• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I'm sure a club would do something that in depth or more but for casual fans, even hard core fans, that takes it far past the "stat vomit" you described the fluff piece as. Maybe you are just too demanding? If even half what you've listed was included it probably wouldn't get enough of an audience for it to get a platform. As a writer you have to cater to your audience!
I think @ILLOK is correct here.

In my opinion this isnt even up to the standards Sam was setting himself a year or so ago. Back then he would frequently include pictures to display his movement and that of his team mates. There was much more discussion or explanation of the stats and stylistics of the player and why or he would or would not be a good fit. The idea that this sort of writing couldnt get a platform or an audience is flawed because it is exactly the sort of writing he did to get one.

My one take away from this article (I admit i didnt read it in depth just a cursory glance) was the comparison with Salah. I dont recall any discussion around their circumstances at Roma/Dortmund and how they may influence the bare numbers. Unless the league in Italy (or Germany) has changed significantly, i believe the former is still more defensive than the latter. Thats even before you consider the strengths of the both teams and their setups impact on either player.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think @ILLOK is correct here.

In my opinion this isnt even up to the standards Sam was setting himself a year or so ago. Back then he would frequently include pictures to display his movement and that of his team mates. There was much more discussion or explanation of the stats and stylistics of the player and why or he would or would not be a good fit. The idea that this sort of writing couldnt get a platform or an audience is flawed because it is exactly the sort of writing he did to get one.

My one take away from this article (I admit i didnt read it in depth just a cursory glance) was the comparison with Salah. I dont recall any discussion around their circumstances at Roma/Dortmund and how they may influence the bare numbers. Unless the league in Italy (or Germany) has changed significantly, i believe the former is still more defensive than the latter. Thats even before you consider the strengths of the both teams and their setups impact on either player.
It's about platform. The articles you refer to are hosted by a different platform than this one. The fact the writer CAN provide better doesn't mean the platform he is currently writing for want that. It's a fluff piece not an in depth statistical analysis. I only ever said it was interesting to me (and that was because of the review of Sanchos season not the stats used). I dont get the problem? I didn't write it. Maybe if one of you go to Sam and ask for a more in depth, statistical analysis? Or actually more appropriately get one of the platforms he writes for to pay him to write one? Damn some people are hard work, I don't see every article on shared on this site get this treatment.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Interesting, really? It's half wankfest-half stat vomit.
And other people felt otherwise. What's the problem?
Actually they were technically questioning whether I actually found it interesting and challenging me on it. That's what started the discussion over the article. I simply posted an article and stated I found it interesting. Me. Stupid me for sharing.

Red over the water

Trent explains how it will all work...
“So I’m the thumb, supplying the crosses.”
“This finger is you, that finger is Mbappe. The hidden fingers are Bobby, pulling the strings from deep...”

Sancho,
“So what about Mo and Mane?”

Trent,
“Wait until you see the lineup the manager has planned for when they get back from AFCON!”

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Why does everyone have this need for footballers to all look like boring production line clones? I love diversity in looks and styles. I'm actually devastated Wijnaldum has never grown his awesome hair back.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Why does everyone have this need for footballers to all look like boring production line clones? I love diversity in looks and styles. I'm actually devastated Wijnaldum has never grown his awesome hair back.
I agree with the Anfield Wrap on this. A bunch of 30 and 40 something men have no right to tell a 17 year old lad with the world at his feet how to wear his hair.

Red over the water

I agree with the Anfield Wrap on this. A bunch of 30 and 40 something men have no right to tell a 17 year old lad with the world at his feet how to wear his hair.
You are 100% correct of course, but I fear it’s all we’ve got left! We even try to talk about their footballing attributes, when surely the best of us, on the best footballing day of our youth, were rubbish by comparison. So we might fall back to an unkind word here and there, about expensive wellies and top-knots and whatnot.

We’re just jealous really!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
You are 100% correct of course, but I fear it’s all we’ve got left! We even try to talk about their footballing attributes, when surely the best of us, on the best footballing day of our youth, were rubbish by comparison. So we might fall back to an unkind word here and there, about expensive wellies and top-knots and whatnot.

We’re just jealous really!
Oh no the expensive wellies are fair game! What are those??? As the kids say!

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Jadon. Trent looks fine. I have had many a shit haircut so I won't tell anyone how to wear their hair. Facial hair is a different matter altogether though :)
I too have had many a shit haircut, and also many a shit beard/tasche/goatie so can talk from plenty of experience for both :LOL:

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin

If he's prepared to join them when they are in this state, he probably has a good reason. Either that pay check is too big to turn down or he knows they're getting a proper manager, i.e. Pochettino. Or John Cross is simply being himself and throwing things in hope something sticks.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member

If he's prepared to join them when they are in this state, he probably has a good reason. Either that pay check is too big to turn down or he knows they're getting a proper manager, i.e. Pochettino. Or John Cross is simply being himself and throwing things in hope something sticks.
If we and city aren't on for him his choice is limited isn't It?

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
If we and city aren't on for him his choice is limited isn't It?
Well, Barcelona need a new, shiny toy in the shape of an expensive young winger, so... But yeah, in PL, the choice is slim if the top aren't in for him. With Sane going, though, a space might open up for him, even if it would make City look silly - but it didn't stop Man United from re-signing Pogba.