• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

STE123

Lurker
Supposedly hes a bit of a blert if whats reported is true i can see Klopp giving him a massive swerve

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Oh dear.
I expect a massive cyber wank fest over this lad, followed by a flurry of posts expressing disappointment at the manager and owners on February 1st when we haven't signed him.

Meanwhile, we'll be 12 points clear in the league, and still in all the cups.

All perspective lost.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
maybe if his name was Jamie Sanch people wouldn't be getting over excited, sometimes we just overate these foreign lads with their exotic sounding names....

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
maybe if his name was Jamie Sanch people wouldn't be getting over excited, sometimes we just overate these foreign lads with their exotic sounding names....
Like that middle eastern boy named Alli?

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I still struggle to believe that we will engage in a bidding war which I think Sancho's availability will trigger. Not that we can't, just that we probably won't. We are willing to pay high prices as we shown before but not in a highest bidder wins situation especially up against reckless spenders like PSG, Real etc.

Unless there is a certain agreement or clause not known to public, i think we will not get him.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
That rumour is almost Mbappe territory... I think I'll treat it with the same level of belief... ;)

So, let's see what this player offers:
  • huge potential admittedly
  • a big name already, as the media love to hype up their English youngsters
  • a monstrous fee needed to get him
  • monstrous wage demands probably
  • a bit of an attitude problem by many accounts
  • he wants to be considered as an undroppable mega-star, notwithstanding his tender age and lack of experience
So, which club would be the most appropriate for him? My take would be the red mancs. They need to piss their money in the wind in January, to appease their fans. He could then tussle it out between Pogba and him for the title of most overrated media darling... :ROFLMAO:

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Put me down as a definitely maybe for this one - definitely a player I'd want us to sign, and maybe we will.

The fee is monstrous but that's the world we live in now. Twice as much as Keita cost us, but I think he'd have more than twice the impact on our team that Naby has sadly had so far. Is that value? Possibly.

Would we pay it? I have my doubts but then we never looked like breaking the world record fees for a goalkeeper or defender either until one day we did. We spent buttons over the summer and if it was with one eye on one of our preferred targets coming suddenly available - and I'd suggest Sancho would be on that list, likely alongside Havertz and Mbappe - then why not, now that player and club seem amenable to a sale?

Craig_Johnston

What if Klopp has decided that Salah can be sold in the summer. Wouldn't it make sense to bring in a replacement now who can be eased into the team in the second half of the season? Just speculation

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
What if Klopp has decided that Salah can be sold in the summer. Wouldn't it make sense to bring in a replacement now who can be eased into the team in the second half of the season? Just speculation
Don't get why anyone thinks a forward coming in means someone is off. We are crying out for an elite level forward to rotate with our front 3 - The drop off is massive to Shaqiri, Origi.. And.. Shudder.. Oxlade/Lallana etc.

Sell Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson and you have his wages paid for and have a player who can slot in anywhere across the front and see zero drop in quality. Exactly what we need now whilst also contingency planning for the future of our front 3 whose avg age is 28.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
RedForever2014??

Hello...hello?

Is this thing on??
I do wonder in the corner of a pub somewhere is a chap nursing a warm half of mild muttering, "bloody FSG". To be cut off sharpish by his much put out long suffering partner.. "we are 11 points clear dear, now do you want peas with your tea or carrots".. Mutters again.. "FSG, always bloody a choice never peas and carrots"..

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Don't get why anyone thinks a forward coming in means someone is off. We are crying out for an elite level forward to rotate with our front 3 - The drop off is massive to Shaqiri, Origi.. And.. Shudder.. Oxlade/Lallana etc.

Sell Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson and you have his wages paid for and have a player who can slot in anywhere across the front and see zero drop in quality. Exactly what we need now whilst also contingency planning for the future of our front 3 whose avg age is 28.
I think that kind of thing is really easy on paper, but not really the kind of thing that plays out in reality. It’s very difficult to accommodate four truly elite players in three positions. They all want to start and they all would expect to be top dog.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I think that kind of thing is really easy on paper, but not really the kind of thing that plays out in reality. It’s very difficult to accommodate four truly elite players in three positions. They all want to start and they all would expect to be top dog.
Don't you trust Klopp could achieve it though?

If you take we have a 55 game season? thats 3 positions and 90mins for per game = 55*3*90mins = 14850 minutes spread over 4 players is still 3712 minutes per player which is slightly lower than Salah/Mane/Firmino all average currently. It's my opinion we are overplaying them, so they need less minutes.

Ok I stopped being lazy - Mane/Salah avg'd 4200 minutes last year, Firmino 3400. So yes its a drop for Mane/Salah but I don't think its at a level they'd get unhappy. We could also play all 4 if we needed to with Bobby dropping deeper as a no.10 and Salah being the no.9 etc.

Maybe my maths is off so sorry if it is, I just think its possible and the next step for us. Seeing us need to play Oxlade out wide just smacks of a team without sufficient depth of the quality needed.

Last edited:

Sweeting

Oh dear.
I expect a massive cyber wank fest over this lad, followed by a flurry of posts expressing disappointment at the manager and owners on February 1st when we haven't signed him.

All perspective lost.
You are old school. Football isn't about winning trophies or having a good team, it is about having massive instagram numbers and pleasing the Bangladeshi pre-teens who comment on every single twitter post the club makes.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Don't you trust Klopp could achieve it though?

If you take we have a 55 game season? thats 3 positions and 90mins for per game = 55*3*90mins = 14850 minutes spread over 4 players is still 3712 minutes per player which is slightly lower than Salah/Mane/Firmino all average currently. It's my opinion we are overplaying them, so they need less minutes.

Ok I stopped being lazy - Mane/Salah avg'd 4200 minutes last year, Firmino 3400. So yes its a drop for Mane/Salah but I don't think its at a level they'd get unhappy. We could also play all 4 if we needed to with Bobby dropping deeper as a no.10 and Salah being the no.9 etc.

Maybe my maths is off so sorry if it is, I just think its possible and the next step for us. Seeing us need to play Oxlade out wide just smacks of a team without sufficient depth of the quality needed.
I think if anyone could make it work, it would be Klopp.

But it doesn’t seem in character for him to make a move that would potentially upset the harmony between the best front three in world football.

Red over the water

Oh dear.

All perspective lost.
If our kids beat Villa in the League Cup while the senior team goes off to the Club World Cup, Ill be least rly surprised. You never say never, but I would imagine Villa will see an opportunity to advance and will put out a strong side to do it.

In the FA Cup it will be interesting to see what sort of team we play against Everton, who might have a new manager by then and will be anxious to try to salvage something for their season.

Mind you, I’ll be Very happy to advance in both cups and build a 12 point lead in the League!

Red over the water

I’m on board with the 4 players for three positions thing, with plenty of minutes to go around for everyone. The risk on the one hand is harmony. The risk on the other is injury/overplaying/form dropping with only three.

Whisper it quietly, but I would imagine Mo’s current level might go up a notch if we had Sancho on the bench raring to get in.

We have a manager players want to run through brick walls for, so if anyone can sort out a 4>3 conundrum, and keep morale high, it is Jurgen.

The other aspect to a possible Sancho signing is what we don’t know about the current front three. For example, suppose Mo has told Klopp that while he is happy, at some point he’d like to try his hand in Spain? Or maybe PSG are selling Mbappe to Real Madrid, and Mo has been sounded out to be his replacement, and they are offering him a king’s ransom, and he is thinking he will score a lot of goals in France and make a lot of money, which he can use to help his people.

All speculation on my part, but the point is, we don’t know the plans of the current front three, and even if there are no plans, it makes sense to give them legitimate competition, as time waits for no man.

LFCFFC

Would be very happy for another quality option as rotation across the front 3.

Not for £130m pounds though.

Craig_Johnston

For financial reasons. If he is going to cost 130 million, we might need to sell Mo. I agree that in football terms 4 players for 3 positions is a good idea and that Origi is significantly lower standard than the first choice front three.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
For financial reasons. If he is going to cost 130 million, we might need to sell Mo. I agree that in football terms 4 players for 3 positions is a good idea and that Origi is significantly lower standard than the first choice front three.
Can I ask what the financial reasons are?

One thing is for sure, Klopp doesn't do things by half, he and Edwards would have been planning any moves probably 2 years ago.. If we do go for Sancho you can bet it will work out as thats the guys we have at our helm (thank fowler!)

Klopp has said today if the right player is available in Jan then money isn't a problem..

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Put me down as a definitely maybe for this one - definitely a player I'd want us to sign, and maybe we will.

The fee is monstrous but that's the world we live in now. Twice as much as Keita cost us, but I think he'd have more than twice the impact on our team that Naby has sadly had so far. Is that value? Possibly.

Would we pay it? I have my doubts but then we never looked like breaking the world record fees for a goalkeeper or defender either until one day we did. We spent buttons over the summer and if it was with one eye on one of our preferred targets coming suddenly available - and I'd suggest Sancho would be on that list, likely alongside Havertz and Mbappe - then why not, now that player and club seem amenable to a sale?
No offence. But even I will have more impact than Keita. Does that mean I am worth 130m. I don't think your argument in this angle is valid mate.