Jean Michael Seri (CM) OGC Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeGra

Would the medical he undergoes be more tailored because of his condition and therefore it's up to the medical team to advise on a situation...if this deal was to advance that far.

NJLFCJake

The only way I can see this go through is that Liverpool will make "special accommodations" to suit the issues that Seri goes through...

Give him these special gloves and socks and get him custom made boots and have the medical staff deal with him personally.

nikz200

Why do everyone seemed to think whoever we target, bring them in, and they will automatically perform like the way they did with their old club right away?
Firstly, i dont know how he will do, no one does with these types of transfers, but its a clear matter of body count.

Right now Lallanas injury and the absence for Coutinho is a big blow to us, if Hendo goes down or Can who do you think will step in and replace them? We dont have Lucas to rely on and Grujic is a joker card, we dont know what to expect with him either. I feel the club needs to do something to shore up the squad midfield with someone who will come in for Lucas's role, a move they have not yet done.

nikz200

And for 40mil could we have had a shot at Matic, or is that his relationship with Mourinho talking. Steal of the window, IMO
Personally someone like Matic or even yaya toure would have been excellent to replace Lucas, but again , typical issue is that we arent willing to spend the money on those kinds of players. Jean michael Seri has the potential for higher future sale value and thats the kind of game we are playing right now. Chelsea in general have no problem selling to united, both the mata deal and the matic deal is evidence of that. They throw their dead weight to us but they will never sell a key player to us.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Personally someone like Matic or even yaya toure would have been excellent to replace Lucas, but again , typical issue is that we arent willing to spend the money on those kinds of players. Jean michael Seri has the potential for higher future sale value and thats the kind of game we are playing right now. Chelsea in general have no problem selling to united, both the mata deal and the matic deal is evidence of that. They throw their dead weight to us but they will never sell a key player to us.
No, Ya ya is now not very good; and lasts for about 30 minutes - that's why we didn't sign him. Nothing to do with money - and I highly doubt cash was a factor with Matic. More likely an issue with how he would fit into Klopp s way of playing and the balance of the current squad.

nikz200

No, Ya ya is now not very good; and lasts for about 30 minutes - that's why we didn't sign him. Nothing to do with money - and I highly doubt cash was a factor with Matic. More likely an issue with how he would fit into Klopp s way of playing and the balance of the current squad.
The thing is we need to fill the squad, even Klopp said we need a experienced mid. I get that Matic doesnt fit the style but he is still a heck of a player who i think could have adapted to us and as for Yaya, he wouldnt have to start every game, but he would be someone useful to have on our bench and feature for 30 mins no? We have done similar moves with Bellamy and Kolo before , i dont see why not. Either way, we need another player , unless Klopp and the ownership can honestly tell us that the academy has someone who is ready to feature regularly in that position.

redfanman

TIA Regular
The thing is we need to fill the squad, even Klopp said we need a experienced mid. I get that Matic doesnt fit the style but he is still a heck of a player who i think could have adapted to us and as for Yaya, he wouldnt have to start every game, but he would be someone useful to have on our bench and feature for 30 mins no? We have done similar moves with Bellamy and Kolo before , i dont see why not. Either way, we need another player , unless Klopp and the ownership can honestly tell us that the academy has someone who is ready to feature regularly in that position.
There will be better options than Ya ya. The club appear to be looking at bringing someone in. I don't see the issue here.

[email protected]

Never seen him play and never even heard of him. Fate has it however, that his match is now live on my telly. That alone tells me that we will proceed to sign him. If I can stay awake I will attempt to provide a full report on our next signing (just have to find him first as I have no idea what he looks like and I missed the starting lineup)

[email protected]

Ha! Found him. Playing as a 6 in front of the back 3/4 (Can't tell as Napoli have just had all of the ball and pushing them right back). 11 minutes in and he's touched the ball thrice I think and not really been involved at all even on the defensive side. No tackles, intercept etc which is odd given Napoli's early dominance. First touch looks ok though

João Cunha

Banned Users
Unable to get Naby Keita from RB Leipzig, Liverpool management, according to latest news coming from French sources, are about to seal the deal with OGC Nice on Ivorian international playmaking midfielder Jean Michaël Seri (26). Previously close to AS Roma, and linked to Arsenal and Barcelona FC too, the African player is set to be traded on an about 22.5 million euros fee.

By: transfermarketweb

[email protected]

Not impressing. But then Nice are pretty shit it must be said. No pressing, sitting deep and just well... shit. 33 min in and they could have well been 3 or 4 down

I don't know anything about this Nice team, but one of the guys in the studio said they're playing more conservative than they usually do. More cautious in the way they defend, which I'm guessing means they normally press higher and more aggressively.

Not much to learn about Seri from the first 45, except that he's comfortable receiving the ball under pressure and moves it quickly. Napoli have been quick to close him down.

Alfred

Seri put in a decent freekick that's was well defended by Napoli. In this match Koubaly, Insigne, Mertens and Saint-max have looked the liveliest.

Isle

Banned Users
Not sure if this Napoli v Nice is a football match or an Olympic diving competition. Boring. zzzzzz

Regarding Seri, he's got world class playmaking skills and would provide exceptional creativity in our attack. I'd like to think if he does sign for Liverpool the "weather" nonsense would be a non issue.

NJLFCJake

If he was trying to not join Liverpool or Barca watching him today would be the perfect game. Absolutely dreadful.

richieh10

Would the medical he undergoes be more tailored because of his condition and therefore it's up to the medical team to advise on a situation...if this deal was to advance that far.
What you suggest they do conduct the medical down the freezer aisle at Tesco?

Status
Not open for further replies.