• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jürgen Klopp: The Bossest of Bosses

Limiescouse

Saw a piece today with the headline of Lewondowski saying that Klopp has 2 faces. I opened it in a rage, only to see what he actually said is that Klopp is like a manager and a father and so is the best manager he has ever played for.

What a naughty bait and switch.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member

In this article, Jurgen is allowed to wear Adidas and Nike garments and it is extremely rare for managers to do so. The only other manager which has been given special dispensation is Jose Mourinho, Spurs are also sponsored by Nike and he has a personal contract with Adidas as well.

Last edited:

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
This coming Monday night at 10 PM. A Channel 4 documentary on our manager. I think Guardiola's in it as well. Something to look out for on Monday night tv.

Enjoyable documentary, crazy seeing Jurgen on that game show though.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I feel old. We were all young once and a sense of fashion in our youth.

In America, nearly everyone wears a baseball cap, the ones I saw anyway, old, young and middle aged.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Nice little insight from Andy Lonergan. Just another testament to the culture that's been created these last 4-5 years:

I liked this bit:

“One training session which really stood out for me was the day after we had won the league, Chelsea having beaten Manchester City.

“There was a five-a-side game going on and a decision was given which someone wasn’t happy about.

“It led to a lot of shouting – not fisticuffs or anything – because players wanted to win that five-a-side game.

“Forget the fact we had won the title the night before, the intense focus was on this game in training.

“That summed up the attitude about Liverpool, it was full of winners.”

New signings or not, I don't think these guys are going anywhere. (y)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Nice little insight from Andy Lonergan. Just another testament to the culture that's been created these last 4-5 years:

I liked this bit:

“One training session which really stood out for me was the day after we had won the league, Chelsea having beaten Manchester City.

“There was a five-a-side game going on and a decision was given which someone wasn’t happy about.

“It led to a lot of shouting – not fisticuffs or anything – because players wanted to win that five-a-side game.

“Forget the fact we had won the title the night before, the intense focus was on this game in training.

“That summed up the attitude about Liverpool, it was full of winners.”

New signings or not, I don't think these guys are going anywhere. (y)
I absolute love this story. The lads are as hungry as ever! :giggle:

CanuckoLFC

Ghost in the Shell SAC
Jurgen Klopp: the Black Forest boy who brought the glory back to Anfield (podcast)

"Released On: 26 Jun 2020
Available for over a year

As Liverpool end their 30-year wait for the league title, we chart the rise of their remarkable manager Jurgen Klopp. We take you to Klopp's home village of Glatten in the Black Forest and to Mainz where he was a player for a decade, then tasted promotion and relegation as a manager. Then we travel to Dortmund where he won trophies, became a celebrity and had a pop song written in his honour. And finally to Anfield, where he has ended fans' yearning for a 19th league title. We'll speak to school friends, players, executives and fans to learn about how he developed his coaching philosophy, his big personality, his gifts as an orator and the man-management skills that set him apart from many of his peers. This is the comprehensive back-story of one of the most revered coaches of modern times."