Jorginho (DM) Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...plans-include-napoli-midfielder-jorginho/amp/

The Times‘ Paul Joyce was the first to link him with us so that should be enough to start this thread - which by the way is my first transfer rumor thread.
I never really saw him play and I won’t do soon because I stopped the 'YouTube scouting' after Lazar Markovic looked like Messi on YouTube but turned out to be just ... Lazar Markovic...
From what I know about him I think he would be a great addition - no matter if Emre Can leaves or not.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I think 'deep lying playmaker' , 'controller' and 'tactician' would describe him best - not expecting him to be a hard tackling Mascherano type of player.

I think we were the first club to be linked with him and reliable sources believe we are favorites to land his signature but Arsenal and the Manchester Clubs are also in the mix. A possible fee between £50-60m should be enough and could be great business in today’s market.

What I don’t really get is the fact that he is one of their main players, Napoli are in a race with Juve for the championship, they can offer CL football next season and of course they can easily offer him a better contract. Why does he want to leave and why are Napoli so open to sell?

The last time I had such an optimistic feeling rightaway was with VvD so I hope we'll sign him and it won’t take as long as it did with VvD.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...plans-include-napoli-midfielder-jorginho/amp/

The Times‘ Paul Joyce was the first to link him with us so that should be enough to start this thread - which by the way is my first transfer rumor thread.
I never really saw him play and I won’t do soon because I stopped the 'YouTube scouting' after Lazar Markovic looked like Messi on YouTube but turned out to be just ... Lazar Markovic...
From what I know about him I think he would be a great addition - no matter if Emre Can leaves or not.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I think 'deep lying playmaker' , 'controller' and 'tactician' would describe him best - not expecting him to be a hard tackling Mascherano type of player.

I think we were the first club to be linked with him and reliable sources believe we are favorites to land his signature but Arsenal and the Manchester Clubs are also in the mix. A possible fee between £50-60m should be enough and could be great business in today’s market.

What I don’t really get is the fact that he is one of their main players, Napoli are in a race with Juve for the championship, they can offer CL football next season and of course they can easily offer him a better contract. Why does he want to leave and why are Napoli so open to sell?

The last time I had such an optimistic feeling rightaway was with VvD so I hope we'll sign him and it won’t take as long as it did with VvD.
Your idea of him is spot on in my opinion. Very much a controller and tempo setter.
The reason I think Napoli will consider selling him is essentially the price he can command. They're not a cash rich club that can afford to hold onto £60m players , but they have also pretty much wrapped his replacement in signing Torreira .

vermontrojo

They have Diawara for that position as well. If they do sign torreira I’d be really surprised if they keep Jorginho.
Your idea of him is spot on in my opinion. Very much a controller and tempo setter.
The reason I think Napoli will consider selling him is essentially the price he can command. They're not a cash rich club that can afford to hold onto £60m players , but they have also pretty much wrapped his replacement in signing Torreira .
have

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Another one that wont happen,but a quality DM would definitely not go astray.
Hendo has been OK there but a specialsed DM would allow him to play further forward.
And given Can is being cute,as is his right,I suppose,as to where he is next season,we need to look at ourselves.

GermanRed

Another one that wont happen,but a quality DM would definitely not go astray.
Hendo has been OK there but a specialsed DM would allow him to play further forward.
And given Can is being cute,as is his right,I suppose,as to where he is next season,we need to look at ourselves.
Did i miss something or why do you write it won't happen?

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
There's also Torreira, another extremely predictable transfer that Napoli could make this summer in case Jorginho leaves. I could see why they would sell him, replace him with Torreira and use Diawara more often, that's precisely what clubs like Napoli have to do in order to "float", stay near the top, perhaps overperform for a season in order to win something - a bit like Liverpool under Rafa. Same goes for Roma over Alisson.

I like him a lot as a player, though I'm not sure if he'd be the one to take care of Liverpool's midfield control issues, mainly because he league is faster and won't give him that much time on the ball. That said, for someone with such skill (not quite Pirlo but very good first touch and ball distribution, both long and short), he's deceptively aggressive, he's not afraid to get stuck in. Can't think of many other options for this role, so I'll be watching him a bit closer until the end of the season.

vjcpatriot

Jorginho would be an upgrade over Can if this move does happen so I hope it does. Just a rumor at this stage but at least the source seems somewhat credible. A midfield of Keita and Jorginho would be quite talented and have some defending to it as well.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
According to Italian press, his agent has already met with representatives of Man United and Man City. I hope Man United keep Fellaini instead.

Jayus20

According to Italian press, his agent has already met with representatives of Man United and Man City. I hope Man United keep Fellaini instead.
On the basis no one reliable is reporting this and the Metro is reporting it I think I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

His agent surely realises United isn't the right football club for a player like him seeing as he works best as the deepest midfielder in a 3 and they already have Matic who plays as the deepest midfielder. Even with City's current set up he doesn't really fit in as it requires a CDM and he likes to play as the deepest midfielder. Plus from what I knew they were interested in Fred from Shaktar so I really don't see them going for Jorginho as well. I really don't think it's even questionable that we are by far the most suited for a player like him with our set up being extremely similar to Napoli's, he'd barely have to change his game at all.

I guess we'll just have to see but I think signing a regista of his quality is pretty imperative to a title challenge next season.

SC LFC Fan

I would be gutted if he went to United. A lot of players I don't care for even if I rate them (Sanchez/Pogba), or realize they're on the downside of their prime/career (Zlatan), or have never really rated as highly as their hype (Lukaku). So I don't care much if they go because it easily fits into my mental hatred of the club (Mourinho and United were a perfect marriage for my hating purposes)

But I actually want Jorginho. Like him as a player and think he'd fit our squad and its need well.

Hate when players or coaches I like go to a rival. Hated seeing Conte go to Chelsea, and would hate seeing Jorginho go to United.

GermanRed

I would be gutted if he went to United. A lot of players I don't care for even if I rate them (Sanchez/Pogba), or realize they're on the downside of their prime/career (Zlatan), or have never really rated as highly as their hype (Lukaku). So I don't care much if they go because it easily fits into my mental hatred of the club (Mourinho and United were a perfect marriage for my hating purposes)

But I actually want Jorginho. Like him as a player and think he'd fit our squad and its need well.

Hate when players or coaches I like go to a rival. Hated seeing Conte go to Chelsea, and would hate seeing Jorginho go to United.
Agree with you.

He doesn't seem to be a Mourinho type of player IMO. If i'm not mistaken Mourinho prefers players who are more 'defensive destroyers' for that #6 role and Jorginho seems to be a deep lying playmaker.

zman89

Can see him playing next to Matic in a 4-2-3-1 for the mancs. Don't think Mourinho would go for such a "fragile" player though. Long ball football needs huge players, hence why he's trying so hard to extend Fellaini's contract.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)

NYRhockey

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Status
Not open for further replies.