Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Sancho has been rated the third most valuable player in the world by some panel:

It’s good to see that Liverpool has four players in the top eleven; add Mbappé and Sancho and we’d be well on our way to world domination.*

* tenting of fingers and maniacal cackle optional.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Sancho has been rated the third most valuable player in the world by some panel:

It’s good to see that Liverpool has four players in the top eleven; add Mbappé and Sancho and we’d be well on our way to world domination.*

* tenting of fingers and maniacal cackle optional.
Crazy Van Dijk is where he is, the best defender in the world. De Ligt ahead of him? Fuck me thats woefully inaccurate.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yeah but defenders mature etc. etc. Attacking players get all the plaudits!
But if you own a younger player over an older player you can have them for more years/sell for more at a later stage. That's why they show as more valuable.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
But if you own a younger player over an older player you can have them for more years/sell for more at a later stage. That's why they show as more valuable.
If we said to Real or PSG Van Dijk will move, what do you think they pay for him? I'd say he's got 3-4 years left at prime. easily over £88mil (ok ignore COV19 prices as the article does).

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
If we said to Real or PSG Van Dijk will move, what do you think they pay for him? I'd say he's got 3-4 years left at prime. easily over £88mil (ok ignore COV19 prices as the article does).
Well you could say the same about De Ligt but that ignores that value and what someone will pay for something are different things. Would you pay the same money for a 29 year old VvD as a 24 year old VvD? The younger one is obviously more valuable as he'd have an extra 5 years with you or be with you for the same time but still be worth a fortune sold when the other one is retiring. Younger is always more valuable than older thats why Mbappe is so high and Messi so low even though Messi is currently still the best.

Red over the water

Those lists are a bit of a stab in the dark... reasonable enough, but some anomalies. When I read it earlier Van Dijk immediately looked out of place and too low. The transformation he has brought to the side is massive, and as a defender he still has years on the clock.

Be that as it may, the encouraging news is that we have a great squad, assessed to be the most valuable in the world... and as It happens they can play football rather well too. Onwards and upwards.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member

Any takers?

Personally, I’d say that Dortmund aren’t going to be knocked over in the rush at that price in this uncertain economic climate. But they probably already know that.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Sebastian Kehl, Dortmund’s former captain now working as the head of their player licensing department, believes Liverpool are not interested in Jadon Sancho.

Richard88

In some ways a big transfer for Sancho is more likely than a move for Werner, given that the transfer fee for Sancho could be paid in instalments, compared to the immediate lump sum that would be required if triggering Werner's buyout clause.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Sebastian Kehl, Dortmund’s former captain now working as the head of their player licensing department, believes Liverpool are not interested in Jadon Sancho.
The Mirror has that. Perhaps 'not interested at that price' would be truer.

Borussia Dortmund squad manager Sebastian Kehl has dismissed speculation linking Jadon Sancho with a move to Liverpool this summer. Manchester United are also interested in the 20-year-old England forward. (Mirror)

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Isn't De Ligt a bit shite?
he made a massive mistake joining Juve. His agent (think it’s Pogba one) whored him round all of Europe. They wanted Barca but Barca didn’t want to pay someone so young €180k a week. Juve did and found out he’s not quite ready yet.
He’s another player who has too much too young. From earning €5k a week at Ajax to serious money has affected him as it would anyone. There’s a player in there but he needs to focus again on his football not bank account.

but back to Sancho to Lfc it’s not happening.
Chelsea don’t need him so it’s only united who can afford him as he won’t go back to city.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I think the only way we get him him is next summer if mo moves on
Quite likely. But it could feasibly happen if none of our back up options are working out and AFCON is back on for mid season.

There is probably a more justifiable argument for preparing for replacing an ageing strike with an expensive signing in a year or two than there is now.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I think the only way we get him him is next summer if mo moves on
I think that Klopp has a great subversive streak. When you pay enough attention to his words, you can find some clues towards match selection of certain players, their fitness status, as well as thinly veiled barbs towards certain opponents. He never says anything without a reason, I'm sure of that, so I found those Sancho quotes surprising. In a way, he says the truth - Liverpool won't be getting a player this expensive this summer but what about the next summer? "Stay put, boy, and you'll get to play for six times champions of Europe." Unless Liverpool win no. 7 the next season, that is. Look at me, all optimistic until Liverpool drop more points against WBA next season...

Dave-D

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member

Ed trying to back Dortmund into a corner :ROFLMAO:

No way they let him go for 50 million,but if the price does come down from the 100 million plus I wonder if Liverpool will get involved
The thing is if you add in Klopps comment "If he moved to Liverpool, I would be the most surprised of all." if say Dortmund do start to do business around £50mil then we would be in for him 100%, and Klopp's surprise is Dortmund dropped their price.