Jean Michael Seri (CM) OGC Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
I heard Zielinski is playing in the same match. Any good?

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Have a terrible feeling about this guy!
Still remember getting excited about Jean Michel Ferri...

Have a terrible feeling about this guy!
Still remember getting excited about Jean Michel Ferri...
Still thinking this transfer must happen. At least for us to have some option in midfield..these two games Hendo and Naldum played poorly..missing passes and runs into penalty box

melbournered

I heard Zielinski is playing in the same match. Any good?
Came on as a sub. Did a few good things. I watched this game specifically to see Serri play. Sits right in front of the back four. Fairly slow, doesn't run too far. Lays off short passes virtually all the time. Reminds me a lot of Aaron Mooy (the aussie player at Huddersfield) in his style of play.

spizfromoz

Came on as a sub. Did a few good things. I watched this game specifically to see Serri play. Sits right in front of the back four. Fairly slow, doesn't run too far. Lays off short passes virtually all the time. Reminds me a lot of Aaron Mooy (the aussie player at Huddersfield) in his style of play.
We should've bought Aaron Mooy. Great last week in Huddersfield's opener. Classy deep lying midfielder.

melbournered

Didn't like the fact that he showed little / no effort in tracking runners into his own box. Seemed to walk toward his own goal whilst Napoli had players breaking into the box
If i was a Liverpool scout i would have been horrified with that. I also think that him seeming to walk toward his own goal, is because he's bloody slow. Hmmm.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I don't believe in signing players just to sign players. Klopp seems to have a good handle on what he is looking for in a player, as he's been extremely selective in who he has chosen to target thus far. Thus, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. But Seri does not jump out as an exciting addition to the club.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
What worries me most about this transfer is the size of the player. 1.65 is awfuly short, especally for a central midfield player, and even more so in our relatively short squad troubled by defending set pieces.
This and the fact that he can't physically handle the cold.

nikz200

I dont understand this cold nonsense, i mean its Liverpool not Russia or some god forsaken snow covered country. Im sure he will be fine -.-

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Also our winters are getting warmer and wetter.

Or is that our summers... anyhow reminds me of a big fuss over nothing and something people want to use because they don't want to sign him. Reminds me of Lallana's fatigue.

liver1

Julian Draxler has apparently been told that he is surplus to requirements at PSG now that Neymar is there.

Although Draxler played largely left wing for PSG he played left wing and AM for Wolfsburg in equal numbers.

If we cant get Keita this season we ideally need to strengthen still, a lot can happen in a season. Seri or Draxler would represent good options to fill the gap whilst we wait for Keita.

Livvy

Alles wird gut

nikz200

Julian Draxler has apparently been told that he is surplus to requirements at PSG now that Neymar is there.

Although Draxler played largely left wing for PSG he played left wing and AM for Wolfsburg in equal numbers.

If we cant get Keita this season we ideally need to strengthen still, a lot can happen in a season. Seri or Draxler would represent good options to fill the gap whilst we wait for Keita.

I would buy both quite frankly, mainly cause we dont know the extent of this coutinho thing and we do need a deep lying mid who Seri can be. Draxler can help us through the middle or on the wings. At least that would make for a good team regardless of the Coutinho situation.

YeGra

I dont understand this cold nonsense, i mean its Liverpool not Russia or some god forsaken snow covered country. Im sure he will be fine -.-
It depends how severe it is doesn't it?

If he does get chilblains in our climate during the winter then it will affect his performances surely. Which means for November - February (a good chunk of our season his abilities might be impaired). But like I said, all down to the severity of it. That's down the medical teams and himself to decide.

Side note: wouldn't be emotionally invested in this one too much. The guardian have reported links which is fair play but this might be an Ox type rumours where there are credible links but our interest might not be that intense.

Esoteric

As far as I'm concerned, chilblains are uncomfortable, but far from debilitating, a bit like athlete's foot. It's also very manageable by changing out of wet socks and not heating up your feet too fast/hot after they have been cold and wet. What am I missing?

Danny_

What worries me most about this transfer is the size of the player. 1.65 is awfuly short, especally for a central midfield player, and even more so in our relatively short squad troubled by defending set pieces.
There isn't much difference between 5:4 and the 5:7 Coutinho he would be replacing. Both are next to useless in the air. So that doesn't worry me at all. If he is good enough, that is not a problem. The bit about not liking to play in the cold is worrying though.

Samwise the Brave

Sorry but there is a difference here. "Not liking" peanuts and being allergic to them are two different things. The guy apparently gets very painful sores in the cold - no need to slate him for being soft or something.

Having said that we really shouldn't be in for him if he truly has health concerns.

spizfromoz

Since we were in for Keita, buying Seri would be on top of keeping Phil. So even if Seri, or whoever we are actually buying, then we shouldn't anticipate Phil leaving. Though there would be a lot of click-bait saying otherwise.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Sounds like Barca will suit him better, climate wise at least. Glad we didn't get him TBH, but good luck at the Nou Circus , Jean... If you play really well and sort out your chilblanes you may be good enough that we'll buy you.

richieh10

It's frustrating that we have all these 'targets' but we don't seem to be bidding on them.

I always wonder why teams leave it so late in the window to conduct business.

Status
Not open for further replies.