• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Jen Chang leaves LFC by mutual consent

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
right so,agree a fee doesn't mean confirmed. it was still nesn/fenway that first said dempsey had signed.hence all the problems?
Think you are arguing on thin ground here. The Mail dedicate the first half of that article talking in depth about how a fee had been agreed, the confirmation would be in next few days after the formalities (medical, terms) had been sorted. Its usually at that stage that most people consider a player "signed".

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
i'd say its the other way to be fair.you seem to want to defend fenway no matter what.i'm saying the way they ran that webite and the way the story went out is systematic of the problems fsg have with running lfc.not having the right people in place.the dude i mentioned elsewhere in this thread,the lfc writer is an arsenal fan for christsake!
lol I restrained myself from writing something in my post about people wanting to see the worst in everything FSG do. I have plenty of issues with FSG, hiring Comolli, sacking Kenny, sacking Chang and not realising that Werner cant be an active Chairman from Boston and we need a CEO (My choice is Dein btw, an Arsenal fan lol). But I dont understand how people constantly find sticks to beat them with that have little or nothing to do with them. NESN a news agency got some news wrong (other papers followed on from the Mails "scoop" too not just NESN) unless Henry and Werner are actually writing or at least editing NESNs stories I dont see how they can be blamed even if they do own it. I dont think they have that level of control other their assets if you do thats up to you.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
I still wouldn't have fired him over this. I just don't think it's fair to essentially accuse the owners of making a poor hiring decision in Chang because of an incident they had no way of foreseeing.

People who are portraying this as proof in the pudding that FSG should never have hired Chang in the first place are just using any excuse to crucify the owners. A fluke incident like this doesn't mean FSG are somehow incompetent or hired the 'wrong guy'.
Absolutely agree with you. But then again, why did they feel they had to fire him then? Isn't this a further indication of them being trigger-happy? Incompetence not in appointing wrong people, but failing to have patience with them, to display a bit of patience and loyalty, to see the positives rather than the negatives and fire them right-away?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Employed as a PR man and comes over all godfather on a guy who lives on Twitter. That's why he had to go, gross stupidity. Would anybody honestly continue to entrust what's left of our club's name and reputation in his hands? Absolutely not me.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Employed as a PR man and comes over all godfather on a guy who lives on Twitter. That's why he had to go, gross stupidity. Would anybody honestly continue to entrust what's left of our club's name and reputation in his hands? Absolutely not me.
In the eyes of whom? Can you show me anyone but distrustful Liverpool fans made bitter by the legacy of Hicks and Gillet that actually give a shit about this incident? Are there supporters of other clubs chanting about LFC and Chang? Have any opposition managers brought up in their press conferences how Liverpool should be embarrassed or shameful about the actions of an individual? Have fans of this club turned away from watching games because they are in moral opposition to a club that continues to hire someone who was guilty of nothing more than being a bit of a foolish twat? Is there really anyone else who thinks that Chang has legitimately damaged this club's image?

Show me any of those things and I'll eat my hat. Stupid though Chang's actions may have been, what we have seen in response is Liverpool supporters turning on one of their own, ready to tear down anyone in the club's structure who they perceive as anything less than perfect. Ever since Hicks and Gillett drove this club into the ground, Liverpool supporters have had their knives out for literally anyone who comes near the club. If you want to talk about this club's reputation, maybe we should talk about the growing reputation for having a militant fanbase that attacks its own.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
In the eyes of whom? Can you show me anyone but distrustful Liverpool fans made bitter by the legacy of Hicks and Gillet that actually give a shit about this incident? Are there supporters of other clubs chanting about LFC and Chang? Have any opposition managers brought up in their press conferences how Liverpool should be embarrassed or shameful about the actions of an individual? Have fans of this club turned away from watching games because they are in moral opposition to a club that continues to hire someone who was guilty of nothing more than being a bit of a foolish twat? Is there really anyone else who thinks that Chang has legitimately damaged this club's image?

Show me any of those things and I'll eat my hat. Stupid though Chang's actions may have been, what we have seen in response is Liverpool supporters turning on one of their own, ready to tear down anyone in the club's structure who they perceive as anything less than perfect. Ever since Hicks and Gillett drove this club into the ground, Liverpool supporters have had their knives out for literally anyone who comes near the club. If you want to talk about this club's reputation, maybe we should talk about the growing reputation for having a militant fanbase that attacks its own.
Just typed out War and Peace in response and laptop blue screened..... To summarise:

My love for our club is not rooted in the media nor other people's opinions. I follow us as closely as I can, mainly on radio commentary. I don't read the papers (why on god's good earth would anybody?) and I don't watch much TV. I don't really care about other's opinions of our club. After all, I hate United but I know it doesn't bother their fans.

I am proud of our club. I am proud of our heritage, our history and our glorious victories. I'll take the regular ribbing from City and United fans safe in the knowledge that we once owned Europe and I hope and wish that we will one day do again.

But I felt utterly ashamed at Suarez's and the club's conduct during the whole sorry episode that ultimately saw the sacking of Kenny. Because it was all over the papers? Because it was all over Sky news? Because of what Stan Collymore was tweeting? No, because I knew in my heart that what he had done and the club's response was wrong. I couldn’t argue that it was lost in translation, nor that he didn’t mean it as IMHO I knew that he was guilty. There where so many failing on so many levels that it was hard to believe that such a big business as Liverpool is could be run so badly for so long. You see I try to see the truth in everything. Not the truth according to my agenda and loves. Ask Mrs PTT, I'm always trying to see the actual situation in her regular work place dramas, not just her side. She hates that about me because I'm not automatically on her side as I'm looking to see the real situation. The same was absolutely true during Suarez gate. One poster on here even told me my interpretation was wrong and directed me to another post in another thread that explained exactly why he was innocent and why I was wrong. How can an opinion on a subjective subject be wrong? Because it didn’t agree with the blind faith in LFC mentality is why.

But the vast majority of the population(not just football fans) will defend their own to the death in the face of overwhelming evidence, proof and circumstances. Some just choose not to see the wood for the trees. Others can’t see the trees if they’re not red or striped or sold by Tesco.

As for Chang, everybody makes mistakes. I’ve done some howlers, we all have. But if you’re employed as director of communication and you handle a situation like this so badly, it’s just proof that you’re really not up to the job. It’s almost as bad as wearing t-shirts supporting a footballer who was later found guilty of using racist language, a verdict that he didn’t appeal. We’re 4 square behind the bad guy then, great.

Back to your post, I have my knife out for anybody who makes my club look stupid, foolish, amateurish and perform badly through gross negligence and poor conduct. Pretty much the same rules I have for my own staff. You can get it wrong, you can step out of line and you can have a good length or rope. But if you get one of our core rules wrong, sorry sunshine, there’s the door. Read in there insulting a person’s colour and suggesting all the nasty things that might happen to a person if they didn’t “come out” on twitter.

I have a moral compass which I try to live by. I use it to judge my life and the lives and events around me. I have some strong opinions and I like to express them. They are a part of me. And so when a person employed by my club acts like Chang did, it’s not the opinion of the media and other fans that I care about, it’s the fact that I fundamentally and utterly disagree with his conduct and as a consequence, I feel let down and ashamed to call myself a Liverpool fan. IMHO our reputation (which is vital for signing players, sponsorship etc) is damaged. He let the club down, he let the staff down, he let the players down and he let me down. If you’re not bothered, that’s your call but please don’t ever assume that all fans care about the media’s opinions and are blind to their own sense of “right and wrong”

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Ask Mrs PTT, I'm always trying to see the actual situation in her regular work place dramas, not just her side. She hates that about me because I'm not automatically on her side as I'm looking to see the real situation.
Let me just say, from one married guy to another, that you're better off just taking her side. She is right and they are wrong. Always. When women vent this way, they don't really want you to try and solve their problems, they just want to have an ear while they slam their coworkers and blame them for conspiracies and general cnut-like behavior. It will go against your personal moral fiber but remember that it's not her colleagues that you've sworn a lifetime commitment to.. :p

Reactions: ptt

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Let me just say, from one married guy to another, that you're better off just taking her side. She is right and they are wrong. Always. When women vent this way, they don't really want you to try and solve their problems, they just want to have an ear while they slam their coworkers and blame them for conspiracies and general cnut-like behavior. It will go against your personal moral fiber but remember that it's not her colleagues that you've sworn a lifetime commitment to.. :p
You're absolutely right, an easy life is the way of the yes man. I don't want an easy life ;)