• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jen Chang leaves LFC by mutual consent

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Kev it's because they probably use a low-cost, bargain recruiting company.

How they appoint people in leadership roles is really unbelievable. It's a joke and a disgrace at the same time.

Small businesses take recruiting more seriously than our "expert" owners who are worth what $10billion?

May be self-proclaimed PR masters and ruthless about their investments, but some amateur clowns in the way they operate. With one mistake after another, followed by an apology, an open letter and maybe, soon, an ice-cream to calm us down.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
That meeting at a restaurant in Manchester was a disatser in the making.

If there was an issue, they should have had a meeting at the club with this blogger and done it in the presence of a club lawyer and cleared up any issues.

This clock and dagger shit backfired...seriously.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
following your logic, lets get some american sawker players in too....theres a bloke down at fulham i think, we could nab him peice of piss, infact, might as well write the transfer up on the home page now.....
Nah, don't think that follows. On the pitch, the clear lesson is no one from the UK. Carroll, English. Henderson, English. Adam, Scottish. Downing, English.

Suarez, Uruguayan.

Clearly, LFC should be a club with South Americans winning games for North American administrators.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Ugh, I really liked this appointment, very disappointed he's gone. He'd really done a lot of clever moves. Will be very hard to replace.

All we've got is the word of one idiot to base our opinions on Chang, and while it does seem like he acted over the top, at the same time I'm glad we had a guy who was willing to act ballsy in the interests of the club.

More sails knocked off our ship.

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
  • Maybe John Henry gonna wake up soon with a horse head in his bed.
  • Maybe he reconsiders the firing after all.
  • Maybe Jen Chang gets a pay raise.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It isn't as if FSG has a huge mountain of trust built up with the fans. The simple truth is that any LFC official who doesn't meet the high standards of LFC fans will get the sack from FSG. Period. No matter who.
Pathetic way to defend someone without much substance. Again, LFC for you is Le FSG Club..... really.

@Arminius, how did you figure that 35% increase in commercial revenue?

K

Kev

Ugh, I really liked this appointment, very disappointed he's gone. He'd really done a lot of clever moves. Will be very hard to replace.

All we've got is the word of one idiot to base our opinions on Chang, and while it does seem like he acted over the top, at the same time I'm glad we had a guy who was willing to act ballsy in the interests of the club.

More sails knocked off our ship.
Well I'm pretty sure the club wouldnt issue a formal apology to the idiot on a whim. Chang has obviously admitted wrong doing or it's been proven. There's no way in hell would purposely make themselves look bad for no reason.

Chang acted disgracefully. He wasn't ballsy, he used livetpool football club and his status to try and bully someone who was a nuisance. Hes a joke and it can only be good the cretin has been dumped out on his arse.

DEVGRU

Chang acted disgracefully. He wasn't ballsy, he used livetpool football club and his status to try and bully someone who was a nuisance. Hes a joke and it can only be good the cretin has been dumped out on his arse.
You're tough. You must be special forces.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Well I'm pretty sure the club wouldnt issue a formal apology to the idiot on a whim. Chang has obviously admitted wrong doing or it's been proven. There's no way in hell would purposely make themselves look bad for no reason.

We have had to grit our teeth and issue apologies before when we haven't been in the wrong such as the Suarez v Evra thing.

And you admit to the guy being a nuisance to a person working towards Liverpools best interest but then complain that Chang tried to "bully" him AFTER Sean ignored a reasonable request on behalf of LFC, to do something Sean later did off his own back voluntarily?

DeathOrGlory

So much wrong with this.

You're willing to call Chang a nuisance and an idiot all based on the word of one man who masquerades as an LFC fan, potentially costing the clubs hundreds of thousands pounds? Baffling. remember this is a young man who had done extremely well in previous job, and no idiot or nuisance makes it into a position such as this.

IF what he said is true, of course I agree Chang acted over the top and deserved a very stern word from the hierarchy.

But one mistake should certainly not cost a man his job. Especially when he had already shown himself to be very competent at his new job here, with several interesting ideas to get the media, fans more onside with the human side of the club.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
We have had to grit our teeth and issue apologies before when we haven't been in the wrong such as the Suarez v Evra thing.

And you admit to the guy being a nuisance to a person working towards Liverpools best interest but then complain that Chang tried to "bully" him AFTER Sean ignored a reasonable request on behalf of LFC, to do something Sean later did off his own back voluntarily?
Now more than ever the evidence pointed to the fact that the dismissal of Kenny Dalglish has more to do with losing face than anything.... That bold part cost our former manager the job.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Now more than ever the evidence pointed to the fact that the dismissal of Kenny Dalglish has more to do with losing face than anything.... That bold part cost our former manager the job.

Have I missed something? You may well be right, looks like FSG wont stand for negative press no matter who is wrong or right, but thought Kenny said recently that the Suarez stuff had no impact?

DeathOrGlory

Have I missed something? You may well be right, looks like FSG wont stand for negative press no matter who is wrong or right, but thought Kenny said recently that the Suarez stuff had no impact?
For all we know Kenny might have said in the final interview in Boston that he wanted another 100 Million to splash out on more Downings, JWH said he isn't going to let Kenny in charge of that much money again, Kenny said he will either have it his way or the highway, and FSG obliged him by sacking.

Wish all this speculation over him would go, because it's just that, speculation. No one here knows the circumstances surrounding Kenny before he went, people just need to accept he's gone and won't be the returning legend to take us make to the top of football again.

Fact is that if Kenny didn't have his past history with us, many, many more people would have been happy to see him go. It was always a risking move going for a past legend, as when he would leave it would always sting that little bit more. He was never the man FSG really wanted in the manager seat, he was the fans manager. Take off those red tinted glasses and the reality was much scarier back in May. Opposition fans were laughing their arses off at us and our manager.

Back on topic.

K

Kev

So much wrong with this.

You're willing to call Chang a nuisance and an idiot all based on the word of one man who masquerades as an LFC fan, potentially costing the clubs hundreds of thousands pounds? Baffling. remember this is a young man who had done extremely well in previous job, and no idiot or nuisance makes it into a position such as this.

IF what he said is true, of course I agree Chang acted over the top and deserved a very stern word from the hierarchy.

But one mistake should certainly not cost a man his job. Especially when he had already shown himself to be very competent at his new job here, with several interesting ideas to get the media, fans more onside with the human side of the club.
I think we'll have to just agree to disagree. I can't even begin to comprehend how you say what you're saying and keep a straight face.

This 'mistake' was a serious one. It is obviously true otherwise he wouldnt have been sacked. He could sue the arse off the club otherwise.

I jought Chang was an idiot long before he came here. He's smug, obnoxious and has too high an opinion of himself.

Take Jenkins out the equation as it could have been anyone. The correct protocol is to take it to the board and discuss how to deal with it. He decided to go vigilante warrior on him, threatened him and thought he could shut the guy up. He used the club but acted entirely independently and disgracefully.

I don't expect you to agree with me. But any neutral would look at what he did and say its a disgrace and pretty embarrassing.

Again I repeat, of the club didn't have any proof of wrong doing, and Chang strongly denied it LFC would be sued the shit out of as this would ruin his career. Again your entitled to your own view, that's fine, but more people will take my view than yours I'm afraid.

Good riddance.

K

Kev

You're tough. You must be special forces.
Haha, what a jumped up little warrior you are. Where have I suggested such thing? Please tell me I'd like to know?

I said he's a cretin an I'm glad he's been sacked. Where on earth have I suggested that I am anything like te description you've given?

What a weird little man you are.

How old are you out of interest?

DEVGRU

I jought Chang was an idiot long before he came here. He's smug, obnoxious and has too high an opinion of himself.

Good riddance.
Don't mean to be picky but did you know Chang before he moved to the UK or something?

K

Kev

14 going on 15 :)

I can't be a man...surely sir! I am but an innocent child who has never tasted the sweet lips of a mature woman. I tell you right now sir that would be un-gentlemanly!
Look how childish you are:

So far you've given the old classic "do you know him lol". No I don't FYI. I explained why I formed my opinion. I could be wrong but recent events seem to suggest not.

You've said I "must be tough" because I don't like someone.

And that last post which is just pretty strange.

I'm not going to argue with your mate. You're clearly a very special young lad and have a bit of a social issue which is why you seem to be picking fights on the interweb.

Good luck to you sir.

Iron_Zombie

Fuck me this place delves to low depths sometimes and it appears to be a select few who constantly cause trouble. Considering some of the people spouting crap are meant to be adults it is quite embarrassing really.

Dublin_Kopite

TIA Legend
Yeah, there's a few quite embarrassing comments from our returning psychotic member..
Some of them are a new low, even for some of the seasoned trolls we have had over the years.
Cringeworthy....

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
The simple truth is that any LFC official who doesn't meet the high standards of FSG will get the sack from FSG. Period. No matter who.
Ammended your post to give it a bit more credibility.
Shame they dont apply those same standards to their own practices.

Iron_Zombie

It isn't as if FSG has a huge mountain of trust built up with the fans. The simple truth is that any LFC official who doesn't meet the high standards of LFC fans will get the sack from FSG. Period. No matter who.
You'll find that the majority of fans, before he was sacked (this was as mutually consented leave as it was with Comolli) were actually quite supportive of Chang and thought Jenkins was talking bollocks. So it had nothing happened and had he stayed in position, I don't think any of the fans would have been arsed.

As it happens he's been sacked and it seems to suggest that there was quite an element in truth in the allegations, which makes the whole thing completely amateurish.

All the bad PR from this has been completely our own doing. No one to blame here but ourselves. Had we gone about this properly we'd have gone through more formal channels with lawyers involved. Instead we have a guy who seems out of his depth appointed by the owners creating bad PR when his job entails to minimise such a thing.

It's not high standards on this one, it was just a massive own goal and basic stuff really to get wrong.

DEVGRU

Ammended your post to give it a bit more credibility.
Shame they dont apply those same standards to their own practices.
Its a pity things have happened the way they have but if Werner is the guy who is actually making the majority of decisions behind the scenes and is the go-to guy for Ayre...I can see why things have been handled very badly from the Suarez issue onwards.

You'll find that the majority of fans, before he was sacked (this was as mutually consented leave as it was with Comolli) were actually quite supportive of Chang and thought Jenkins was talking bollocks. So it had nothing happened and had he stayed in position, I don't think any of the fans would have been arsed.

As it happens he's been sacked and it seems to suggest that there was quite an element in truth in the allegations, which makes the whole thing completely amateurish.

All the bad PR from this has been completely our own doing. No one to blame here but ourselves. Had we gone about this properly we'd have gone through more formal channels with lawyers involved. Instead we have a guy who seems out of his depth appointed by the owners creating bad PR when his job entails to minimise such a thing.

It's not high standards on this one, it was just a massive own goal and basic stuff really to get wrong.
It's actually disappointing but if we put aside the Suarez debacle, this incident appears to be a one off. Pity he didn't last very long but it doesn't bode well for people's impressions (be it 'first impressions') of FSG.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member

Agreed.

Wish all this speculation over him would go, because it's just that, speculation.
One thing that is above speculation is the fact that Dalglish has more than enough integrity and love for the club to make any statement which would paint anyone still at the club in a bad light.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
The club issued the apology, the same day as Hurricane Sandy hit America.

Chang has apparently been in America since then, and has not returned to Liverpool (according to reports). So given he has not worked for the club since the statement, I think its more likely to be a sacking. Rather "mutual consent".
Then definitely there must have been a compensation package discussed between him and LFC for sure.
If we stop sacking every one left,right and centre and rather spend the severence package on buying players i believe we would have been in top 4 by now.

Atleast now we should appoint a proper, established person for the posts and make sure that they work for the club well and for atleast 3/4 bloody years.

Iron_Zombie

It's actually disappointing but if we put aside the Suarez debacle, this incident appears to be a one off. Pity he didn't last very long but it doesn't bode well for people's impressions (be it 'first impressions') of FSG.
Well the Suarez thing was several consecutive own goals made all combining into one big massive fuck up.

We also had Ayre coming out with the likes of Bolton not deserving their foreign TV rights money as they don't have fans abroad - that was a great move in building relations with other club chairmen.

There was the Dempsey affair were FSG's sports website said he had signed for us - that led to us being reported to the premier league and his fee being increased to the point we couldn't afford him because of how we acted.

Comolli leaving by 'mutual consent' the day before the FA cup semi final only to then say he was actually sacked (as if we didn't know anyway - just come out with it straight).

The statement from Ayre that effectively trophies don't matter anymore and it's all about 4th place (not in those words but that was the general gist).

The sacking of Dalglish and the recruitment process to bring Rodgers in (depends on your opinion - personally I think that was handled very poorly).

Plus the whole Chang / Jenkins shite.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head but these last 18 months have been one own goal after the other. It's just embarrassing. I think Rich said it once, he can sort of take being shit, but what he can't take is being a laughing stock. I agree with that sentiment. We are the new Newcastle of 4 years ago.