• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jean Michael Seri (CM) OGC Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

phnaarg

TIA Youth Team
At least it is someone.

If Keita deal is dead til next year it's decent cover.

Anyhow here is his Nice form from last year.

such low interceptions and tackles stats, clearly he's not a defensive midfielder...

Our problem is fixing the goals conceded issue...not sure this guy would help to address that. One thing I noticed from the watford match is that both hendo and Can seemed to think it was enough to get a foot to the ball, despite the fact that they did not win posession or often deflected it straight back to another watford player...they sat back in a "my work here is done" kind of way and allowed watford to keep making progress. We blame the defence but the problem often starts further up the pitch...

Flobs

FADA
At least it is someone.

If Keita deal is dead til next year it's decent cover.

Anyhow here is his Nice form from last year.

doesn't look like he's going to help out our defense very much!
Looks like a typical LFC last ditch attempt at signing someone. :((

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I'm sure Klopp will be happy to give him a big cuddle.
Or a blast of hot air if he's not pulling his weight in training.

Not sure how I feel about this one, don't really know the player in question.

Halftime Ice

He's short and a bit lightweight. Not a replacement for Can then.

Isn't Keita also a bit small as well? Is this for real or is it a wake up call for RBL? Gives us Keita or we'll buy someone from a different village.
Great,hope he makes up for his lack of height by being shit hot at
Zonal marking, at set pieces.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
That endorsement by Xavi is glowing
for those that haven't seen what your talking about

“When I was told that a player from Nice was called the ‘African Xavi’, I followed him very closely, inevitably,” he told Le Parisien.

“I did not know him and I was stunned: I haven’t seen such midfield talent for a while. [His] short game, long game, tactical intelligence, distance shooting, personality, game organisation…wow! He would go so well at Barça … He can play anywhere in the middle. Seri is fantastic. He has what is called Barcelona’s Barça DNA. Without any hesitation.”

And when the celebrated Spanish midfielder was told Seri uses him as a reference, often watching videos of him before matches, he couldn’t contain his pride.

“Seriously? It is an honour ! I hope Barça sign him [this summer] because otherwise he will be worth double next year.”
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/xavi-urges-barcelona-to-sign-fantastic-jean-michael-seri-before-price-doubles/979431#5XEYGAoTYZfDMxme.99

Scout video

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/893149976926101504?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/news/xavi-wants-jean-michael-seri-at-barcelona/618387

gb1986

sqwauka puts his pass acc at 90% with almost double the amount of forward passes as coutinho. Seri played 3 more games than Coutinho.

He was brought up in the who would you buy thread. Decent player, but he would still be a gamble. At £34m in this market though maybe one worth taking.

Brital

Does the fact he played in the Nice v Ajax qualifier, make him cup tied for the CL?

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
If Klopp wants him then its more than good enough for me. What wouldn't be good is if Edwards buys him without Klopp's blessing. I wonder why we aren't trying to get Leon Goretzka or is he already Bayern bound? What about Oxlade Chamberlain?
Got to say though that Seri does look good but with the pain he feels in the cold and his short stature I don't know how effective he's going to be for €40m. If an attacking midfielder is what we want then how about Max Meyer?
Arsenal were linked to Seri a while back, anyone know what went on there?

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
It's a sad state of affairs when I see a link like this, I'm torn between thinking "Off we go, settling for lesser players linked with the likes of Swansea" and "doesn't matter anyways, we'll find a way to fuck it up even if it is true."

This summer has depressed the fuck out of me, the last month especially. All hope is gone. Signing this lad might be a bright spark. But even if we do, he'll probably turn out to be shite for us, or be brilliant for two games before suffering a season ending injury.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Okay here we go the reconditioned engine list..................................

if you want to eat at the top table you have to behave like you are due to sit at the top table for quite a long time before you can - dont get me on about splinters in the arse - same as every year, high profile targets touted, sometimes we fluke one, but in the end we sign people with far less market desirability - keeps it easy for us.

Dahoud, Keita..............Billy the Fish

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.

Happyfan

Jean Michael Seri: Meet Nice's classy playmaker being linked with Liverpool

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jean-michael-seri-meet-nices-classy-playmaker-being-linked-liverpool?page=0,1&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Seri suffers from chilblains – painful and itchy swellings on the skin when the weather is cold. That could be a minor problem if he were to live in an English climate, and the Premier League suitors should be aware of the issue, just as the player himself is.

lol
There's no point in making this purchase unless they have a ready made solution to this. Can't believe that we'll actually buy someone who is going to be in too much pain to play. Or maybe I can believe that at the mo.

Limiescouse

He came up earlier in the summer when the Keita approach first started faltering. Assuming there is merit in this, I wonder what that means for the continued interest in Keita.

YeGra

It's a sad state of affairs when I see a link like this, I'm torn between thinking "Off we go, settling for lesser players linked with the likes of Swansea" and "doesn't matter anyways, we'll find a way to fuck it up even if it is true."

This summer has depressed the fuck out of me, the last month especially. All hope is gone. Signing this lad might be a bright spark. But even if we do, he'll probably turn out to be shite for us, or be brilliant for two games before suffering a season ending injury.
C'mon, I know this summer has really been frustrating. The Coutinho thing made me want to cry on the first shoulder I could see.

But! Let's not get all doomsday predictions on us.

If we do sign him, it silences all those "oh! Were being too stubborn why aren't we signing alternatives" comments.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
He came up earlier in the summer when the Keita approach first started faltering. Assuming there is merit in this, I wonder what that means for the continued interest in Keita.
Surely you dont mean we are trying to draw Leipzig out by this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.