• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

FGred

That's a great piece and it articulates exactly how I feel about this club.
Then you contrast that with today’s article by the chief writer of the mirror about Klopp’s 7 final losses with a total lack of fairness but we wouldn’t exchange him with any of the managers he so admires like Maureen and Gladiola and even Poch, I would so dearly love for JK and Hendo to lift that trophy on Saturday but regardless of the result we have had an absolute ball the past 4 years and we would love him to sign another 10 years with us.

FGred

Norbert Klopp worked his whole life for Fischer a company that invented a rawlplug that set new standards in a very specific product area. The owner of the family- based firm and the pioneer spirit was Artur Fischer who was not a hands off kind of boss. His philosophy rubbed off on those who worked for him. Artur's son Klaus left things to the old man until Artur's last days a few years ago but had the same drive and spirit.
I didn't meet Klaus but my colleagues gave his business English a boost in a summer course a couple of years ago.

It's a very special region that we have here, the down-to-earth resourcefulness of the Nord Schwarzwald people is second to none.
Totally agree when I was 16 our school in France took us to Germany to spend a month in Tubingen and Reutlingen, then we went through the black Forrest and spent a week in lake Konstanz absolutely amazing.

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
More than anyone else I’m happy for Jurgen. He deserves this.

totally agree,

He has brought so much positivity to the club during his tenure,
that this club is now unrecognisable from what it was before he came,

He made us all believers, and rebuilt the 'holy trinity' along the way

And we are now European Champs,

Let that sink in.....

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2019!!!!

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
So happy for Jurgen, not just because we won the Champions League but because he can now shake off that "cup final loser" tag. No way is he a loser. This man is a winner in so many ways, but mainly a winner as a human being. I hope he stays with us until he retires.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It was worth the wait and I am so glad his first trophy is one of the big ones. Champions League. Fucking hell. The dam has definitely burst now and anything is possible from here on in.
Liverpool managers don’t win minnow trophies as their first. They all prefer to make a proper statement.

A true great man. As much as he wanted his players to experience winning trophies, you could see how much the players wanted this for him too. He’s done something really special to this club in such a short space of time. When he was hauling the cup, look at the faces of the players and how happy they are for him.

Thank you Klopp!

Last edited: