• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jamal Lewis (LB) Norwich City

Obligatory lean poll

• Random desk, signing a random piece of paper, wearing a top Twitter fumes about

• Leaning against the Wall of Champions, pointing to 19, waggling his eyebrows

• The substitute's bench, where he'll be spending 99% of his time

• A railing at Melwood

• On a video conference from his home, unboxing a Nike top they sent him for free anyways

• From underneath a pile of masks

• Andy Robertson's house, where he ran to just to prove a point

• A growing pile of FSG out signs from lads wanting marquee signings

• Hope's private holiday chalet in the Alps

• Delia Smith's wine cellar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macca1970

He has one and half years experience in the Championship, which includes the promotion season when he was first choice. Has now gained a year playing time in the Premier league. Has about 100 senior games to his name, and is 22.

All in all, a good potential signing. Can gain experience training with the first team, and Andy won’t be able to play 60 ninety minute games the next season (well he could, but would probably mean long term injury issues). Neco Williams can be backup for RB, and this lad for LB. Makes sense.

If I were Norwich, I would hold out for a significantly better deal than 10m. Relegated to the Championship still means lucrative parachute payments, so they got a good chance of bouncing back if they do sound business. Anything below 15m is a steal.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
The rumors about Tsimikas sound like a Liverpool leak. I recall the same kinds of leaks coming out about other GK and CB targets when we went for Alisson and Virgil.

Perhaps Norwich will drop their price to something like 12+ add-ons, and a deal will be struck.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
The rumors about Tsimikas sound like a Liverpool leak. I recall the same kinds of leaks coming out about other GK and CB targets when we went for Alisson and Virgil.

Perhaps Norwich will drop their price to something like 12+ add-ons, and a deal will be struck.
Tsimikas does look decent from the limited amount Ive seen him. He'd be around 7 mill if reports are correct so it might be genuine interest.

Richard88

I love this potential signing. Lewis has all the attributes necessary to be a good LB in a Klopp side, including skill on the ball; a desire to get forward; and tenacity off the ball. By all accounts he's also a hard-working player who wants to improve, and at 22 he's young enough to have plenty of room for improvement.

The fact that he's homegrown also makes him an ideal choice to fill a squad role. However I do think he has the raw talent to be able to seriously challenge Robertson a couple of years down the line.

Redopium

14.46m bid rumoured to be made for Tsimikas, agreement is only a matter of hours, Lfc and the player have accepted terms. @Sportimesgreece

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Especially since Tsimikas looks much better. Lewis has the homegrown factor at least.
I wonder how significant that is to our squad planning at the moment for any signings we are considering? My natural assumption would be that it is highly significant, but if we bring in Tsimakas, and possibly Thiago and Sarr too, then it cant be that high up the list of concerns - particularly with replacing Lallana and Clyne with local lads.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Lewis mustn’t be happy with this, Norwich price him out of a move and Liverpool move on.
Looks good on Liverpool tho, mess us about with stupid valuations and we’ll drop the interest and sign someone else
I dont think it was unfair for Norwich to go high in their valuation. I think a lot of people will think we went in too low.

Sweeting

Lewis mustn’t be happy with this, Norwich price him out of a move and Liverpool move on.
Looks good on Liverpool tho, mess us about with stupid valuations and we’ll drop the interest and sign someone else
I'm just going to pretend to myself that we never wanted him and it was always a strategy to bring Olympiakos to the negotiation table. That way I don't have to think about the fact we actually thought Lewis would be a good signing.

On that note we do have an interesting list of "missed" players - the likes of Julian Brandt, Ben Chilwell, Piotr Zielinski, Alex Teixiera... wouldn't have any of those in retrospect either.

Dave-D

I dont think it was unfair for Norwich to go high in their valuation. I think a lot of people will think we went in too low.
Against most interested club totally fine way to work but everyone and their dog knows Liverpool ain’t being held to ransom and will walk no matter who the player is and they’ve shown it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.