• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jean Michael Seri (CM) OGC Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
LFC Fans Corner‏ @LFCFansCorner 3h3 hours ago

Seri rumoured to have also turned down an earlier approach from Arsenal due to refusal to live in England. Our scouting is top notch. #LFC

Great...

Get Sakho on the phone to him and explain he'd be moving to Liverpool Country. I'm sure Mama would be a brilliant advocate. :eh?:

TFC

TIA Squad Member
LFC Fans Corner‏ @LFCFansCorner 3h3 hours ago

Seri rumoured to have also turned down an earlier approach from Arsenal due to refusal to live in England. Our scouting is top notch. #LFC

Great...

Get Sakho on the phone to him and explain he'd be moving to Liverpool Country. I'm sure Mama would be a brilliant advocate. :eh?:
Did a search on it, sounds like twitter bullshit.

Edit: @Kopstar

It seems that he did say he would have difficulties moving to cold climate because of a health condition that would require more treatment. That has been taken to mean he won't move to England, but it appears that Arsenal never put in a serious offer so its anyone's guess as to what country hits that 'too cold' criteria; apparently the only team thats actually tried to sign him is Roma who rumors have it he was willing to go to but they low balled.

Last edited:

Barnestormer

Left wing.
Sprinting around town on 24th December for gifts for your wife (might be the reality for many here) but its certainly not Premier League. Another fkcing bath set.

YeGra

If we were to sign him and he has to be taken off the pitch when that November wind comes calling, I will do the biggest facepalm in the history of the fucking world.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Getting De ja vu here.

Last summer it was Mane who was the Fiat and Gotze the Ferrari.

Fiats don't seem to be so bad.:)

https://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/sadio-mane-rw-southampton.20465/

6 posts in :well done: get this lad signed up!
IF we sign the guy and it turns out I'm wrong about him as I was about Mané, I'll happily hold my hand up and admit I'm wrong, and be thrilled about it. That said, I doubt I'd base the abilities of any potential incoming transfers on my opinion. But to be fair, while I was wrong about Mané 100%, this time there is very much an air of "Fuck it, nothing else is working out, let's do SOMETHING I suppose" about this rumour.

Based on the way the current recruitment team (Recruitment team v3.0?) has performed this summer though, even if the interest in him is concrete, there's more chance than not that we'll somehow find a way to cock it up.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Based on the way the current recruitment team (Recruitment team v3.0?) has performed this summer though, even if the interest in him is concrete, there's more chance than not that we'll somehow find a way to cock it up.
Already there are whispers that the player couldn't stand cold weather.... so there ya go.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
If he is a big softie when it comes to the cold weather, than I can't see him coming. Wasn't there a Manchester City player who decided to leave because he could not get used to the British weather and his children skin tone changed colour so he moved back to Spain? Forgot his name.

Have to say the Brazilian contingent at LFC never complained about the weather and quite happy.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
To be fair, he's not a big softie per se - it's not like he's sitting at home moaning about the cold and claiming he doesn't like it because it gives him the sniffly-wifflies. He does have an actual medical condition that can be quite painful. Especially if he gets them on his feet, which would make kicking a football a fairly unpleasant situation.

Mind you, it still doesn't take away from the point that if this is an issue, then it makes him a bit of a pointless target.

Have to say the Brazilian contingent at LFC never complained about the weather and quite happy.
Yeah, but this Hispanic contingent at LFC as a whole tends to fuck off rapidly the second an offer from a Spanish side comes in, so...

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Oh he might have Reynaud's syndrome @ubermick,
I knew a colleague who used to wear gloves at work during the winter because her blood vessels in her hands used to narrow so the blood could not get to her fingers so they used to turn white and blue. It affects the feet as well.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
T
Mind you, it still doesn't take away from the point that if this is an issue, then it makes him a bit of a pointless target..
Exactly, how can one not know about this if they are really scouting the player with all the information made available to them? I find that fucking odd.... wait strike that.... I find it very typical of our "transfer committee v.3.0".

NJLFCJake

Oh he might have Reynaud's syndrome @ubermick,
I knew a colleague who used to wear gloves at work during the winter because her blood vessels in her hands used to narrow so the blood could not get to her fingers so they used to turn white and blue. It affects the feet as well.
According to a twitter post he suffers from chilblains

@LiamCorcoran28 tweeted about it... would link it but Twitter's blocked at work

richieh10

Fucking hell so now there are even official medical conditions which are stopping us signing players

Worst

Window

Ever

FGred

So thanks to this I've gone from "who is Seri?" to thinking he's the shit and can pass and spray a ball around the pitch like Alonso.

Can actually see why Klopp would see in a player like him though. Receives the ball from deep, turns and sparks the counter attack. Noticed he seems to be on all set pieces too. Pens/freekicks/corners.

His passing range really is ridiculous though. Looks a lot more like a Keita alternative to a Coutinho replacement.
We could always allow him to wear a track suit in winter

FGred

A few pair of leggings he'll be fine,France ain't that warm especially if you talk to the people who live there as they're mostly rather cold.;-)
Even though he lives in NICE in winter they have the Mistral wind which will definitely give him chilblains as it can be very cold indeed. Nice is not far from the Alps and they get more snow there in winter than they get in the northwest.

Drubas

Just watched a twelve minute long clip of him, so I'm pretty much a certified expert at this rate.

I see a good replacement for Lallana in the middle. I was actually more impressed with his clip than Keitas. His penetrating passes would fit Mane and Salah like a glove.

richieh10

Mid August and we're still speculating over signings whilst our rivals got the bulk of their business done 6 weeks ago.

Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.