Jürgen Klopp: The Bossest of Bosses

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
So happy that that Jurgen received the best manager Award, it was well deserved. Also, he is a brave man calling the cantankerous Fergie at 3:30 am. :LOL: It has come full circle. The man who said that he wanted to knock LFC off their perch is now congratulating the manager who has put LFC back on its perch. What a fairytale story.

Last edited:

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Jürgen Klopp: Germany’s Greatest Export is on Channel 4, Monday, 3rd August at 10pm.

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Lonergan was left shocked on the historic night they lifted the trophy as the German personally handed Lonergan his own piece of silverware (PL Champions medal) in the dressing room.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Greatest Managers to lead the club.
Bill Shankly, Bob Paisly, Joe Fagan, The King, Rafa. And now Klopp belongs in that League too.
As much as i love some of the others there are two that are currently well out in front. Shankly built the club as it is, real phoenix from the ashes style. Paisley was then, in my eyes taking into account the job at hand, the most successful manager of all time.

Fagan didn't stay in charge long enough but obviously had a ridiculous level of success. Kenny came close as a manager to matching his unbelievable level as a player but can't say he matched Bob and Bill. Rafa was a rare ray of light in a very dark time but at that point we needed another Shankly style impact.

That is what Klopp has brought, even if this was it for him I'd say he has at least matched or surpassed Kenny, Fagan and Rafa. He adds some more titles over next few years he'll be on level footing with Bob and Bill.

What a time to be a fan.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
It really is a hard one, Shanks and Paisley sit out in front for me, Kenny is a legend for a lot of reasons and some are not pitch related. Klopp for me joins them 3 in my view.
Yeah Kenny is special as a player, as a manager and as a man. Think if you have to pick any one man to represent this club he has become our heart. A living embodiment of our club. But purely as a manager on his record I think his achievements fall a little short of Bob and Bill, the resurrection of our club under Klopp, as it stands, is probably on a par with Kenny as it is but if Klopp adds more major honours over next few seasons I think his achievements will have put him further than Kenny (again purely on the manager side of things). Kenny will still be special even if he isn't our top manager, as a person, manager and player he'll always have a unique and strong emotional place with us.

macca1970

Kenny came close as a manager to matching his unbelievable level as a player but can't say he matched Bob and Bill.
Context matters though.

Kenny's reign began as player manager aged 34 straight after the Heysel disaster, which resulted in european ban for English clubs (five years, and six for us). Kenny won the double in his first season, then created one of our best teams in the late 80s. Then the HIllsborough disaster, and Kenny's unrelenting efforts with the families and charity.

Imagine the 1987-88 vintage playing in the european cup. In those almost six years as manager from 85 to 91, we were banned from european competition. So it's about context as well.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Context matters though.

Kenny's reign began as player manager aged 34 straight after the Heysel disaster, which resulted in european ban for English clubs (five years, and six for us). Kenny won the double in his first season, then created one of our best teams in the late 80s. Then the HIllsborough disaster, and Kenny's unrelenting efforts with the families and charity.

Imagine the 1987-88 vintage playing in the european cup. In those almost six years as manager from 85 to 91, we were banned from european competition. So it's about context as well.
True but even looking domestically I feel Kenny falls short of Bob who won 6 out of 9 leagues along with 3 League Cups. 3 Leagues and 3 FA Cups in 6 years is still fantastic though and makes him one of our best managers. But as I said none of the others can come close as an idol of the club as they never had the playing success for us he did and the non football leadership and support that he gave the people of this club and city when we needed him. Probably our best player, our emotional heart and one of our best managers the others don't come close to him as they were "just" managers. Speaking from pure on pitch success Bob is the best, talking of the context of the difficult jobs they were faced by when taking over Bill rebuilt the club for success and Klopp is in the process of rebuilding it for modern success. Klopp hasn't quite got to the level of Bill yet but could do. I'd say he may be round and about the level of Kenny (purely talking as a manager)! Hoping to god nobody ever is faced with the kind of traumatic events that would require they match up to what Kenny means for us off the pitch.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
This coming Monday night at 10 PM. A Channel 4 documentary on our manager. I think Guardiola's in it as well. Something to look out for on Monday night tv.

Really enjoyed it,apparently Buddha is Prince Charles

Last edited:

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
True but even looking domestically I feel Kenny falls short of Bob who won 6 out of 9 leagues along with 3 League Cups. 3 Leagues and 3 FA Cups in 6 years is still fantastic though and makes him one of our best managers. But as I said none of the others can come close as an idol of the club as they never had the playing success for us he did and the non football leadership and support that he gave the people of this club and city when we needed him. Probably our best player, our emotional heart and one of our best managers the others don't come close to him as they were "just" managers. Speaking from pure on pitch success Bob is the best, talking of the context of the difficult jobs they were faced by when taking over Bill rebuilt the club for success and Klopp is in the process of rebuilding it for modern success. Klopp hasn't quite got to the level of Bill yet but could do. I'd say he may be round and about the level of Kenny (purely talking as a manager)! Hoping to god nobody ever is faced with the kind of traumatic events that would require they match up to what Kenny means for us off the pitch.
I'm with macca on this, those 6 years out of Europe coupled with Hillsborough probably denies Dalglish from achieving even more. His approach towards the victims families of Hillsborough and how he led the club along with the trophies he won will always sit him in that top 4 bracket for which in my view Klopp has joined.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I'm with macca on this, those 6 years out of Europe coupled with Hillsborough probably denies Dalglish from achieving even more. His approach towards the victims families of Hillsborough and how he led the club along with the trophies he won will always sit him in that top 4 bracket for which in my view Klopp has joined.
And thats fair enough if you want tk make it a 4. Away from just looking at success as limited to what has been done as a manager Kenny is hands down the best servant this club has had.