• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jadon Sancho (RW) Borussia Dortmund

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Any body still has an account on redcafe, Can they go there behind enemy lines and post those gems here ?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
That Zorc has history of saying players won’t leave and they have so he is full of shit.
This will happen. There’s another 2 months to get this sorted. Dortmund are playing a blinder and will get at least £110m for him and united haven’t learnt lesson from handing out mega contracts.
Sancho has an horrible annoying whiny face so fits right in at the theatre of cunts.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
That Zorc has history of saying players won’t leave and they have so he is full of shit.
This will happen. There’s another 2 months to get this sorted. Dortmund are playing a blinder and will get at least £110m for him and united haven’t learnt lesson from handing out mega contracts.
Sancho has an horrible annoying whiny face so fits right in at the theatre of cunts.
When has that happened? I thought he'd a reputation the other way, he says someone isn't leaving means they don't leave in that window.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Only one player immediately comes to mind, but i suspect there are two cases in which Zorc may have said a player wasnt leaving. Dembele's move to Barca after he refused to train, damaged the house he was renting and stunk the place out to force a move. They moved him on at a substantial premium. I dont think that move suggests Zorc is full of shit.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Only one player immediately comes to mind, but i suspect there are two cases in which Zorc may have said a player wasnt leaving. Dembele's move to Barca after he refused to train, damaged the house he was renting and stunk the place out to force a move. They moved him on at a substantial premium. I dont think that move suggests Zorc is full of shit.
And as Sancho is in training for Dortmund with a big grin on his face and being professional it doesn't seem the same would happen. Also I'm pretty sure Dortmund never said "never" on a Dembele sale it was just on price wasn't it? Can't remember exactly what was said.

CymruRed

Ad-free Member
And as Sancho is in training for Dortmund with a big grin on his face and being professional it doesn't seem the same would happen. Also I'm pretty sure Dortmund never said "never" on a Dembele sale it was just on price wasn't it? Can't remember exactly what was said.
Zorc has said in the past with the Dembele and PEA transfers,at some point during those negotations that they weren't going to be sold.I wouldn't say it's a lie cos if the fee wasn't upped and agreed,they'd have both probably stayed a bit longer (maybe not Dembele as he was acting up) but it seems more of a tactic to squeeze the most money from the deals,basically you pay what we want or we are not selling.

This new statement from Zorc is probaly the same situation,apparently United haven't tabled an official bid at all,they've just talked about what they won't pay,off the back of that you'd assume that Zorc is telling the truth,so untill United meet our fee and table the bid,he's not being sold.

With now knowing he has 3 years of his deal left,this puts Dortmund in the drivng seat,United either pay 120mill euros between now and october or don't sign him and look for someone else.

EDIT: just to add,with this new contract Sancho has signed,his wages are increased,so i highly doubt he'll be forcing a move this summer if it doesn't come off,maybe next year might be different,the one thing i'd think this move might not happen is because of the agents fee's ontop of the transfer fee,i think that could be the big factor in United walking away.

Last edited:

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
As I said they will go back in a years time and get him or something, or maybe they won't he doesn't seem that bothered, that's something that hasn't quite got into them, they aren't a dream move for a lot of players anymore.
There was someone on twitter suggesting Utd would buy out the last two years of his contract somehow and it would only cost £55m...

macces82

Zorc has said in the past with the Dembele and PEA transfers,at some point during those negotations that they weren't going to be sold.I wouldn't say it's a lie cos if the fee wasn't upped and agreed,they'd have both probably stayed a bit longer (maybe not Dembele as he was acting up) but it seems more of a tactic to squeeze the most money from the deals,basically you pay what we want or we are not selling.

This new statement from Zorc is probaly the same situation,apparently United haven't tabled an official bid at all,they've just talked about what they won't pay,off the back of that you'd assume that Zorc is telling the truth,so untill United meet our fee and table the bid,he's not being sold.

With now knowing he has 3 years of his deal left,this puts Dortmund in the drivng seat,United either pay 120mill euros between now and october or don't sign him and look for someone else.

EDIT: just to add,with this new contract Sancho has signed,his wages are increased,so i highly doubt he'll be forcing a move this summer if it doesn't come off,maybe next year might be different,the one thing i'd think this move might not happen is because of the agents fee's ontop of the transfer fee,i think that could be the big factor in United walking away.
To be fair Zorc was a lot clearer in his statement this time. All the quotes that I found only wrote the part where he says that they are "planning with him" and that he is not going to leave this year but the missing part of the video in German is that one of the journalists explicitly asked right after that if there is any possible scenario that would change that decision and he says "No!".

Dembele was a special case as he was doing what Barca asked him to do and to go on strike basically. You know they tried something comparable later with Coutinho to apply some pressure. And the deal only happend because Barca was able to throw big money at them because of the Neymar deal. I mean Dortmund got almost 150m€ now with the bonuses for Dembele. The fact that a young player forced his way out in such a manner is something that they decided will never happen again.
For PEA it was a promise that he may leave the club to sign his last major contract which was given even a year prior to the year he left Dortmund.
To think that Dortmund would give in for 120m€ on deadline day is ridiculous because they would need to get a proper replacement, maybe even two. I am not trying to say they are no selling club, it is actually the only way to compete for them but they are in a very comfortable situation now. Next year there will be more clubs than just United trying to sign him and if he plays a good tournament at the Euro 2021 then it may even increase his price tag.
So I really feel this thing is off for the summer.
But who knows... I might be proven wrong. But if the Dembele and PEA comparison is really the last straw that United fans are holding on to then they might be extra salty very soon.

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
At no point does the penny seem to be going to drop that they need a keeper and a new defence. Long may that continue.
Do they have to buy a new keeper?
i was told by a united fan that Hendos‘ little brother is the next big thing. That was not too long ago.
and their defence includes world beaters like smalling, maguire and stones (or jones?)

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Do they have to buy a new keeper?
i was told by a united fan that Hendos‘ little brother is the next big thing. That was not too long ago.
and their defence includes world beaters like smalling, maguire and stones (or jones?)
Latest I read on Henderson (Dean) was that he will stay out on loan for another season (probably Sheffield United again I reckon) because Ole couldn’t promise him games. Guess that’s the issue, De Gea is a liability but his wages are silly so they can’t shift him.

Dave-D

Dortmund and Sancho are both in power here. Dortmund don’t need to sell and Sancho has a pay increase and can happily play another season in Germany and then have the biggest clubs in Europe after him. Manure are the only option this summer but next will probably be different as clubs should have an idea on what funds they have to make signings

big noyd

could easily--on a dime, i mean--rationalize taking ousmane dembele on loan or on the cheap if we did it

but if they do it, lol

i think their priority should be to exercise the formality of signing declan rice. and then figure out where to play him, but i overrate size & athletic ability

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Maybe its just personal to me, but I don't particularly like players who are over elaborate. There are differences between getting away from players with your skills and with fanciful unnecessarily tricks. It tells something about their attitude. But that is just me.

brush85

Maybe its just personal to me, but I don't particularly like players who are over elaborate. There are differences between getting away from players with your skills and with fanciful unnecessarily tricks. It tells something about their attitude. But that is just me.
Luckily. People said the same about Ronaldinho before he went to barca and then he went there and people championed him for bringing joy back to the game.

Ultimately, it becomes about production and sancho produces.

Red over the water

If it’s a trick for the sake of the trick, and it’s unproductive, then no. But if the player is productive, bring it on.

Completely agree that Sancho has tricks, and is productive.

Also, if he stays at Dortmund this season, it’s possible we might be in for him next summer, once we see the lay of the land, both in terms of financial impact of Covid, and also what might be happening with one or two of our own stars by then.

RaoulDuke

Hardly-Known Member
The Messi question also comes to my mind with this fragile fair weather player:
“But can he do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke?“
I doubt it.