Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

Richard88

With no Afcon until 2022 I doubt we're going to sign another attacker this summer.

That said next year I could see us being in the market again as Afcon will again be a factor and the front 3 will be a year older.

As such ideally Sancho and Havertz just stay put for another year, so we can "swoop" for either of them in 2021 when they'll both just have 12 months on their contracts remaining and thus likely considerably cheaper.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
With no Afcon until 2022 I doubt we're going to sign another attacker this summer.

That said next year I could see us being in the market again as Afcon will again be a factor and the front 3 will be a year older.

As such ideally Sancho and Havertz just stay put for another year, so we can "swoop" for either of them in 2021 when they'll both just have 12 months on their contracts remaining and thus likely considerably cheaper.
Quite possible but difficult to say for definite as it probably depends on what players leave this summer, and how they see Minamino/Elliot/Jones settling in. We were looking to bring a forward in last summer for the first team, and we eventually brought in Minamino - it isnt clear whether he was being pencilled in as a replacement for Shaqiri but i would think he was meant to be an additional body. If Origi and Shaqiri both move on, we may see a further dip into the market unless we are 100% happy with Jones, Minamino and Elliot providing that cover.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
The Bosman Hat Trick: Havertz, Sancho and Mbappé. all unveiled at Anfield on 1st July 2022. I’m getting my commemorative t-shirt printed now.

730 days and counting...

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Looking more likely he will stay where he is next season, if Dortmund insist on £100m+ just don't see any club paying it, or being able to pay that right now.
There are clubs that are able to pay it but would he see the sporting merit of going there? Is there any guarantee United would really compete even if he goes there? He has already seen what happens at City first hand and seeing Sane leaving. He has to think Real is a similar hotbed as City if they even go for him over higher profile targets. PSG and Bayern (unlikely to be able to afford him anyway) both dominate their domestic leagues but struggle in Europe so not sure they'd really fully appeal. Juventus could be dark horses but not sure i see them affording that either.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
So;

Doesn't want to go to City
Utd can't afford him
Chelsea signed Werner

O hi Jadon summer 2021.
I think next season will be a massive scramble to buy him and Havertz,both will have a year left on their contracts and clubs will know the lay of the transfer market land,they'll also know by then how much this coronavirus will have hit their bank balances.

I can't see Dortmund getting their pants pulled down by United,just cos they won't buy him for anything over £50mill atm,they'll know there will be more clubs in for him and a better fee next summer.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I will be surprised if Dortmund lets him go for anything less than 80mil pounds even in current conditions.