• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jürgen Klopp: 2018 - 2019

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Tbf I think Klopps response to Peps slur on our ‘divers’ is a bit lame.
Pep has basically got referees thinking now every time Mane goes down. Klopp should have highlighted Fernandinho constant fouling without getting a booking. Or the amount of tactical fouls they commit. Or even highlighted some moments when sterling or Aguero have gone down easily.
I think pep did what he wanted to do and got the desired reaction. Klopp should have done a klopp version of Rafas rant, with big cheesy grin included.

StevieG08

Pep has basically got referees thinking now every time Mane goes down. Klopp should have highlighted Fernandinho constant fouling without getting a booking. Or the amount of tactical fouls they commit. Or even highlighted some moments when sterling or Aguero have gone down easily.
I think pep did what he wanted to do and got the desired reaction. Klopp should have done a klopp version of Rafas rant, with big cheesy grin included.
Klopp doesn’t need to play Pep’s game. He should have the team concentrate on winning, one game at a time. Just win baby!!!!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/fabio-capello-outlines-unique-difference-between-jurgen-klopps-liverpool-and-pep-guardiolas-man-city/ar-BBWpww4

‘Klopp he made something magic for me,’ Capello told Sky Sports. ‘The atmosphere of Anfield is fantastic, the team is like the fans.

‘The connection is fantastic between the team, Klopp and fans, it’s a unique thing.

The Italian continued: "Guardiola is different. I think he plays the team like a theatre. The fans a theatre. The show is really good but it's a theatre."

Limiescouse

It leaves a mark. Even though it wasnt Jurgen's team then, Capello has been on the wrong end of a famous Anfield European night when his much fancied Juve team went home beaten in 2004-05. What I like about that comment is that he is not just saying Jurgen has produced something good, but that he has produced the team that the Anfield crowd deserves, and together it is symbiotic.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member

mattyhurst

TIA Regular

Pep and Jurgen meet again today at the Elite coaches UEFA conference.

Pep looks happy there.
Is that effectively like turning up to school the day after a local derby knowing your side has lost or won.

Nur der BvB09

Magnus

There are a lot of bad sweaters in those pics.
I hope you are not referring to Erik Ten Haag, because that one looks incredibly stylish and practical and a good wear indeed. To be honest, I thought none of them looked bad, but maybe I am just more used to seeing sweaters, given that I am from a much colder country than you.

Notasuperfan

I know this is from the Mirror but there was an article yesterday about how Klopp's wife played a major part in turning him away from Old Toilet and coming to Anfield.

As quoted from the mirror:

Jurgen Klopp is finally delivering success for Liverpool - but it could have been a different story if fierce rivals Manchester United had their way.

The German boss guided the Reds to an incredible Champions League triumph last season and has them on track for a Premier League title triumph this term.

Indeed, Klopp, 52, has turned things around remarkably since taking charge of the Anfield giants in 2015.

But former Reds defender Phil Thompson has revealed that United had previously attempted to bring him to the Premier League - only for the boss' wife Ulla to intervene and stop him making the switch.

Speaking to TV2 in Norway, Thompson said: "I interviewed Klopp for Sky, and I asked if he and Liverpool were created for each other. He looked at me and asked 'Why?'.

"Then Klopp told me he could have taken over Manchester United, but his wife said it wasn't right.

"When Liverpool arrived, his wife said it was right. There is something strange there. It is as if he's created for Liverpool."

At the time, believed to be 2013, Klopp was in charge of a Borussia Dortmund side who he guided to stunning back-to-back Bundesliga titles in 2010-11 and 11-12.

The German was being tipped as one of the finest managers of his generation while David Moyes was struggling in his first and only season in charge of the Red Devils.

Klopp's wife, a social worker and children's writer, predicted United's current struggles - and Thompson is delighted that Liverpool are now benefiting from his decision to hold firm.

"In my time we always lost three to four games [at this stage of the season], but this team leads by nine points and lost only one game last season," Thompson added.

"This season they have beaten everyone, except for a draw at Old Trafford. They are doing something great."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopps-wife-prevented-liverpool-20864763?fbclid=IwAR3JJt2RskGJYi9eRTixBPAgP8b3staEAgCI80OLgR5YoTgzBoGoe5x4G2E

Nur der BvB09

It's fucking disgusting to even think of Klopp at utd,horrible,fuck off,get out of my head.
First and foremost Klopp never ever wanted to take over at United and it was his decision to do so. And yes i remember that Interview where the moderator falls to his knees and beg Klopp to come to Liverpool!!!
Ursula Klopp have for shure enough influence in Klopp s life, but to suggest that Klopp was willing to take over if not for Ursula is a FUCKING shitstory! I remember Media in Germany saying in Klopp s coaching time at Dortmund that he was supposed to have agreed a deal with Ulli Höenes the person he hate the most! People to get attraction do create more than Facts allow and the common sense do. @Scott Jones don‘t bother yourself mate with shitstories is all I can say to the article written above your post. Cheers