• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
The second best ever decision by owners which has now changed the entire club. Obviously the first was buying us.

A world class manager who created world class teams on his own twice. He deserves this trophy. We deserve this trophy. It's rightfully ours, you see, Coz we are "European Royalty".

Limiescouse

The second best ever decision by owners which has now changed the entire club. Obviously the first was buying us.

A world class manager who created world class teams on his own twice. He deserves this trophy. We deserve this trophy. It's rightfully ours, you see, Coz we are "European Royalty".
I get that in both cases he is the missing piece without which the project wouldn't have got where it did, but I think he would be the first to tell that he most certainly didn't do it on his own. And not out of humility. Klopp has had very good teams of people around him here and at Dortmund, but rather than using that to diminish his value it exemplifies it.

Good leaders are those who find ways to make use of the talent that surrounds them. Good leaders are not threatened by the brilliance and success of their subordinates, but work to make sure that all the various pieces of talent are all pushing in the same direction. In hindsight one of the things that brough Rodgers down was his insecurity. He didn't want the transfer committee to be an unqualified success because he would have viewed that as marginalizing him. I cannot imagine him elevating someone like Linders the way Klopp has. One of the things Klopp has done brilliantly is to understand the resources he has available to him at this club and let them do what they are good at. That is far more valuable than someone who wants to do things by himself. What Klopp has done is taken a fractured club and created a continuity and togetherness than runs all the way from Henry, Gordon and Werner on one end, right the way through the back room staff and to the players. It's am amazing feat.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
I recall in one of his first interviews he said something like he would not view the project as a success if the club didn't win a major trophy within four years. Hope I don't misremember it, but the four years thing definitely stands out in my memory. Pretty spooky in retrospect. It did take four seasons to build it up and make it happen. Think of those four seasons. Every one a little bit stronger than the last. What an exclamation point on that four seasons of work.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
More than anyone else I’m happy for Jurgen. He deserves this.
Totally agree. Even if he left the club having won nothing I would still class him as one of our greats just because of how he has gone about things at this club and how quickly he has turned things around.

Many were writing him off in his last season at Dortmund. This victory, this season's performance resurrects his reputation completely.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Jürgen is part of Liverpool folklore now, his life will never be the same again. He is in that elite club now. I am just so happy for him, he deserved it.
It is not easy to win the biggest trophy in Europe, quite a few top managers could not do it, for example, Simeone, Lippi, Wenger, Allegri, Conte etc

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I get that in both cases he is the missing piece without which the project wouldn't have got where it did, but I think he would be the first to tell that he most certainly didn't do it on his own. And not out of humility. Klopp has had very good teams of people around him here and at Dortmund, but rather than using that to diminish his value it exemplifies it.

Good leaders are those who find ways to make use of the talent that surrounds them. Good leaders are not threatened by the brilliance and success of their subordinates, but work to make sure that all the various pieces of talent are all pushing in the same direction. In hindsight one of the things that brough Rodgers down was his insecurity. He didn't want the transfer committee to be an unqualified success because he would have viewed that as marginalizing him. I cannot imagine him elevating someone like Linders the way Klopp has. One of the things Klopp has done brilliantly is to understand the resources he has available to him at this club and let them do what they are good at. That is far more valuable than someone who wants to do things by himself. What Klopp has done is taken a fractured club and created a continuity and togetherness than runs all the way from Henry, Gordon and Werner on one end, right the way through the back room staff and to the players. It's am amazing feat.
One thing in particular I loved during last night's celebrations was not seeing Klopp with players when they lined up to celebrate, allowing them to be the focus with crowd and secondly when he did join them, he got all his coaching team to hold the trophy with him for the crowd. (And the fact that even John Henry can't escape his hugs).

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
In his time here he had only missed one season without European competition. In all the 3 seasons he did, he took us all the way to the final. We’ve lost 2 and won this one.... I guess we can keep expecting Champs League finals very regularly then.

Barnestormer

Left wing.

Encouraging news for us fans, although the article lacks detail on any offer actually put to Klopp, but does say, much of the first team budget has been expended on securing long term deals on major players, such as our front three. The article looks an aggregating stab at what is clearly an obvious desire throughout the club. May said extension please come to pass.

treboeth

Encouraging news for us fans, although the article lacks detail on any offer actually put to Klopp, but does say, much of the first team budget has been expended on securing long term deals on major players, such as our front three. The article looks an aggregating stab at what is clearly an obvious desire throughout the club. May said extension please come to pass.

Nur der BvB09

Totally agree. Even if he left the club having won nothing I would still class him as one of our greats just because of how he has gone about things at this club and how quickly he has turned things around.

Many were writing him off in his last season at Dortmund. This victory, this season's performance resurrects his reputation completely.
But not a single Dortmund Fan questioned him or the Team of BVB even as they were Fighting with the Relegation and it was simply because mostly Klopp made everyone exept the media in Germany CLEAR that " it s not by might and not by power but by the spirit" that is worth!
this is from 2017 when Borussia was struggling under Klopp by the way:

Last edited:

nikz200

Incognito

The Normal One
I recall in one of his first interviews he said something like he would not view the project as a success if the club didn't win a major trophy within four years. Hope I don't misremember it, but the four years thing definitely stands out in my memory. Pretty spooky in retrospect. It did take four seasons to build it up and make it happen. Think of those four seasons. Every one a little bit stronger than the last. What an exclamation point on that four seasons of work.

I forgot Klopp said this, and the discussions we all had on here as to whether it included the CL or just the league title. Puts another perspective on this season for me.
Came here to post about this. Incredible he delivered it. Some confidence this man has to put his head out, challenge himself and then deliver when the world is watching you and will jump on you if you do not meet this.

He said you need to become doubters to believers. We all, most of us at least, including me, have never been fully converted for one reason or another. I was scared with our initial games this season wondering if our defensive approach meant we were losing the attractive football that Klopp had been famous for, the midfield doubts we had, Dubai trips, lack of signings, etc. etc.. He has proved us all wrong. Highest points tally that should ideally have been a title and a CL trophy. Wow.

If there were any any little doubts one might have had on anything he does, it should be gone now. We are in safe hands. Klopp isn't someone who won't make mistakes. But he is humble and flexible to accept it and adapt accordingly. He had Buvac gone as well, his trusted aide for years. Nothing affects this man. Always positive, always smiling and always believing.

Danke Jurgen! Thank you again!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

Can someone tell Franz to bugger off kindly. The club cannot allow Klopp to leave right now. get him that new contract
Club has little say in Klopp staying or going. He puts so much of himself into his work, when it's time we will just have to wipe away the tears, thank him for everything he has done and wish him well. He has made it clear though he has no wish to leave anytime soon, and I'm not sure Bayern is the sort of job he wants - I.e one where they are already so dominant in the league.

Nur der BvB09

Can someone tell Franz to bugger off kindly. The club cannot allow Klopp to leave right now. get him that new contract
Why mate being so disrespectful to the german legend Franz? It ll be enough and polite as well to tell Franz to Right FUCK OFF!

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Jürgen is part of Liverpool folklore now, his life will never be the same again. He is in that elite club now. I am just so happy for him, he deserved it.
It is not easy to win the biggest trophy in Europe, quite a few top managers could not do it, for example, Simeone, Lippi, Wenger, Allegri, Conte etc
Jurgen.

The rest.