Jean Michael Seri (CM) OGC Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I'd also say that if we bring Seri or whoever, this does not end our interest in Keita. Who knows what happens in 6 or 12 months, but IF we get Keita then and IF someone 'has' to leave (but lately it looks like we might not have that sweet problem, we need quality bodies in) then you let the weakest link go, simple.

I know but Nice does not have mountains and is not that far from the Rhone Valley, anyway my point was only in reference to the player worrying about getting chilblains and that it is not any colder here than in Nice in winter although it will definitely be hotter in summer sorry I was not trying to be clever clogs and I did live in that area for a few years
I was! :-)
For him it would be over how he deals with rain. Amateurs here don't train when it rains because it doesn't rain often and getting wet is a no no. (When it does rain mostly it's real rain not that drizzly stuff).:well done:

richieh10

Except when he claims to be happy with the players already here. Then don't trust him at all.
Fuck aye.

I'm hoping that's an elaborate plot to try and tempt our targets clubs to sell at an not too overly inflated price.

If it's not and that nonsense about Moreno being back 100% and Milner being our new midfield signing is actually Klopps honest thoughts then there is a major problem somewhere with our club and our managers judgement.

Hopefully it's mind games tho

***crosses fingers and toes***

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I'd also say that if we bring Seri or whoever, this does not end our interest in Keita. Who knows what happens in 6 or 12 months, but IF we get Keita then and IF someone 'has' to leave (but lately it looks like we might not have that sweet problem, we need quality bodies in) then you let the weakest link go, simple.
If you read between the lines of Klopps interview about Çan's contract discussions you'll see that is part of Emre's concerns.

I guess he has the same thoughts I do...how many CM do you need? Although Lallana's injury will last til Nov that still leaves 5-6 options in the middle

nikz200

This signing is a necessary one, we need another midfielder, Lallana's injuries, losing Lucas and Grujic being inexperienced and injury prone means we need a steady head in that midfield that can put in a shift. Its not rocket science either, the guy costs 40 m , just pay 40m and lets get on with our lives already. FSG need to salvage this transfer window somehow cause if this ends with our squad being depleted and Coutinho being sold off and us missing out on VVD, then this ownership is 100% to blame for it.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
This signing is a necessary one, we need another midfielder, Lallana's injuries, losing Lucas and Grujic being inexperienced and injury prone means we need a steady head in that midfield that can put in a shift. Its not rocket science either, the guy costs 40 m , just pay 40m and lets get on with our lives already. FSG need to salvage this transfer window somehow cause if this ends with our squad being depleted and Coutinho being sold off and us missing out on VVD, then this ownership is 100% to blame for it.
Why do everyone seemed to think whoever we target, bring them in, and they will automatically perform like the way they did with their old club right away?

Semmy

And for 40mil could we have had a shot at Matic, or is that his relationship with Mourinho talking. Steal of the window, IMO

Limiescouse

For nearly half the price that Seri is being touted at as well..
Which seems pretty reasonable to me. While I dont know much about him, Seri is of the caliber of players we have (sometimes contradictorily) demanded we should be looking to bring in - the sort Southampton would bring in and then pretend they dont want to sell to us in 12 months time. If he comes, no one knows how it will work out, but he's at the right stage to make a move to the Prem. Tielemens is a kid who not only would come with questions about whether he can cope int he Prem, he has questions of whether he's actually going to be as good as some think he might one day be.

kiwiredman

This is my serious face
Except when he claims to be happy with the players already here. Then don't trust him at all.
You wouldn't reasonably expect him to come out and say "we are looking for reinforcements in midfield because I don't have faith in the ability of our current team", though would you?

I'm sure nobody here believes that JK has thought "fuck it, I'm going to roll the dice on this unknown kid from Nice who I know nothing about". I don't believe for one minute that he hasn't been scouted for several months.

End of hypothetical quotes.

30 starts, 5 sub appearances. But that's me being pedantic, so I'll address your point. One could surmise he was unconvincing in a very thin squad in those matches since he was readily deemed surplus to requirements. But I do get your point. Just a bit tired of the United wank fest that's been going on.
And the 35 league starts last year with Chelsea?

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Seri is class. He has the creative mind we lack in midfield. Imagine him and Coutinho (if he stays) or Ziyech? That midfield would be insane.

We should just pay release clause and that's it. He is better than Lallana or Gini.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Why the fuck would we sign someone who can't be effective in the cold. And for the price of a proven, effective DM? If we sign this guy I feel we're back at the panic signing plan C type crap that caused us problems. Much better to make a knockout offerfor Keita and if unsuccessful hold fire until next summer. Why dont we try for AOC if we just must get a body.

seanyw

Hong Kong Reds
Sign him, or any quality CM... never saw him play but I assume he's not too bad with so many big clubs linking to him.

Our squad is just too small right now, esp with Coutinho leaving and Lalanna out. I don't expect Hendo to be healthy throughout the whole season. Can's contract's running out. Gini isn't doing good at the moment. Grujic will be given chance but he's no proven XI yet. Milner can play but sadly he looks like a better wide player than in the middle. We can easily accommodate two quality CM signing. Seri, Keita, AOC... anyone. and personally I would like to have N'Zonzi from Sevilla too.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
im relly concerned about this one, Seri has indicated hes interested, but what if we get a deal over the line with Nice and then the player himself gets cold feet......

Semmy

30 starts, 5 sub appearances. But that's me being pedantic, so I'll address your point. One could surmise he was unconvincing in a very thin squad in those matches since he was readily deemed surplus to requirements. But I do get your point. Just a bit tired of the United wank fest that's been going on.
Fuck United and Fuck Moaninho. I just like how Matic operates in that position. Wouldn't matter if he was with Dundee I would still drop 40mil for him without a second thought.

Would also love Matuidi but that dog isn't gonna hunt

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I guess this might depend on the CL situation for them as well as us.

Though we probably have an ok relationship with Nice.

The feet thing sounds exactly like Lallana's illness worries which seem to have been dealt with quite effectively.

Foldy

Why the fuck would we sign someone who can't be effective in the cold. And for the price of a proven, effective DM? If we sign this guy I feel we're back at the panic signing plan C type crap that caused us problems. Much better to make a knockout offerfor Keita and if unsuccessful hold fire until next summer. Why dont we try for AOC if we just must get a body.
Can you put studs on comfy slippers?

Status
Not open for further replies.