Bayern are also hovering around.

I don't know, it is inevitable one day he will eventually leave, but not too soon hopefully.
Herr Klopp is best suited to the best posibel Club in the WORLD atm! Once he brought the Club silberware and at least 2 Championships then he can go in a long Holiday again :celebrating:

SBYM

Chicken Biggle(s)
On the whole slip thing, sport (and sports journalism) loves fairy tales...just look at what is happening right now after yesterday's Masters.

I wouldn't get too wound up about it. It really is nonsense and I guarantee that when we salute in a few weeks we will see quite a few headlines featuring the words 'slip', 'ghosts', and 'banished'.

Lazy tropes and tired clichés sell papers and win clicks. Once you accept that is the point of almost all journalism you feel much better.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
On the whole slip thing, sport (and sports journalism) loves fairy tales...just look at what is happening right now after yesterday's Masters.

I wouldn't get too wound up about it...I guarantee that when we salute in a few weeks we will see quite a few headlines featuring the words 'slip', 'ghosts', and 'banished'.

Lazy tropes and tired clichés sell papers and win clicks. Once you accept that is the point of almost all journalism you feel much better.
It was lazy and attempting to force a narrative onto an almost irrelevant situation given the changes both clubs have undergone in the past five years... but it wasn't inherently anti-Liverpool either. Yes if similar had happened I'm sure there'd have been some smugness, but equally the media loves a redemption story and I haven't detected any bitterness in the coverage. Build a narrative and then you're a winner either way.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
It was lazy and attempting to force a narrative onto an almost irrelevant situation given the changes both clubs have undergone in the past five years... but it wasn't inherently anti-Liverpool either. Yes if similar had happened I'm sure there'd have been some smugness, but equally the media loves a redemption story and I haven't detected any bitterness in the coverage. Build a narrative and then you're a winner either way.
But even the Chelsea official account posted the Gerrrad Slip on saturday night - eve of the game. And its not only Chelsea fans that sing songs about Gerrards slip...

Do you ever hear the media or us remind everyone that John Terry slipped too - and cost them the Champions League. Would we even have a song about it? Chelsea just have that small club mentality - more interested in us losing, than there own team winning. And I love how Jurgen just brushes its all aside.

On another note, Jurgen keeps mentioning the wind at Anfield - and I've definitely noticed a difference since the new main stand was built, maybe it needs Annie Road raised so its all more enclosed - and his way of giving another reason to do so... Love the man.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
But even the Chelsea official account posted the Gerrrad Slip on saturday night - eve of the game. And its not only Chelsea fans that sing songs about Gerrards slip...
But the thing you have to remember, Chelsea are cunts. I'm not really arsed about what their club twitter is doing, to be honest.

I'm a little surprised however why they'd be celebrating an occasion where all they achieved was helping the team that supplanted them as the league's nouveau rich win the title.

SBYM

Chicken Biggle(s)
But the thing you have to remember, Chelsea are cunts. I'm not really arsed about what their club twitter is doing, to be honest.

I'm a little surprised however why they'd be celebrating an occasion where all they achieved was helping the team that supplanted them as the league's nouveau rich win the title.
If their executive and management teams are anything like their supporter base they ain't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
If their executive and management teams are anything like their supporter base they ain't the sharpest tools in the shed.
My Chelsea-supporting mate visited on Saturday, I've known him for 35 years and he was the best man at my wedding so I'm confident stating he's not your typical CFC dickhead... but even then his first words stepping off the train were about Gerrard's slip. lol

I don't really get it... obviously if it had been them that won the title that year and that win at Anfield was crucial to that you could see it. All I can think is we became such fierce rivals when Mourinho and Rafa were managing, and Mou and their fans spent a decade whinging about Garcia's goal in the CL, that it was just that they saw it as an act of vengeance? I don't know. That's all I got.

Nur der BvB09

Do you ever hear the media or us remind everyone that John Terry slipped too - and cost them the Champions League. Would we even have a song about it? Chelsea just have that small club mentality - more interested in us losing, than there own team winning. And I love how Jurgen just brushes its all aside.

On another note, Jurgen keeps mentioning the wind at Anfield - and I've definitely noticed a difference since the new main stand was built, maybe it needs Annie Road raised so its all more enclosed - and his way of giving another reason to do so... Love the man.
No but i ll make one to Hazard when we WIN the League this year thanking him for hitting the post (followed with a Long list as well from Goalies and Players who shited themself in front of the KOP this year)!
P.S R.I.P for the 96

Last edited:

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
No but i ll make one to Hazard when we WIN the League this year thanking him for hitting the post (followed with a Long list as well from Goalies and Players who shited themself in front of the KOP this year)!
With the level of noise coming out of Anfield, I am actually surprised their players came out of the tunnel without shit in their pants already.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
I've read comments on various platforms from Spurs fans who wanted to see Chelsea beat us on Sunday, and Man Utd fans who'd be happy to see their own team miss out on top 4 if it meant us not winning the league.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

It's fine to have a dislike of other clubs, but not wishing for stuff that could ultimately be detrimental to your own team.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I've read comments on various platforms from Spurs fans who wanted to see Chelsea beat us on Sunday, and Man Utd fans who'd be happy to see their own team miss out on top 4 if it meant us not winning the league.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

It's fine to have a dislike of other clubs, but not wishing for stuff that could ultimately be detrimental to your own team.
If we win the league, beating their oil wealth and corruption with strategy, hard work, team spirit and sensible spending, then what’s their excuse?

The brits have a terrible natural urge to want to doff their cap to money and power. I think football fans feel secure and comfortable with City winning everything. It makes them feel there is a natural order.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
If we win the league, beating their oil wealth and corruption with strategy, hard work, team spirit and sensible spending, then what’s their excuse?

The brits have a terrible natural urge to want to doff their cap to money and power. I think football fans feel secure and comfortable with City winning everything. It makes them feel there is a natural order.
Maybe it's not so much cap-doffing, but perhaps it's an easy excuse for not winning the league. It's like City are so far ahead in terms of resources that clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc (talking about the supporters mainly) simply don't have a chance.

However, if we win the league through sound long-term planning, an inspirational manager and honing our recruitment process over the course of a decade, suddenly that throws their failure to do similar into a stark light. Suddenly it's not a case of 'we didn't have a chance' but 'if they can do it, why can't we?'... it's at once achievable and also gives the realisation that a lot of bloody hard work will be required.

Buying the title is one thing, how do you compete with that if you aren't on a level financial footing? But earning it through sheer hard work and experience, that suddenly makes all the other clubs look bad and people don't like that.

cynicaloldgit

Resident Misanthrope
Ad-free Member
Buying the title is one thing, how do you compete with that if you aren't on a level financial footing? But earning it through sheer hard work and experience, that suddenly makes all the other clubs look bad and people don't like that.
Yeah- I remember the whole country hating it when Leicester won the league.

Cologne-Liverpool

Maybe it's not so much cap-doffing, but perhaps it's an easy excuse for not winning the league. It's like City are so far ahead in terms of resources that clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc (talking about the supporters mainly) simply don't have a chance.

However, if we win the league through sound long-term planning, an inspirational manager and honing our recruitment process over the course of a decade, suddenly that throws their failure to do similar into a stark light. Suddenly it's not a case of 'we didn't have a chance' but 'if they can do it, why can't we?'... it's at once achievable and also gives the realisation that a lot of bloody hard work will be required.

They'll thank us later.
Well, they probably won't but they bloody well should.

Zinedine Biscan

Kylian me softly...
Ad-free Member
Yeah- I remember the whole country hating it when Leicester won the league.
Their win was a fluke, and so again easy to dismiss with a shrug while telling yourself you're happy for the underdog. Everyone knew they would never get close again and so weren't bothered by it. We won't be going away any time soon, rubbing their noses in it by doing all the things right they could have done if they'd got their acts together, and being a bloody good team to watch while doing it.

Kenny Dalglish LFC Legend

See you in the conspiracy thread. I know why and it´s not becauses Brits doff their cap to money and power.