• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Jean Michael Seri (CM) OGC Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

StEtiennesLeftBoot

Nearly back on our perch....
Sacrilege :unhappy:

I can see someone is going to be struggling to be Stayin` Alive if they carry on bashing the Gibbs :tongue:
The Gibbs brothers from Manchester..??. I'm just suffering from Night Fever although I much prefer Orchestral Manoeuvres in the dark :)

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
So Mancs buy Matic as a DM and we are chasing Ligue1 midgets to replace ours?

Fuck me....we are dire. How far we have fallen

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
He's an absolute no. Liverpool is like Nice what maybe 10 days a year? He'd probably be brilliant in pre season in Bangkok though..

richieh10

I think the trouble now is that if we sign a CB other than VVD we won't accept it because it's not VVD.

If we sign Seri then we'll all be pissed off he isn't Keita.

If Phil leaves we'll need to pull something out of the bag coz as fans we won't accept it.

StEtiennesLeftBoot

Nearly back on our perch....
He's an absolute no. Liverpool is like Nice what maybe 10 days a year? He'd probably be brilliant in pre season in Bangkok though..
So.. twice a season under lights then? Probably more sucessful than any Italian or chilean player we have ever bought....

YeGra

The guy hates bad weather. You just couldn't fucking make it up could you.
Just add it to the list:

"Ooh we really like this player and he wants to join"
...oh but we get all cocky and leak shit to the press.

"Ooh we really like this other players and he also wants to join us"
...but we faff about with bids whilst everyday the club are making statements they don't want to sell him

"We are absolutely not selling this player"
...but he then hands in a transfer request and lots of shit about a alleged split with the manager comes out

"Oh well we can try and sign this player to make up for it"
Great we can get him but he will be in agony 355 days of the year due to an uncontrolled medical condition.

João Cunha

Banned Users
Just add it to the list:

"Ooh we really like this player and he wants to join"
...oh but we get all cocky and leak shit to the press.

"Ooh we really like this other players and he also wants to join us"
...but we faff about with bids whilst everyday the club are making statements they don't want to sell him

"We are absolutely not selling this player"
...but he then hands in a transfer request and lots of shit about a alleged split with the manager comes out

"Oh well we can try and sign this player to make up for it"
Great we can get him but he will be in agony 355 days of the year due to an uncontrolled medical condition.
That looks like a good story, unfortunately, it's the story of our window, however , we still have 2 weeks make up for it

Flobs

FADA
Is Seri worth buying for the squad though?
Honestly I haven't the foggyest (they don't get that down in Nice either lol). Nice have forged a fairly decent squad so there must be 4 or 5 players there worth looking at. However some one who doesn't support poor weather sounds risky to me particularly in the NW of England. :)

treboeth

Honestly I haven't the foggyest (they don't get that down in Nice either lol). Nice have forged a fairly decent squad so there must be 4 or 5 players there worth looking at. However some one who doesn't support poor weather sounds risky to me particularly in the NW of England. :)
I am pretty sure we can get him if we show him the weather we have been having the last few weeks and pass it off as the depths of winter(we`ve had enough rain in South Wales to be convincing).
And with Lallana out and so hard working we could certainly use another promising midfielder, and as others have said Seri this year with Keita next year win win situation.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Mmm...I don't know. There's this:
Seri, who doesn't hide his ambitions to play for Barcelona, has always had Xavi as his idol and role model. "He is someone I looked at for a long time and analysed his game. Xavi has the ability to calm the game, not by voice but by what he does with the ball. He is thoughtful, makes simple but clever moves, and doesn't lose the ball.”
Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jean-michael-seri-meet-nices-classy-playmaker-being-linked-liverpool

Seri is so versatile that nobody really knows what his best position is. He can be a deep-lying maestro in the style of Andrea Pirlo, is frequently used as a box-to-box midfielder, and excels when positioned as a classical playmaker behind the strikers.

His passing abilities are continuing to improve and he wins his fair share of balls in defence. Seri also brags a decent shot from distance, and his free-kicks cause plenty of problems for the opposition. His character has proven to be positive in overcoming the early setback of being ignored at Porto, and the tendency to be critical of himself should enable him to progress even further.

And then there's this:

Seri might be lacking leadership qualities at this stage of his career. His influence tends to diminish when Nice are dominated by opponents, and he is not exactly the player to take the game on himself and shift the momentum. The Ivorian is a quiet person, and requires players who show fighting spirit and make their voice heard alongside him.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jean-michael-seri-meet-nices-classy-playmaker-being-linked-liverpool?page=0,1

So he's on the small side but is very talented and able to play in a variety of roles. However, he's quiet and lacks fighting spirit, and not only that he wants to play for Barcelona some day. When would that be? Next summer?

Dislikes cold weather, gets chilblains and has ingrowing toe nails.

Pass.

Hoosier Red Fan

True Believer
Just for informational purposes, there's this--

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chilblains/symptoms-causes/dxc-20165485

Factors that may increase your risk of chilblains include:

• Clothing that is tight or exposes skin to the cold . Wearing tight-fitting clothing and shoes in cold, damp weather may make you more susceptible to chilblains. And skin that's exposed to cold, damp conditions is more likely to develop chilblains.
  • Your sex and weight. Women are more likely to get chilblains than are children and males. Also, people who weigh about 20 percent less than is expected for their height have an increased risk of chilblains.
  • Environment and season. Chilblains are less likely in colder and drier areas because the living conditions and clothing used in these areas are more protective against cold. Your risk of chilblains is higher if you live in an area with high humidity and cold, but not freezing, temperatures. They are more common from November to April.
Mona just needs to fatten him up a little, put him in a wool kit, and all will be well. :-:)((

João Cunha

Banned Users

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chilblains/symptoms-causes/dxc-20165485

• Clothing that is tight or exposes skin to the cold . Wearing tight-fitting clothing and shoes in cold, damp weather may make you more susceptible to chilblains. And skin that's exposed to cold, damp conditions is more likely to develop chilblains.
  • Your sex and weight. Women are more likely to get chilblains than are children and males. Also, people who weigh about 20 percent less than is expected for their height have an increased risk of chilblains.
  • Environment and season. Chilblains are less likely in colder and drier areas because the living conditions and clothing used in these areas are more protective against cold. Your risk of chilblains is higher if you live in an area with high humidity and cold, but not freezing, temperatures. They are more common from November to April.
Mona just needs to fatten him up a little, put him in a wool kit, and all will be well. :-:)((

lollollol

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
We cannot seriously go for this guy. He will be able to play for us less than studge.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies

All will be well except being undersized, not having fighting spirit and wanting to leave as soon as he can to play for Barcelona.

Ingrowing toe nails can be taken care too. I can attest to that. Really 'kin hurts though.

treboeth

OK,who is going to claim Konchesky?:shocked:
@Scott Jones stated gently ( well it was a four page essay with 17 actual words and quite a few expletives) that it was not him :tongue:
If the Makati Reds were still here they would simultaneously confirm and deny ( in the same sentence) that they called it.
As for Seri if we sign him and he does well he`s definitely mine and i expect a slice of any future sales from his agent.
If he`s shite he`s all yours baby :well done:

Status
Not open for further replies.