Jürgen Klopp: The Bossest of Bosses

iftikhar

Not really the perfect thread, but here goes.

Last four games and three defeats and a scrappy win. Eight conceded and just two scored. While these haven't exactly derailed our season, should cause some concerns. We can still make it to the CL QF, the FA Cup wasn't a priority and there's the 19 points lead in the league.

But the performances were far from reassuring. We were nowhere near the Mentality Monsters, lacking hunger and drive.

So how do we recover? The regular players are lacking and so were the bench who were suppose to step in if the regulars faltered.

Like I said, it's far from a crisis. But we need to give a response not only against Bournemouth but form then on.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Look at the head on that pint (3/4 pint). Reminds me of my first time in Germany. I asked for a lager and the barmaid put a pint glass with a large head on it (similar to the one Jürgen is holding) down in front of me. I was about to ask her to top it up and the lad next to me told me not to and to take a sip. I could tell by the taste just how strong it was.
Travelling around Germany, there were so many local braüs. All delicious and all very strong.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member

mattyhurst

TIA Regular

Notasuperfan

I think after the last day of the PL season, Klopp will finally be able to send all his players on an actual well-deserved holiday when most major sporting events are in danger of being postponed or cancelled entirely due to the severity of the Coronavirus outbreak in Europe. Of course, our medical department will also hammer home the point of observing good personal hygiene when they go back home with their families or go on a long holiday.

It seems that Klopp will recall all of our playing staff including the new faces and all the coaches back in late June or early July to go through the season-defining losses in this season and how we should avoid it in terms of mentality, physical ability and tactical awareness.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Jürgen Klopp has today issued the following message to supporters following the Premier League's decision to postpone all football activity until April 3 at the earliest.

Liverpool Football Club statement

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Alright Now

Jürgen Klopp has today issued the following message to supporters following the Premier League's decision to postpone all football activity until April 3 at the earliest.

Liverpool Football Club statement

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen
He’s absolutely class. Amazing perspective and humanity. We’re lucky to have him.

Wish you and your families good health.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Best manager in the world. Not afraid to buy top quality but also willing to trust his recruitment team when they say someone is undervalued and his academy staff when they say someone is ready! Spent a fraction of what most of our rivals have and yet gathered together the best squad on the planet;

Noo Noo

Best manager in the world. Not afraid to buy top quality but also willing to trust his recruitment team when they say someone is undervalued and his academy staff when they say someone is ready! Spent a fraction of what most of our rivals have and yet gathered together the best squad on the planet;

beat me to it, probably while I was thinking what thread to put it in!! (y)

This is just a fantastic endorsement of the work Klopp / Edwards , all the staff are doing right now.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
beat me to it, probably while I was thinking what thread to put it in!! (y)

This is just a fantastic endorsement of the work Klopp / Edwards , all the staff are doing right now.
Yeah was tempting to put in "who would you buy" with a suggestion we should probably close the thread but when I'm bored that's still a guilty pleasure.