• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
Not only would United pay him more than we would but we'd both pay more than Dortmund will be. So you want him to turn down millions in extra earnings for next season by staying in Dortmund so that he can accept to earn millions less per year by joining us instead of them because we MIGHT try to sign him next year. But then again we might not so he might have just washed millions of pounds down the drain for nothing and United might still be the best move he has available to him. We can come across quite arrogant on this. United and Liverpool are both massive clubs with prestigious histories that its a real feather in your cap to have played for one. From the outside looking in it may come across that United are a good, young squad, starting to go places under a talented young manager. Personally disagree and it was Leicester having such a late season collapse that allowed United to sneak in and grasp Europe. But they certainly won't seem that bad a choice. And Klopp said he wanted people who wanted to help get the train moving as a sign they had the right character, well which club needs that now? If he's going there he's going to go roll his sleeves up and help them try get their train moving. A bad character would have been someone willing to go to PSG collect mega money and half arse their way to league title after league title.
Yeah but if you look at it from his POV and the suposed statement he made about wanting to play for us over United,there was no part of his statement that mentioned he wanted to join a team to roll up his sleeves and be a train pusher,he wanted to win titles and had a better chance at LFC atm.Thats removing money from the table and the main reason to move club,he'll still be paid silly money for a 20 year old at Dortmund aswell.

Klopp has already made a move for him when he left Man City,so he knows he's wanted by us,if he's had any contact with Klopp or seen previous deals with players that broke down because of cash 1st attitude,then he'll know Klopp wants players who are focused on playing,the money will soon follow,agreed it won't be the amount United will pay but according to Sancho,thats not the issue.

He'd also know that all clubs finances are pretty much fucked atm and anyone paying huge sums are doing it with a hope that everything will be ok but could also risk fucking themselves.Next season,he'll know his price will come down being in his last year and he'll get more options of clubs to play for.

By moving to United now thats basically saying,my agent and i want the money.United finished 33 points behind us,let me say that again,33 POINTS BEHIND US,yeah they may improve on that next season but you can't honestly say they are our main rivals for the title next season.

Like i said previously,if he joins United after saying he wanted us for trophy wining reasons,then it's a money based decision more than anything,we've seen plenty of players say and do exactly the same thing over the years,let them go,we've got to where we are now off the back of it,Champions of England,Champions of Europe,Super Champions of Europe and Champions of the World,let him count his money,while we count our trophies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

If true, it's not the matter of what he'll be earning when he signs but what he'll be earning when he extends his contract with them. I imagine he'll become one of world's best players there but I wonder what Rashford, Martial and Greenwood will expect from the club looking at what the likes of De Gea, Pogba and Sancho earn there.
Is this a reliable source? 300k a week: the best way to ruin a youngster's career. Disgusting if true.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yeah but if you look at it from his POV and the suposed statement he made about wanting to play for us over United,there was no part of his statement that mentioned he wanted to join a team to roll up his sleeves and be a train pusher,he wanted to win titles and had a better chance at LFC atm.Thats removing money from the table and the main reason to move club,he'll still be paid silly money for a 20 year old at Dortmund aswell.

Klopp has already made a move for him when he left Man City,so he knows he's wanted by us,if he's had any contact with Klopp or seen previous deals with players that broke down because of cash 1st attitude,then he'll know Klopp wants players who are focused on playing,the money will soon follow,agreed it won't be the amount United will pay but according to Sancho,thats not the issue.

He'd also know that all clubs finances are pretty much fucked atm and anyone paying huge sums are doing it with a hope that everything will be ok but could also risk fucking themselves.Next season,he'll know his price will come down being in his last year and he'll get more options of clubs to play for.

By moving to United now thats basically saying,my agent and i want the money.United finished 33 points behind us,let me say that again,33 POINTS BEHIND US,yeah they may improve on that next season but you can't honestly say they are our main rivals for the title next season.

Like i said previously,if he joins United after saying he wanted us for trophy wining reasons,then it's a money based decision more than anything,we've seen plenty of players say and do exactly the same thing over the years,let them go,we've got to where we are now off the back of it,Champions of England,Champions of Europe,Super Champions of Europe and Champions of the World,let him count his money,while we count our trophies.
That's fair enough but he also knows there is no guarantee we will go in for him next year. He might well be sitting there thinking United may be his best option. There's no guarantees in football and he may be recovering from an ACL next summer and nobody might want to take a risk on him. Its a lot of money to pass up on what could happen. United are, as much as we don't like them, a top team with ridiculous levels of financial strength and a move at his age that works out he could be there 10 years. You had pundits saying that after we came so close last year we would drop off and United were considered more of a likely title challenger. Outside of Liverpool fans I dont think the tail of Uniteds doom is as accepted as gospel. He will probably end up regretting the move but he'll also probably win some trophies whilst there even if not the league or CL.

KYRed18

That's fair enough but he also knows there is no guarantee we will go in for him next year. He might well be sitting there thinking United may be his best option. There's no guarantees in football and he may be recovering from an ACL next summer and nobody might want to take a risk on him. Its a lot of money to pass up on what could happen. United are, as much as we don't like them, a top team with ridiculous levels of financial strength and a move at his age that works out he could be there 10 years. You had pundits saying that after we came so close last year we would drop off and United were considered more of a likely title challenger. Outside of Liverpool fans I dont think the tail of Uniteds doom is as accepted as gospel. He will probably end up regretting the move but he'll also probably win some trophies whilst there even if not the league or CL.
Literally was about to write the same exact thing. A dollar now is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. I'll never blame a player for taking the money when they have the opportunity too. Most of them have worked incredibly hard to get to that point in life.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Literally was about to write the same exact thing. A dollar now is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. I'll never blame a player for taking the money when they have the opportunity too. Most of them have worked incredibly hard to get to that point in life.
Money promised is nice but you can't guarantee it. "A bird in the hand is better than two in the Bush"! Only thing is here its "three birds in the hand of dubious quality are better than the one real nice bird you think might be in that Bush over there"!

CymruRed

Ad-free Member

Yeah true,but in the same breath pundits were saying Man City would win the title and wouldn't have predicted what we achieved.Tbh as much as i'd like us to sign Sancho and see how the move could happen,plus think a football player of this caliber would stick to his word, since Klop has joined us and teamed up with FSG/Edwards,i don't cry over spilt milk anymore,we've been in this position numerous times now and it's only made us better by not signing them up,good luck to the kid but fuck him,lets move on to someone else.NEXT!!! 8)

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Is this a reliable source? 300k a week: the best way to ruin a youngster's career. Disgusting if true.
He quotes Bild, The Guardian are saying it's 250K per week. I doubt this will ruin him, it didn't ruin Rashford who's on similar money with bonuses included. Still, it's a worrying trend from a rival's point of view.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Yet reports today are they could have got Bellingham, with Ole believing he would play as much as half of their games NEXt season, but they baulked at his 50 grand a week wage. I get that is a ton to give a 17 year old. But a player who is good enough to play 20 games in a CL caliber side, it's completely reasonable.
You seen this?

Bellingham is an immense talent, I'd play him ahead of Pogba! Proper weird they will pay Williams £65k a week (at 19) insane.

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
I'm in between two schools of thought....
FSG have brought us Klopp and the title... They've spent the cash to bring in Alisson, VVD and Fabinho.
They've kept players and increased their wages.

What I absolutely don't understand though, is any notion that LFC have no cash to spend.
From what I recall, United had a little more income than LFC last year, or were basically on par.

So how can they have the money to splash all around, and Liverpool have none.... after record profits the year before, and basically not spending for 3 windows.
Likewise, how can United HAVE the cash to splash around? Their wages are stupid crazy, and they're really upsetting the structure that our team has set out. How much per week are Mo and Sadio making? is it 250/week?
I just don't understand how one club with comparative income but who are heavily leveraged can spend, but LFC cannot.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
I'm in between two schools of thought....
FSG have brought us Klopp and the title... They've spent the cash to bring in Alisson, VVD and Fabinho.
They've kept players and increased their wages.

What I absolutely don't understand though, is any notion that LFC have no cash to spend.
From what I recall, United had a little more income than LFC last year, or were basically on par.

So how can they have the money to splash all around, and Liverpool have none.... after record profits the year before, and basically not spending for 3 windows.
Likewise, how can United HAVE the cash to splash around? Their wages are stupid crazy, and they're really upsetting the structure that our team has set out. How much per week are Mo and Sadio making? is it 250/week?
I just don't understand how one club with comparative income but who are heavily leveraged can spend, but LFC cannot.
Although manure has debts of £534.6 million, most of this (£505.7 million) is long term debt; the bulk represented by £330.7 million in secured notes, which mature in June 2027. The remaining £175 million, only becomes repayable in August 2029. In addition, manure has an undrawn committed revolving borrowing facility of £125 million, plus (subject to certain conditions) the ability to draw down another £25 million. And if they run out of credit, they could use some of the £307.5 million they have in the form of cash at bank and in hand.

Simples. :rolleyes:

iftikhar

Gutted that United will sign a player that’s gonna really add to their progress.

mans very gutted we will seemingly be signing nobody despite having players go, that does worry me.
The main progress will in revenue when they sell him in two years time.

brush85

Rashford hasn't got much better to be honest. A few good mates of mine are United ST holders and none of them rate him highly. Not the most intelligent footballer.

Good player with potential, far from great though.
Literally just had his best ever season by a mile. In terms of goals, assists and xG and xA.