• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Mattyhurst83

I can across this CNN programme by accident. Anyone seen this?
It was filmed before the final, I am half way watching it. It is with Raphael Honigstein and Guillen Balague discussing the two managers.

I think Channel 4 had it on before the final, I was so tense so I couldn’t watch it, thanks for posting it. oh and hello I’m Back formally Mattyhurst but evidently it wasn’t allowing my password to be reset.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
I know we have seen umpteenth JK interviews till kingdom come, but I came across this interview, it is in German, but, it has English subtitles. I am not sure how old it is, it must be at least 3 years old I think.

However, this interview is different and abit unusual from the run of the mill sports interviews you see. You kind of get to know his personality abit more, away from football as well. It is very philosophical and candid insight of our Manager. Also, you get to see a very young Jürgen in his very first tv interview, he was quite cute and shy there, bless him. He looks like someone from a 1980s indie band :J

Claymenza

I really like the fact that Klopp came in and instantly got along with the transfer committee, especially Michael Edwards who is such a smart person.
It also helps that Klopp as a communicator is very direct and patient in terms of what he's aiming for.
The likes of pep lindgers are also highly thought of. I was really glad to see him back especially when gerrard and buvac left.

Also, congrats to our former captain for completing his badge which he started under Klopp's tutelage.

Maria

@Maria that is a brilliant interview thanks :well done:

Question for any of the German members, are all of your journalists(sorry dont know about the guy) such brilliant interviewers?
I saw one interview in German right, this interviewer was really winding up Jürgen and our Gaffer was really giving him pelters for answers. It was funny though, never saw our Jürgen like that before. lol . He was Dortmund manager at that time.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
He only has himself to blame. If he hadn't got us to the Champions League final he'd have had an extra 3 weeks off.
Sorry, but he looks effing happy to go back to work. Probably got bored on his holiday. Maybe he cut it short? Saddo.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
It's a bit premature given he has three years left on his current contract, but slightly alarmed by stuff I've read today that Klopp is stalling over signing the new deal FSG has offered, with suggestions he might well want some time away from the game after he reaches 7 years with us, the same period of time he was in his previous jobs.

Hypothetically, if he gets to the end of this contract and says to the owners 'look, I'm happy at the club but I'm shattered and need a year's sabbatical', what should we do?

I think I'd be firmly in the camp of let him take a year out, recharge batteries and come back refreshed. It's a difficult situation, though - maybe someone like Lijnders would be in a position to hold the fort for a year while employing Klopp's methods and tactics. I'm not sure if anything like that has happened in the sport before.

Basically I'd hate to lose Klopp just because he was a bit burned out and needed some time away.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
It's a bit premature given he has three years left on his current contract, but slightly alarmed by stuff I've read today that Klopp is stalling over signing the new deal FSG has offered, with suggestions he might well want some time away from the game after he reaches 7 years with us, the same period of time he was in his previous jobs.

Hypothetically, if he gets to the end of this contract and says to the owners 'look, I'm happy at the club but I'm shattered and need a year's sabbatical', what should we do?

I think I'd be firmly in the camp of let him take a year out, recharge batteries and come back refreshed. It's a difficult situation, though - maybe someone like Lijnders would be in a position to hold the fort for a year while employing Klopp's methods and tactics. I'm not sure if anything like that has happened in the sport before.

Basically I'd hate to lose Klopp just because he was a bit burned out and needed some time away.
Frequently (Pep is like this too) it’s not just needing a year out - it’s having done everything they can do in the role, and needing to start fresh somewhere.

Maria

My take on it is, if Jürgen needs to finish his 7 years at Liverpool for fear of burn out, then so be it. His health and family comes first. He said, he doesn't want to die on the bench.
If he he needs a year off, this is great for us too and I would be more than happy for Pep to be caretaker manager.

It is inevitable that Jürgen will leave LFC one day. As a supporter, I will be sad. However, I absolutely trust him to leave the club in good hands for the next manager. I am sure he will help the owners search for a new manager which will fit in with the club's philosophy and traditions.

Jürgen does deserve a retirement life as well with his family and friends. He has given his heart and soul for every single manager's job he has undertaken.

Last edited: