• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Sorry for posting a dailymail link, but the original times article is behind a pay wall.

treboeth

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp exclusive: How he created the mentality for the Champions League triumph

Klopp explains his approach with the collective idea: "How long can I hold on to the edge of a mountain with a finger, if I only want to save my own life? No idea, maybe ten seconds, but if I have my little son with me I could probably hang there for three days, at least in my imagination, I would do it for him, not for myself."

"The more you realize, what you do for other people, the easier it is to overcome boundaries. And my boys have that talent," he explains. "They would hang on the edge of the mountain for four years, no question." An attitude that the former BVB coach deliberately cites: "If a player does not have a footballing talent, I can not make him a great player, but the mentality, I think, is that all people just have it in them."

Commando

Ad-free Member
Sorry for posting a dailymail link, but the original times article is behind a pay wall.

The Boss really thinks outside of the box when it comes to football.

Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp exclusive: How he created the mentality for the Champions League triumph

Klopp explains his approach with the collective idea: "How long can I hold on to the edge of a mountain with a finger, if I only want to save my own life? No idea, maybe ten seconds, but if I have my little son with me I could probably hang there for three days, at least in my imagination, I would do it for him, not for myself."

"The more you realize, what you do for other people, the easier it is to overcome boundaries. And my boys have that talent," he explains. "They would hang on the edge of the mountain for four years, no question." An attitude that the former BVB coach deliberately cites: "If a player does not have a footballing talent, I can not make him a great player, but the mentality, I think, is that all people just have it in them."

You get the feeling that our lads would do anything for each other. If I was off to war these are the type of pals I'd want stood next to me.

MinniMo

Gilb4444

The Boss really thinks outside of the box when it comes to football.
Does it not worry you that we might not have dealt with the stress of leading the premier last year? Surely this is showing weakness to our Rivals who will now target and exploit this.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Does it not worry you that we might not have dealt with the stress of leading the premier last year? Surely this is showing weakness to our Rivals who will now target and exploit this.
How so? The lead changed hands for some 20 plus times last season between us and City, so how is it that we are not handling the lead and have a weakness that can be exploited when City too had lost their lead through pressure. Remember the Newcastle and Palace match?

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member

Worth a read, made me relax anyways!
And still after reading his views on team/squad building and his take on the transfer market,people still can't understand his philosophy and why the club are doing what they are doing,by buying nobody this summer and blaming FSG.

Commando

Ad-free Member
No. In my opinion it had nothing to do with us not handling the stress and more to do with poor officiating. It worries me more that those same officials will be refereeing in the Prem this season.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
If I'm honest and shoot me down but I believe the money is there, I just believe Klopp didn't find enough value in what he wanted, I thought it would be quiet potentially one or two signings but he sees players like Gomez who can cover RB, yes LB will be less dynamic if it's Milner but at the same time could also be a benefit if we are hanging on in games, also you need to find the right player who is willing to play second fiddle to Robertson, it's a hard thing for a player to accept, that is were a youth system comes in. Milner will likely play little or no games in the centre this season as the competition is high.

My only concern is the management of the front 3, do Elliott and Brewster step up straight away, is the jury still out on Wilson? You've still got Woodburn who seems to be a bit like Wilson in the fact that his career hasn't progressed as much.

Do I think we have a squad good enough to challenge for the title and the CL, yeah I do. Would I have liked a signing in the forward line, of course I would. Where there is a gap in talent Klopp will spend, it's probably the seasons for Ox and Shaqiri to shine if they don't they mind find themselves surplus.

Man City are not the 98pt team they were last season, I would say a year older and year on we are still worth 97pts, will we get it... I don't think so but that doesn't mean you need 97pts next season.

End of the day we will only know in May 2020, I feel we've kept our key players this time, not something we did when we went close under Rafa and Rodgers.

Last edited:

LDM

Check out this exclusive interview Stan Collymore and Jurgen Kloop ahead of the first game, I love how he talks about his football Philosophy and how he relaxes.