Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I'm not exactly thrilled by the idea of him going to United, tbh. Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Fernandes in behind is a pretty good long term front 4.

United's defence isn't Chelsea, they're quite a bit better than that.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
I'm not exactly thrilled by the idea of him going to United, tbh. Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho with Fernandes in behind is a pretty good long term front 4.

Allow me to quell your fears, sir.

Rashford is talented, but crocked in my opinion. He still goes missing for long stretches, and his persistent back injuries are only going to get worse.

Greenwood looks quality now, but how many times have we seen this with young players at united? Macheda, Januzaj, etc. There's every chance he could come back down to earth next season.

Fernandes has been an extremely hot commodity since he signed for them in Jan. His inclusion in the lineup brought about a change in their system, and the 3 month break only helped to keep the rest of the league playing catchup. That's not going to be the case next season. Remember Conte's first season with Chelsea where it took almost the whole year for teams to figure out the 3-4-3? Same shit here. Teams are going to adapt, and Fernandes will become just another footnote on the prolonged death-spiral of Manchester United under Ole.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Allow me to quell your fears, sir.

Rashford is talented, but crocked in my opinion. He still goes missing for long stretches, and his persistent back injuries are only going to get worse.

Greenwood looks quality now, but how many times have we seen this with young players at united? Macheda, Januzaj, etc. There's every chance he could come back down to earth next season.

Fernandes has been an extremely hot commodity since he signed for them in Jan. His inclusion in the lineup brought about a change in their system, and the 3 month break only helped to keep the rest of the league playing catchup. That's not going to be the case next season. Remember Conte's first season with Chelsea where it took almost the whole year for teams to figure out the 3-4-3? Same shit here. Teams are going to adapt, and Fernandes will become just another footnote on the prolonged death-spiral of Manchester United under Ole.
I think Greenwood has looked like a genuine talent for a while. He hasnt just come in this season from nowhere. People have spoken about his ability while in the academy. I dont recall Macheda or Januzaj being spoken about in the same way until they actually played in the first team, and only for a short spell.

brush85

Their keepers are on par and De Gea doesn’t look like returning to former glories anytime soon. And I’d rather have Tomori and Rudiger than Maguire the oil tanker and Lindelof who can’t header a ball.
Henderson is an excellent keeper and Uniteds defense hasnt actually been that bad this year. Conceded the 3rd most goals and if Henderson steps in, they will be even better.

At some point, they will need to change for Ole but the talent level of their squad is massively improved from a couple years ago. Especially if they get Sancho

spartacus136

I think United will be some annoying team like Liverpool under benitez. They have good defence, have some really good finisher who can make things happen. But don't think they will challenge the tittle in next few years. Group of good young talents but still need elite player like VVD to make difference.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
I think Greenwood has looked like a genuine talent for a while. He hasnt just come in this season from nowhere. People have spoken about his ability while in the academy. I dont recall Macheda or Januzaj being spoken about in the same way until they actually played in the first team, and only for a short spell.
That's fair, and he does look a talent, I'm just saying we've seen this sort of thing before and the youngster goes on to flop. Jordan Ibe is an example from our recent past. Highly rated out of the academy, broke into the first team and had some good performances, then got found out.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Their keepers are on par and De Gea doesn’t look like returning to former glories anytime soon. And I’d rather have Tomori and Rudiger than Maguire the oil tanker and Lindelof who can’t header a ball.
I wouldn't. Lindelof and Maguire are better than all of Chelsea's centre backs.

There's a reason United conceded 18 fewer goals.

Dave-D

I wouldn't. Lindelof and Maguire are better than all of Chelsea's centre backs.

There's a reason United conceded 18 fewer goals.
They sit back and counter attack the Chelsea defence would be up there if Lampard played the same style at Chelsea but he doesn’t

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Nah, they wouldn't. Their defenders are shite.

Chelsea are the worst team in the league at defending set peices, nothing to do with how they play, just a lack of quality.
United remind me of us in the 90s. They’re a good team - they’ll win more than they lose -but they are not a great one. The could spend the next decade just as we spent the nineties - just that 1 or 2 players away from being a really great side.

Personally I think if they make some brutal decisions around Ole and De Gea, they would be a much bigger concern.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
United remind me of us in the 90s. They’re a good team - they’ll win more than they lose -but they are not a great one. The could spend the next decade just as we spent the nineties - just that 1 or 2 players away from being a really great side.

Personally I think if they make some brutal decisions around Ole and De Gea, they would be a much bigger concern.
Yep, even if you look at Rashford is he a good player? Most definitely, but would he get into ours or Citys front three? No he wouldn't. There is a reason they are 33 points behind.

However Sancho is a clear upgrade on any of their front 3, he just needs a few years to reach the Mane/Salah levels. Greenwood similar, the key is injuries - Salah/Mane/Firmino add in the fact they play pretty much all games and are world class.

I still think Pogba is their main problem he just stinks and yet plays. If they took that money, replaced De Gear with Henderson, and invested in say Neves (Wolves) and Van De Beek (Ajax) they'd be a formidable team.

brush85

Rudiger is their best CB,he's fucking shite.
I think he is good but he needs a better player next to him. Its like what happened to our defenders once they got to play with Virgil...same would happen for Rudiger or Maguire if they suddenly got to play with Koulibably, for example.

Red over the water

Both Chelsea and Man Utd are top four teams with good attacking talent. If they want to trouble Liverpool or Man City and get Into the conversation for next season’s top two, they need their own version of what we did when we signed Alisson and Van Dijk.

Add Oblak and Koulibaly to either Chelsea or Utd, and it’s a three way race for that title, probably. At the moment though, they are both a bit short, but should finish top four.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Even if they did that, the one thing they're both lacking is a world class manager and coaching staff that still gives us and city a huge advantage.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Its a shame we wont be getting werner, sancho or havertz

rab

Since Fernandes arrived and changed their trajectory completely Ole has had the luxury of playing two two month seasons with a three month break in between.

You look at how their performances have nosed dived the last four or five games. He's played pretty much the same team every league game since the break and those players are running on fumes. They've also had a pretty easy run in since that break with just Spurs and Sheff United from the top half I think.

Over the course of a season they'll drop plenty of points still. They only picked up four more than us since the break and we've had nothing to play for for the last 7 games, barely been out of third gear and played 2nd and 3rd place in that time too.

Ole is out of ideas already and has been bailed out by one player and the failure of Leicester.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
DOn't worry about Chelsea spending. They are just like the revenge shoppers being released from their covid-19 lockdown who just go out and buy anything and everything. If Man U goes to spend close to 100m on Sancho, I will be watching with interest at how they will react if he does not get into the groove immediately.

iftikhar

Not that we are going to splash 100 million on a kid, is he ready to play second fiddle to our front three?