• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

Nur der BvB09

I am sure Jurgen loved Dortmund too in a similar way. I saw his final match with Dortmund and the way he was saying goodbye to the fans, it was so emotional and the fans crying and giving him a good send off. I remember fans were being interviewed and one lady said she believed that one day he will be back at Westfalon stadion.
He always seems to be in touch with his old clubs which is a really nice thing to do.
It is not important what People do think when you come in, it is much important what they do think when you leave; is spoken from the experience Klopp did during his time at Mainz and Dortmund and the icing on the cake is LFC. He has done imo most Things Right through his time at his previous 2 Clubs and the recognition hes got after the time he spend there, is where he felt he s done more Right then wrong. With the BIG Size a Club like Liverpool FC poses, i was worried he ll face Problems which at a Point in time may be to much even for someone like him could handle. But he s proven even here at Anfield, that as Long the bond of togetherness between all involved with the Club is restored, Nothing is imposibel.
Klopp once said in his early days at Mainz( unmögliches wird sofort erledigt, nur wundern brauchen n bisschen länger= imposibel Things will be solved imideately, wounders Need a bit longer).

Last edited:

[email protected]

Standards are so high at Liverpool these days that when the slightest thing goes wrong there’s an immediate inquest to figure out what, why and how it can be fixed in the future.
It’s mental that after four years of massive progression including countless finals, 97 points in the league, a two-and-a-half year unbeaten run at Anfield, and the biggest prize in club football, the manager is still having to prove himself, init?
We’d have twatted them Mancs if only Klopp would have started Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita instead of Henderson and Wijnaldum was aftermatch what the most wrote here in TIA.( and yea now we have 28 out of possibel 30 Points after 10 games played)
I sometimes wish myself and i do start with myself cause countless times i loose it when we don t win by 4 0r 5(!) just to enjoy what i m seeing and apreciate it the most.
P.S. Football Gods have to make it happen this year . It MUST be US!YNWA

Red over the water

It’s an interesting development to watch Pepijn Lijnders stepping in for the League Cup games.

What are we seeing?

Jürgen taking a bit of a breather?
Is it because the schedule is too much?
Is it because he intends to go on for years here (I hope so) so this is a measure to aid longevity
Is it to give the assistant anger some experience in the hot seat? Looks like it.
Is it some sort of modern day boot room situation, where we are starting to plan for the future, but in a safe sort of way, while we allow the assistant to grow on the job?

It will be interesting to watch the development with Lijnders.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
It’s an interesting development to watch Pepijn Lijnders stepping in for the League Cup games.

What are we seeing?

Is it because he intends to go on for years here (I hope so) so this is a measure to aid longevity
Is it to give the assistant anger some experience in the hot seat? Looks like it.
Is it some sort of modern day boot room situation, where we are starting to plan for the future, but in a safe sort of way, while we allow the assistant to grow on the job?

We shouldn't make too much of it imo. Last time Pep stepped in to do the press conference, Klopp was away to get his manager of the year trophy (the evening before the press conference). Maybe he just has something else to do this time as well !?!

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member

What are we seeing?

or is it because he is in Blackpool having talks with Mpabbe? ;)

Red over the water

I just reread my post and saw “assistant anger” instead of manager. Gotta love typing on an iPad. Anyway, not making anything of it yet, but it might be something to watch, for a variety of reasons. I’m loving the Mbappe Blackpool thing! Paris has got nothing on Blackpool. Bag of chips on the seafront, donkey ride... the works.

It’ll knock Mbappe Mbandy and he’ll be signing for us posthaste!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
We shouldn't make too much of it imo. Last time Pep stepped in to do the press conference, Klopp was away to get his manager of the year trophy (the evening before the press conference). Maybe he just has something else to do this time as well !?!
Didn't Pep make the pre-match talk for the previous league cup round too? I think it's an excellent and very interesting move. Not that I think that Pep is on the line to become the next manager. But it's an interesting sign of how Klopp proceeds: he hands out responsibility to people he works with, because he trusts them. That in return relieves a bit of the pressure he carries as the man in charge. Win-win.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Didn't Pep make the pre-match talk for the previous league cup round too? I think it's an excellent and very interesting move. Not that I think that Pep is on the line to become the next manager. But it's an interesting sign of how Klopp proceeds: he hands out responsibility to people he works with, because he trusts them. That in return relieves a bit of the pressure he carries as the man in charge. Win-win.
Previous league cup 25.09.19 / Press conference 24.09.19
FIFA Coach of the year award 23.09.19

I guess, Klopp wasn't back in time to do the press, so Pep stepped in last month. That's what I meant.
And it could well be that Klopp had something else to do yesterday as well. This "Pep is doing the cups" is probably a bit too exaggerated imo.
(but Pep did really well, so maybe it will be a "thing" from now on ;))

Last edited:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
To be honest Klopp isn't sat in the stands watching the league cup games, his desire for this is less than other cups but he is still fully driven for us to win the game.

I'm sure that fat mate of Brendan used to do them..... I have seriously forgotten his name.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
"I enjoyed pretty much each second of the game," said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

"I was so happy for the kids that they will remember their first night at Anfield for the rest of their life. In the end they made it a proper special football night. Everybody who came tonight saw 19 goals, including the shootout, that's pretty special.

"Really perfect, absolutely perfect. Maybe as a manager I should think more about or worry about the goals that we conceded but I couldn't care less to be honest. I couldn't care less tonight.

"I don't know when I last had so much fun in a football game."

---

How can you not love this man?

Limiescouse

I think you can read too much into this stuff, but I thought it was really interesting that Jones was allowed to take the last kick.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
I think you can read too much into this stuff, but I thought it was really interesting that Jones was allowed to take the last kick.
Klopp didn't know, apparently. When he saw the list it was Jones 4 and Origi 5. Maybe the players decided between themselves. Anyway, whether it was a player decision or a coaching decision your point still stands. Says something about the culture at the club when they allow a kid to take the last penalty, and he wants the responsibility.

Limiescouse

A part of me wonders whether Klopp was prepared to go out tonight, especially given his comments about the next round. The likes of the keeper, the young Dutch CB and Williams are way further away from real first team football than we would normally play in a game like this. So it seemed almost like just an exercise in getting some kids experience and not worry about the outcome. Perversely, I wonder if that in turn didnt help the side come back the way it did.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Klopp didn't know, apparently. When he saw the list it was Jones 4 and Origi 5. Maybe the players decided between themselves. Anyway, whether it was a player decision or a coaching decision your point still stands. Says something about the culture at the club when they allow a kid to take the last penalty, and he wants the responsibility.
Was wise to heavy load our older heads first in my view get an advantage if any, in fact the last kick was the closest to being saved the other 5 were brilliant. I wonder if it swapped because they knew Arsenal had missed.

Anyhow you know Klopp was enjoying the insanity of the game as you saw his reaction on the 4th goal going in, a massive beaming almost laughing smile.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
A part of me wonders whether Klopp was prepared to go out tonight, especially given his comments about the next round. The likes of the keeper, the young Dutch CB and Williams are way further away from real first team football than we would normally play in a game like this. So it seemed almost like just an exercise in getting some kids experience and not worry about the outcome. Perversely, I wonder if that in turn didnt help the side come back the way it did.
I certainly feel that was the case with Kellher and not Adrian, if Allison hadn't been injured it would have been Adrian's place to play. Williams is probably due simply to the lack of options but he deserved his place. Again SVB had to play, he wasn't going risk Lovern who has become number 3 CB again, he needs him.

Magnus

I don't know. I just think Klopp is as perfect as one could ever hope for in a coach and manager. I don't know anyone in Norway, whatever team they like, who is not mightily impressed with Klopp. Because he is obviously not just a good coach, but a very fine human being (he appears to be very kind, which is the one trait I put higher, far higher, than intelligence), and we as fans get so much for "free" because of his, one could only call it ultra rare, charisma. His friendliness combined with his far higher than average intelligence, mixed with this Hellenic demigod amount charisma, means that he commands respect, whether you like Liverpool or not.
I am of the opinion that almost every single fan in England, perhaps apart from some of those special retards that write comments in the Daily Mail, is green with envy. Everyone I have talked to is. Klopp has a magnetism that draws people to him and I am fully convinced that this makes our squad push themselves harder and that the recent "Never Give Up" attitude is a reflection of Klopp's charismatic leadership.
I hope Liverpool fans will go a bit easy on the manager after Klopp, because he is bound to be incomparable in terms of being charismatic, and fans are going to be bound to miss Klopp. Charismatic beings such as Klopp are very rare in the world, less than 1 percent of the population of a country. Usually, this is the domain of cult leaders, rock stars, dictators, and the odd man in the crowd, like Klopp. But they are rare. Very rare. I honestly think his charisma is 50% of the reason for the feel good buzz around Liverpool.

I realise this post might be regarded as very over the top, but it is my honest opinion and I stand by it.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
With the charisma thing, we’re sometimes guilty of looking at his personality and disregarding his footballing knowledge.

If all there was to the football lark was hugging people and saying ‘boom’ in interviews, everyone would be doing it. As well as being charismatic, Klopp also has a generational football brain. He is very good at his job.

Magnus

With the charisma thing, we’re sometimes guilty of looking at his personality and disregarding his footballing knowledge.

If all there was to the football lark was hugging people and saying ‘boom’ in interviews, everyone would be doing it. As well as being charismatic, Klopp also has a generational football brain. He is very good at his job.
Indeed, though I hope you noted that I talked about his unique combination of intelligence and charisma (by that, I also included footballing intelligence). But there can be no doubt as to how charismatic he is, because it is very rare.