Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers

Best thing for us to happen would be a scenario where we could chose between Mbappe and Sancho.

Can see Sancho extend his contract with a 2021 release clause of today’s (pre Corona) asking price. Same happened with Timo Werner last summer.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I don´t particularly want Sancho or Mbappe and I doubt if we have been seriously interested in either. Obviously good players but so are Sadio and Mo.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
From today’s BBC gossip column:

Real Madrid and Barcelona have joined the race to sign Borussia Dortmund and England winger Jadon Sancho. Manchester United are also keen on the 20-year-old.

He’s so obviously joining United. For the money chance to win major trophies, like.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
RM en that other Spanish team go after every player who can walk in a strait line according to the media

GermanRed

Pre Corona Dortmund were expecting something around €130m for him this summer - fully deserved imo.

Thanks to Corona there won’t be any €100m deals this year - does anyone disagree?

Means Sancho will stay for another year.

Sancho will have one more year left on his contract next summer. How much could Dortmund expect for him then? Maximum €85m? Maybe a bit more but definitely not €100m

There is also the risk that the player decides to see out his contract or has a bad season or get injured.

So Dortmund are desperate now to get the player to sign a new contract. Not to make him stay for many more years but to make sure the fee they get will be as close to what they were expecting pre Corona as possible.

Sancho was expecting to come back to England and earn big salary already for next season so Dortmund will have to make him one of their big earners.

Second thing that’s needs to happen for the player to sign a new contract is that Dortmund will include a release clause for next summer in his contract. Probably something around €110m.

This is a situation very similar to what happened with Timo Werner last year.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Pre Corona Dortmund were expecting something around €130m for him this summer - fully deserved imo.

Thanks to Corona there won’t be any €100m deals this year - does anyone disagree?

Means Sancho will stay for another year.

Sancho will have one more year left on his contract next summer. How much could Dortmund expect for him then? Maximum €85m? Maybe a bit more but definitely not €100m

There is also the risk that the player decides to see out his contract or has a bad season or get injured.

So Dortmund are desperate now to get the player to sign a new contract. Not to make him stay for many more years but to make sure the fee they get will be as close to what they were expecting pre Corona as possible.

Sancho was expecting to come back to England and earn big salary already for next season so Dortmund will have to make him one of their big earners.

Second thing that’s needs to happen for the player to sign a new contract is that Dortmund will include a release clause for next summer in his contract. Probably something around €110m.

This is a situation very similar to what happened with Timo Werner last year.
It does make sense to stay put a year, he is young enough that it will have no impact on his career.

GermanRed

Wants out this summer and refusing to sign a new contract according to news in Germany.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Wants out this summer and refusing to sign a new contract according to news in Germany.
His talent is undeniable but he has that image and demeanour of a player who isn't happy to be where he is. I think Man United will go in for him, with or without selling Pogba first. If I'm not mistaken, Dortmund don't have a lot of manoeuvring space because his contract is up next year?

Limiescouse

His talent is undeniable but he has that image and demeanour of a player who isn't happy to be where he is. I think Man United will go in for him, with or without selling Pogba first. If I'm not mistaken, Dortmund don't have a lot of manoeuvring space because his contract is up next year?
To be fair, he was a player at Manchester City and wanted at Liverpool and United. Dortmund was only ever a transitional move, and one that he has undeniably done what he went there to do. 3 full seasons, the second firmly established him as a star, and he made the even harder step in the third season where he avoided the fall off that a lot of flash in the pan kids experience. I dont know it can be reasonably be held against him for making noises at this point of wanting to move on to the next step in his career.

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
To be fair, he was a player at Manchester City and wanted at Liverpool and United. Dortmund was only ever a transitional move, and one that he has undeniably done what he went there to do. 3 full seasons, the second firmly established him as a star, and he made the even harder step in the third season where he avoided the fall off that a lot of flash in the pan kids experience. I dont know it can be reasonably be held against him for making noises at this point of wanting to move on to the next step in his career.
These arent noises he has only recently started making, its been going since last summer hasnt it?

Red over the water

I think it’s some sort of assault on Mo quip, spear/stab, whatever... stick him through the middle.

Rather than the actual position he plays on the pitch.... (though obviously Mo can play centrally with aplomb).

Red over the water

Anyhow, the dallying over Werner, while definitely being influenced by the new virus affected market, may also be because we are waiting to see on one or two others, like Sancho.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Yeah, I don't think either Dortmund or him thought this was more than a marriage of convenience, though I did think he'd stick around for a while longer. He's still a kid, after all, albeit a mightily talented one. Dortmund take good care of their players, especially when they pay some of that respect back. I'm not sure if he's desperate to go back to Manchester or he's frustrated with club's inability to lay a glove on Bayern, though, but I can't blame him if that's what's going through his head. That and the promise of donning the no. 7 shirt at Man United, being a nailed-on starter and earning six-figure sums every week.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Another player "Klopp has spoken too"! Not sure i believe all these stories about Klopp talking to all these players, seems like a tactic of agents.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Another player "Klopp has spoken too"! Not sure i believe all these stories about Klopp talking to all these players, seems like a tactic of agents.
Well now he can't take them out to Blackpool what else can he do? Hey Sancho I just ditched Werner, it's Kloppy baby, we want to sign you, here's my number, so call me maybe..

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Well now he can't take them out to Blackpool what else can he do? Hey Sancho I just ditched Werner, it's Kloppy baby, we want to sign you, here's my number, so call me maybe..
Funnily enough I've seen her doing that song live in Santa Monica, she was "busking" as part of some entertainment show. Was quite random.