• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Dutch

Ad-free Member
From what I was told from fans of the club, he tried to instill his way ignoring the advice of others and abit too full of himself. It depends on where you hear or read the stories from, but mine was from someone local (working for me in Holland) who gave me the low down on how he's being perceived in the club and around it. Full of himself is what they mentioned and I am never a fan of someone like that - we had one.
Exactly, that's what I have been hearing too. They called him the laptop manager wanting the players to adapt his style of training/playing although the players where not good enough to do that. That is fine when you are the manager of a top 10 team in the world but when you manage a team in the second division in the Netherlands where I call the first division the Micky Mouse League so you have an idea how good or let we say how bad the League is. A good manager understands that he has to adapt to the level and capability of his players and not try to manage them like they are Firmino and Mané if they are not.

It was clear he was too arrogant to change his ways and was rightfully fired. He might be a good assistant but somehow he reminds me of Brenda Rodgers and I don't like that one bit. When noting strange happens and Steve Gerard keeps developing himself as a manager I go for him.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
This man really cares about all his players, from youth to senior setup.... just have a read about how this fella got his move this summer.

It's not all about lip service from our current manager. I don't think I could ever admire another manager the way I did when I was a kid in the late 70s and 80s. He had just changed my stance.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
One former player I've long thought would be a great LFC one day is Xabi Alonso. It's a bit unfortunate that he's taken so long to get into a manager role as he might not be ready if and when Klopp does leave. Then again if Chelsea can give the manager's job to Lampard after just one season with a lower league club, then why not? If he does well at Sociedad, that is. I suppose the B team post he has now will be an almost automatic stepping stone the La Liga team.

A recent quote from Xabi:
Asked how he thinks the Premier League will play out this season, Alonso continued: "I support Mikel and Pep a lot but my feelings are not shared at the moment. I am a Liverpool fan.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
That’s an over-simplistic view of Ljinders in my opinion.

Maybe it was too early for him? Maybe there were other issues, and there was too much to address.

There might be a world of difference between going to NEC and stepping into a purring set up at LFC.
I read a long article on Pep and why it didn't work at NEC, basically it came down to his methods were far far too advanced for the players he had at his disposal - His expectations on technical ability, movement, fitness, tactics just didn't match the level he was at.

Now that could mean he isn't flexible to tone his methods to the players he has, or on the flip side with an elite team like Liverpool he is ideal.

*Edit seen Dutch has covered it a bit more in depth.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
One former player I've long thought would be a great LFC one day is Xabi Alonso. It's a bit unfortunate that he's taken so long to get into a manager role as he might not be ready if and when Klopp does leave. Then again if Chelsea can give the manager's job to Lampard after just one season with a lower league club, then why not? If he does well at Sociedad, that is. I suppose the B team post he has now will be an almost automatic stepping stone the La Liga team.
Let's see what he can do. May have been a bunch of 13 year old, but he got them 22 wins and 1 draw in the entire season. Also now managing Sociedad B side, much like Pep with Barca B side. Who knows. Now he is someone I do have more faith in.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
It's not all about lip service from our current manager. I don't think I could ever admire another manager the way I did when I was a kid in the late 70s and 80s. He had just changed my stance.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I never ever thought that I could hold someone in a higher regard than that which I had for Paisley and Dalglish . But this guy Klopp just operates on a different plane. Not just a brilliant manager but a truly wonderful human being , who by his words and actions commands not just respect but something actually quite close to love. I know already just how devastated I'm going to be when he does eventually decide to leave. I remember that unbelievable send off the Dortmund fans gave him and thought to meself at the time, that's a bit odd for Germans to be expressing themselves in that way. I think we all know now exactly what all the fuss was about.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
This man really cares about all his players, from youth to senior setup.... just have a read about how this fella got his move this summer.

Aww, that was so generous and caring of klopp. The message he sent Nathaniel Phillips was so lovely. I mean, the youngster must have felt so encourage, feeling so happy and motivated to improve himself. Isn't the Sporting Director Sven Mislintat, the guy who briefly worked at Arsenal and Dortmund?

Nur der BvB09

For me personally restoring the PRAUD of LFC worldwide is the biggest archivement Klopp has reached. Trophies will be bought with Oil money nowadays. Eceptions are we which do it Time and Again the hard way. This is what i liked at Klopp mostly in Dortmund and Mainz the most. Fight with your Heart and Honour the Club and Fans. He has archieved that and as long our Players play Klopp‘s mentallity eben when once he‘s gone, there is nothing to fear in the post era Klopp. Untill then ( i hope in 20 years) let‘s Enjoy it. LFC is a FAMILY Dynasty

Nur der BvB09

Jurgen Klopp is neither permitted to retire, or even die as long as we;
won the league twice in a row
Mo and Mane and Bobby geting the golden boot in the same season
Manure geting positionwise above 8 the place

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I know, I really do, but you will all tell me to hush my mouth and not repeat such awful words words and yet it’s got to be said. I’m referring to the day when Jürgen tells our Board he will be leaving the club. I know, it’s an horrendous thought, but it is going to happen and could be only a few years into the future. Will the club do what they did when Shanks called it a day and resigned? They selected the next manager internally and asked Bob Paisley to step into the great man’s shoes, which thankfully he did. Therefore, do you think we will see Pep taking up the baton? Time will tell, but it’s only a matter of time before it all enfolds. That’s right, I am a purveyor of doom.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I know, I really do, but you will all tell me to hush my mouth and not repeat such awful words words and yet it’s got to be said. I’m referring to the day when Jürgen tells our Board he will be leaving the club. I know, it’s an horrendous thought, but it is going to happen and could be only a few years into the future. Will the club do what they did when Shanks called it a day and resigned? They selected the next manager internally and asked Bob Paisley to step into the great man’s shoes, which thankfully he did. Therefore, do you think we will see Pep taking up the baton? Time will tell, but it’s only a matter of time before it all enfolds. That’s right, I am a purveyor of doom.
Uh... we've been talking about exactly this for weeks now (the discussion even runs into the top of this very page).

William Clarke

Pfffft. Call that doom-mongering?

You will die. Your children will die. Your children’s children will die. This will continue for 7.5 billion years (and it’s highly unlikely that mankind lasts that long) until the Sun absorbs the Earth.

Amateur.
Oooo-er! Hey, and I will whisper this — don’t mention the [email protected] — ssshhh

Red over the water

Klopp is fantastic and we all love him. We want him to stay for as long as possible. As things stand we should have this season and another two, so plenty of time yet to enjoy. It’s human nature to look ahead. If he wants an extended sabbatical before coming back refreshed, we should grant it. Cover things internally with the backroom team, even for up to a season. If he calls an end to his time at Liverpool, he goes with his head held high and with all our best wishes... and that’s before we know what we achieve between now and then.

I’m not sure I would do an internal move. I know it served us so well in years gone by, but I think the world is now a different place. It’s hard to say who will come to the fore in the future, but personally I am watching Julian Nagelsmann. He has got something about him. Made his mark very young, too. He seems to have ideas about the game.

Obviously there are lots of prime candidates, but I’m trying to think of someone who is making their mark and coming up through the ranks.

But it’s on the back burner. We’ve got this season and two more with Klopp. Loads to enjoy!

macca1970

.............. If he wants an extended sabbatical before coming back refreshed, we should grant it. Cover things internally with the backroom team, even for up to a season. If he calls an end to his time at Liverpool, he goes with his head held high and with all our best wishes... and that’s before we know what we achieve between now and then.
I can't see this situation ocurring at all. It's goes against everything Klopp stands for. If Klopp wants an extended break away from football, he would honour his contract, and then let Liverpool bring in another manager with 100% control. None of this interim bullshit. Most likely Klopp would only return if the incumbant manager were to leave.

Klopp is building something great here, and we should enjoy. But it's not only Klopp. It's the entire structure heading in the right direction. Things such as giving heavily incentivised contracts rather than Sanchez type stupidity. If Klopp leaves, then it's up to the owners with the structure in place to identify someone who is a good fit for the long term plans.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
One thing for sure,at the moment Klopp will be here as long as he wants,he says he will know when it is time for a break,that’s fine as long as it it a bloody long way away.
That twitter bit from Mike Galsworthy makes me admire the man even more.
Might have to nail his boots to the deck when he feels it’s time!
Seriously that time is hopefully a long way off and things could change for many in that time.
I always hoped that when he does go Stevie may have established himself as a manager,and could step in.Maybe that is a bit romantic,but sure he’d be welcome.
Suppose the same applies to Xabi if he can establish himself.

William Clarke

One thing for sure,at the moment Klopp will be here as long as he wants,he says he will know when it is time for a break,that’s fine as long as it it a bloody long way away.
That twitter bit from Mike Galsworthy makes me admire the man even more.
Might have to nail his boots to the deck when he feels it’s time!
Seriously that time is hopefully a long way off and things could change for many in that time.
I always hoped that when he does go Stevie may have established himself as a manager,and could step in.Maybe that is a bit romantic,but sure he’d be welcome.
Suppose the same applies to Xabi if he can establish himself.
Stevie or Xabi, either would do for me when Jürgen hangs up his boots, metaphorically speaking.