• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Joe Cole to QPR/West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
If it was 'just' 1.35M, I'd be less pleased to get rid of the millstone he has been. That would have been a reasonable outlay for a veteran off the bench.Check your math, 18 months = 78 weeks, in that time he was paid over 7M. You better have enjoyed those goals, they cost 1.4M apiece.
But he is a squad player. If we keep Assaidi for another 18 months before letting him go, he will cost us 5.4 mil for 18 months service (assume 30k a week wage including bonus). If we let Cole go to Westham and pay off 50k a week like suggested. We will only save 3 mil, 55% of what we will pay for Assaidi.

I means the point here is not about how little Cole contributed in the last 2 seasons + his 90k wages. But as asset, he (for the next 18 months)costed as little as 55% of Assaidi now. Can he justify that cost and contribute to the team (if he stays) more than 55% what Assaidi will contribute? The answer is either "yes", or "unsure, can't really tell".

I don't want to keep Joe Cole. But i think the 50k-a-week-pay-off is a stupid idea. If it was not made up by the press (like that piece about how we paid Sahin 5 mil loan fee + 5 mil wage for 1 year service) then the club just screwed up the deal

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Time to close the thread. Seems like its done.
Joe Cole completes West Ham move:
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/joe-cole-completes-west-ham-move

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Sorry for Joe that it didn't work out for him and wish him the best for the future.

That said I'm glad he is off our books.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Good luck Joe, I wish it had worked out, disappointed that it didn't.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Well with Carroll on loan, Cole gone now, and Downing stepping it up a bit, who will be the fans favourite to give endless shit to?

The reported £3 million payoff to Cole equates to 33 weeks with him at the club.
As long as he's replaced with at least an able squad option then no problem, but if not, then what was the point?

S

Sgt. Pepper

Well with Carroll on loan, Cole gone now, and Downing stepping it up a bit, who will be the fans favourite to give endless shit to?
Assaidi, I'd presume. A ghost that cost £3m and literally sits on £5m 4-year contract?

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Assaidi, I'd presume. A ghost that cost £3m and literally sits on £5m 4-year contract?
If he doesn't play against Mansfield, then I just don't really know what to make of Assaidi any more. I think he's looked pretty good on the few occasions he's been played, I can't really explain why he hasn't featured more.

LiVeRp0oL89

Just my opinion but I think Assaidi is in Brendan's plans, as well as Coates. Both clearly have big potential and just need games to show it.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Pacheco leave this month or summer definately, same with Doni. Downing will likely leave in the summer now due to his upturn in form whilst Carragher will retire at the end of this season.

Other than those names, I can't recall any 'outcasts' so to speak that will be left in the squad come the summer. Danny Wilson maybe??

S

Sgt. Pepper

Did this move happen soon enough for him to play against Manure on Sunday?
Cole will hope that 'great time' begins with a second memorable FA Cup triumph over Manchester United. He was just 19 when West Ham scored a shock 1-0 fourth-round win at Old Trafford in January 2001 courtesy of Di Canio's unforgettable winner.

"We can do it again. It's a different team and a different era but at the end of the day I've come here to play football, I love playing football, and what better way to do it than against Manchester United at home.

"I'm just going to go out there, like I've always done, and give it my all and we have enough quality experienced players here to do something special."

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130104/cole-comes-home_2236884_3027456

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
So, it's official. I remember how ecstatic I was when I heard we signed him. Oh, well... Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.