Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

Plamen

Not skint, but 100 mil is a lot of money for one man. We have never spent that much as far as I know without selling big under our current, good and responsible owners (no, not sarcastic here, I am very happy with our owners). But without Corona I think we may have indeed done that now. But Corona changes things a bit too. Income is far less than it should have been.

But I may be wrong.
Another thing is that if we pay 100 million for Sancho he has to be part of the main 11.We are not spending that much money on a squad player for sure.I just don't see it happening.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Youve got to wonder why youd go Man U if you had the pick of where you want to go.
If you really want to go to us, Real or Barca then wait a year. He only has 2 years left on deal anyway so stay where you are and have more places to choose from next summer.
£££

Nothing else than that.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Another thing is that if we pay 100 million for Sancho he has to be part of the main 11.We are not spending that much money on a squad player for sure.I just don't see it happening.
I don't think we look at things that way. Once the player arrives he's part of the options at the squad and to get picked he has to work hard in training and perform on the pitch. Players price tags don't determine who gets picked. Otherwise our starting midfield would be Fabinho, Keita and Ox when Wijnaldum and Henderson play more than most of those 3.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Fjørtoft is generally very reliable and doesn't do rumour-monging. He has good sources, particularly in Germany but also in England and he isn't particularly tabloid. Regarding everything he has ever written about Norwegian players for instance, he has always been correct. He is considered a very trustworthy source by football people in Norway.
Yeah to be fair he dont bullshit - he did say last night that United wont pay the asking price and that he was waiting for confirmation of a slight twist in the tale.....obviously Sancho favours us was the twist.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Also worth pointing out that in Henderson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Keita and Ox we've spent around £175m, in attack with Firmino, Mane and Salah we've currently spent about £112m. Its not like we are afraid of having a large outlay spent on talent all clustered into only a few options.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Doesnt that support my point? I'm not going to use Moutinho as a hill to die on. I just used him as on off the top of my head example of a player for whom the window to move to an elite club closed after spending too long at a middling club. That window is real, and while it might be expected to stay open for someone as young as Sancho for several years more, it wont take that bad a year or too many more just ok seasons for it to start to close on him.
I mean, not really. If anything it should serve as a cursory warning to Sancho about moving too soon to join a non-elite club simply for the sake of moving. How is moving to Porto (where he won three titles) any different to Sancho joining United? Given where they are now, isn't it actually worse? United are light years off winning trophies that matter.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Is anyone buying that LFC who have spent £8m in 2 years, won everything in sight and have the biggest kit deal in Prem history are skint?
We really should be in the conversation for this lad.
Maybe Salah staying (he was thought to be off) means we no longer need him?
I think if Mo or Mane was off we'd be all over Sancho.
We aren't skint,we've spent millions on long term contracts to tie our first team players to the club for the next few years.It was potential transfer money spent keeping top players at the club,who we know win titles and should win more,we've consolidated our funds into achieving this over spending massive amounts on players who could disrupt the team,flop or have less of an impact.

As for future spending,like the club and Klopp have stated,we don't know how badly the clubs finances will be effected by coronavirus,we've never been one to go out and blow £50mill-100mill on a single player just for the sake of it,cos it looks like we are keeping up with the Uniteds,Cities and Chelsea's of this league.Just because they are doing it now,doesn't mean they'll win the league either (it'll make them stronger) but it also doesn't make us weaker,when they are all trying to play catch up and close the 18-33 point gap.

EDIT:

Also,we tend to make stars not buy them,with the exception of a VVD or an Alisson when it comes to the cost,thats not saying we won't buy big from time to time,but it has to coincide with our finances and the team we have at that moment in time.Right now with all these top players being bought by our rivals,it isn't a lack of competing or spending on our part,these are players who either don't want to come to us to sit on the bench or want more money.

Since FSG and especially since Klopp/Edwards have come here,we aren't a club who play the transfer market like everyone else or it's been done for the past 20-30 years,buy the bigest and best player,spend the most money = win the title/trophies.Like i've said previously,timing in the market is everything,also with our data and analytical team working behind the scene's, we've turned the usual transfer market window/team building exercise on it's head,so if we don't buy the biggest players for the biggest fee's and look to be competing with our rivals,i'd still back us to get the right players for our team at a fraction of the cost that other teams are paying.

Last edited:

Limiescouse

I mean, not really. If anything it should serve as a cursory warning to Sancho about moving too soon to join a non-elite club simply for the sake of moving. How is moving to Porto (where he won three titles) any different to Sancho joining United? Given where they are now, isn't it actually worse? United are light years off winning trophies that matter.
Ohhh, you bitch :ROFLMAO:

I wasnt thinking about Utd as being his stepping stone, but when you phrase it like that I get your point.

big noyd

as much as i enjoy slating their players, and the false dawn straw-grasping shoe being on their foot, greenwood is a superb talent, rashford is quite good, and martial, who's always been talented, has rounded into good form for them. and even though he's ugly and a whopping 120% of his goals were from the spot, fernandes has made them more dangerous

meanwhile matic turns 32 in a matter of days and pogba, other than playing a long pass once every 150 minutes, doesn't do anything

would still prefer they didn't sign him, but i don't understand why sancho would be their priority

The Hermit

I don’t think he’d be considered a squad player. The versatility of Mane and Salah to play as a central striker means that each of the 4 attacking players will get plenty of time. He is depth, A challenger, a future star, and cover in the event of a long term injury to any of the current front 3. That being said, I don’t see this happening at all until next summer.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Without a doubt - i think the rumours i saw the other day was that the offer would be approximately in the region of £250k - £375k pw which is far beyond what we pay even in second contracts
Let United have him. Let Chelsea have Havertz. Those transfers are destined to fail.

We don’t need them. High wages won’t win them trophies. Ask Sanchez. Ask Pogba.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Mail saying theyll mow accept 60m with add ons taking it up to £100m. Not sure i believe that. That's a lot of add ons.

Red over the water

At 60 million with add ons we'd have to get in that, right?
I think we’d find a way, but the issue might be more about wages than transfer fee. We pay well, and he could expect good money, but we don’t like to give young players too much too soon, and there’s a clear sense that we want them to show us what they can do in a red shirt before we give the bumper contracts out. At that point the hunger of the player might come into the equation.

Limiescouse

I think we’d find a way, but the issue might be more about wages than transfer fee. We pay well, and he could expect good money, but we don’t like to give young players too much too soon, and there’s a clear sense that we want them to show us what they can do in a red shirt before we give the bumper contracts out. At that point the hunger of the player might come into the equation.
It's 7pm on a friday and Im still looking at 3-4 more hours work tonight before starting again early tomorrow morning. The correct response to me under those circumstances is either "Yeah, at that price we'll definitely snag him" or "he's shit. He can go to Utd. We already have Harvey Elliott."

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
At 60 million with add ons we'd have to get in that, right?
I can't see him being sold for £60mill this summer but if that was the price it would be a no brainer,especially if it's a now or never situation or lose him to United.I'd imagine that price won't be far off the fee for him next season in his last year.

I think with player sales (offload Shaqiri £15mill+ and Origi £20-25mill+,thats halfway there),maybe still having some funds left from last season,this seasons transfer pot or even borrowing from future funds (as a last measure but probably not needed),£60mill is well within our means,it's just whether or not Klopp has plans for Brewster and fitting him and Sancho in the squad next season.

In a perfect world though,i think Klopp would want him to stay at Dortmund for another year,his price drops,we'll know our finances better after coronavirus,he's a year older and experienced,our data analysts can get a better picture of his performances, if he's getting better and not a one season wonder,plus Salah,Mane or Firmino might get itchy feet if we win more titles and decide to move abroad,then Sancho could just slip into the team.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
VVD and Alisson proved to me that when Klopp wants someone, the owners will try their best to match his ambitions. So with Sancho, its not just about 60mil or 100 mil for us, of course its important, but Sancho will come with high wages, high expectations to play week in week out right from the start and will not take too kindly to having to 'prove' himself from the bench like Fabinho, Keita etc had to do. He could be the greatest player for us in a few years time or could be the greatest negative disruption to the greatest team we have seen in decades. We value stability and our championship winning team is built not bought, I do not see Klopp wanting to disrupt too much unnecessarily. He will be buying and promoting from within to build on what we have now and not to replace immediately. We have no need for that. Look at what Chelsea is doing, if they buy Havertz too, they would be practically replacing 3 of the 4 forward players. Would that work well? Maybe. But buying big and then replacing what had work for them to a certain extent and instead of being patient and build on it, they are going for wholesale changes, lets see how the fans will react if these big buys do not turn in the kind of results they expect. Honestly, I am glad we are not getting ourselves involved in this silly prices for these flavours of the week.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
It's 7pm on a friday and Im still looking at 3-4 more hours work tonight before starting again early tomorrow morning. The correct response to me under those circumstances is either "Yeah, at that price we'll definitely snag him" or "he's shit. He can go to Utd. We already have Harvey Elliott."
He's shit. They can have him. We have Harvey Elliott. Another whale contact coming soon.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
That rumour is almost Mbappe territory... I think I'll treat it with the same level of belief... ;)

So, let's see what this player offers:
  • huge potential admittedly
  • a big name already, as the media love to hype up their English youngsters
  • a monstrous fee needed to get him
  • monstrous wage demands probably
  • a bit of an attitude problem by many accounts
  • he wants to be considered as an undroppable mega-star, notwithstanding his tender age and lack of experience
So, which club would be the most appropriate for him? My take would be the red mancs. They need to piss their money in the wind in January, to appease their fans. He could then tussle it out between Pogba and him for the title of most overrated media darling... :ROFLMAO:
Apart from the first point,there are here five good reasons why we wont see him in a red shirt!
Doubt whether Klopp would touch him.
He is a definite swerve for me!