Jorginho (DM) Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koon

Very bad englando. I'm so sorry.
Fernandinho is 32 so for me I think Fred is the natural replacement.
That kid Foden will be playing sooner rather than later.. He is a fantastic talent and one Pep has raved about already.
I know he plays alongside Stepanenko in a midfield two and Stepanenko is the more defensive of the two. If Fred is one for the deepest role or one of the #8's (or able to cover both), we'll see, if City get him. Fernandinho gets a new deal yes, doesn't mean he remains a guaranteed starter if a better competition for his place arrives instead of Yaya and does well. Like I said, I believe we'll have a proper chance of attracting Jorginho if we want him (putting my opinion and emotion aside, he's an interesting target for sure, but I'm a bit careful with this one), but I wouldn't yet call us something like clear favourites to get him solely relying on 'game time'. There will be multiple things to consider, like always.
Unless Guardiola pull another "Messi false 9", Fred is not a DM. He is a B2B, number 8, a good passer with good vitality. He used to play for Internacional as the most offensive midfielder in 4-3-3. He is a Silva/KDB backup, not Fernandinho's backup.

Actually, it would make a lot of sense for Guardiola to have Jorginho. Fernandinho is getting old and there's no substitute on his level in the squad. Jesus Christ, I'm worried now lol.

schmee

Master of Ashla and Bogan.
Spurs aren't linked with him, they prefer Diawara apparently.
Sorry to possibly drag this thread off in a tangent. I've no seen much of Jorginho and so don't know but how would he compare to someone like Diawara? (only picking his name out of the many other players that have been mentioned in this thread as I quite like the lad).

Jayus20

Sorry to possibly drag this thread off in a tangent. I've no seen much of Jorginho and so don't know but how would he compare to someone like Diawara? (only picking his name out of the many other players that have been mentioned in this thread as I quite like the lad).
Well if I was going to compare Jorginho to anyone in our past he's basically very similar to Xabi Alonso. He's a deep lying play maker who likes to create from deep and control the tempo of the game. Excellent passing range and vision, he does some outstanding lob balls and through balls for the forwards at Napoli (and even did a couple against England the other night for Immobile and Insigne). He reads the game really well which often means he's able to intercept the ball and he's a decent enough tackler as well. He plays his best in the #6 role of a midfield 3 (ie where Henderson currently plays). Even though he's okay defensively he would require someone a bit more defensively strong next to him to help out (which is what Allan does for him at Napoli) but that's perfect with us having Keita coming in. He's basically the perfect match for our squad in my eyes, just a huge upgrade on Henderson all round really other than aerially. Napoli have a very similar style to us and midfield set up to us so I really don't think it would take long for him to adjust neither. They're all about pressing high and quick transitions just like us.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Unless Guardiola pull another "Messi false 9", Fred is not a DM. He is a B2B, number 8, a good passer with good vitality. He used to play for Internacional as the most offensive midfielder in 4-3-3. He is a Silva/KDB backup, not Fernandinho's backup.

Actually, it would make a lot of sense for Guardiola to have Jorginho. Fernandinho is getting old and there's no substitute on his level in the squad. Jesus Christ, I'm worried now lol.
Yeah that was my impression from what I've seen from Shakhtar this season. Fred and Gundogan would be backup for Silva and De Bruyne, which basically means they could get two midfielders this summer as they need a replacement (upgrade) for Yaya too. I don't think people like Delph or Zinchenko will compete for those midfield spots next season and Foden even if he's talented and rated is a very long shot.

Jayus20

One like on Twitter and some fans just think that this is a confirmed transfer
Instagram! Obvs done weeks ago... I kid. But genuinely hope we wrap up a deal for him ASAP after the season ends. Preferably before the World Cup even though Italy aren’t going. Think Jorginho, Keita and Ox in midfield for us next season would be unbelievable and probably the best midfield we’ve had since Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano.

MW2833

Instagram! Obvs done weeks ago... I kid. But genuinely hope we wrap up a deal for him ASAP after the season ends. Preferably before the World Cup even though Italy aren’t going. Think Jorginho, Keita and Ox in midfield for us next season would be unbelievable and probably the best midfield we’ve had since Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano.
Oh yeah it was Instagramlol

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Liverpool have had their better transfer windows these years. From the signing of Solanke on a free (one for the future) , we've got Robertson, VVD,Salah and Keita soon following.

This sets the core of the side up really well, addresses the weaknesses in defense to a large extent while at it too. As far as Jorginho is concerned, I'll be a bit sceptical (still) mainly cause of the league that he plays in. The same league is making Lucas look a brilliant player with an outside chance of even being called up for the Braziliian wc squad. A Salah success might just be an exception to that rule. Look at the players who've thrived in Serie A like Pogba etc struggling in the PL.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Liverpool have had their better transfer windows these years. From the signing of Solanke on a free (one for the future) , we've got Robertson, VVD,Salah and Keita soon following.

This sets the core of the side up really well, addresses the weaknesses in defense to a large extent while at it too. As far as Jorginho is concerned, I'll be a bit sceptical (still) mainly cause of the league that he plays in. The same league is making Lucas look a brilliant player with an outside chance of even being called up for the Braziliian wc squad. A Salah success might just be an exception to that rule. Look at the players who've thrived in Serie A like Pogba etc struggling in the PL.
Pogba isn't struggling because of the league switch though. With him it's much more an issue with his strengths and a team balancing thing. Likewise Lucas, even when here was on tje fringes of the national squad and it was often a fitness issue as to why he didnt play more.

Pogba in our team will be a world class player..No two ways about that..His energy, shooting and with age on his side he is a world class player..He just looks ordinary under Mourinho which is no surprise considering he let Salah, De Bruyne, Robben, Sturridge leave the club as they were ordinary under him..

Last edited:

GermanRed

Is there an english source that gives ratings and writes a few words on performances like we know from the ECHO or TIA? Would be really nice to get that for our targets after each game they play.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Is there an english source that gives ratings and writes a few words on performances like we know from the ECHO or TIA? Would be really nice to get that for our targets after each game they play.
Top 4, a CL semi final, and watching Salah break the goals record for a 38 game season should be enough to whet appetites of any target. A match review...footballers don't read.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Pogba in our team will be a world class player..No two ways about that..His energy, shooting and with age on his side he is a world class player..He just looks ordinary under Mourinho which is no surprise considering he let Salah, De Bruyne, Robben, Sturridge leave the club as they were ordinary under him..
Wumming at its finest....

[email protected]

Tbf, I do think Mr Emoji himself could be a beast of a player in the right setup and under the right manager. He has all the right attributes and talent. Problem is not just the setup and manager though. He also appears to be a complete fuckwit thus making the right manager and setup completely irrelevant.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
He likes Pogba, I can't see how he's winding people up. Complimenting Pogba by putting Mourinho down has been done to death in this forum. While none of us may agree we will go for Pogba, he is a pretty good player in a very bad setup for him to shine.

Pogba is an arsehole whose possible world beating talent will never be fully reached with whoever the fucking manager is,he's happy barely breaking a sweat and the wages he's on shows he doesn't have to,but the merchandising must be fantastic.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Pogba is an arsehole whose possible world beating talent will never be fully reached with whoever the fucking manager is,he's happy barely breaking a sweat and the wages he's on shows he doesn't have to,but the merchandising must be fantastic.
Sounds like a certain Mario...not the Nintendo one.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
He likes Pogba, I can't see how he's winding people up. Complimenting Pogba by putting Mourinho down has been done to death in this forum. While none of us may agree we will go for Pogba, he is a pretty good player in a very bad setup for him to shine.
There's liking him and then there's proclaiming him as being someone that would be world class in our team. That smacks in the face of everything we know about Klopp and the types of people he wants in the team and work with.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
This is about Jorginho, remember. Not Pogba.

That said, all signs are currently pointing to Jorginho going to Manchester City now where he can join the other players who sit on their bench and make a fortune.

redfanman

TIA Regular

That said, all signs are currently pointing to Jorginho going to Manchester City now where he can join the other players who sit on their bench and make a fortune.
I wonder at what point City signings move from buying who they believe they need, to buying who we believe we need...Both clubs are probably chasing the same players but it will be interesting to see how this continues to develop.

GermanRed

I'd be hugely dissapointed tbh. My only hope right now is that at some point the media wrote that City won the race to sign VvD and we all know how that ended.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I'd be hugely dissapointed tbh. My only hope right now is that at some point the media wrote that City won the race to sign VvD and we all know how that ended.
There's a huge difference between Van Dijk's move and this fella. Van Dijk did come out in public stating he wants to play for Klopp, Jorginho didn't. So losing this move would not surprise me because the player didn't profess his allegiance to our club or our manager.

As soon as I read this quote (around the time England played Italy), I thought he wanted City:

"There are English teams with this style of play, ball on the ground, quick transitions, high pressure. If one of those teams wanted me, I could fit and the other way round. My football way is not an usual one."

So we wanted Goretzka, and he's gone to Bayern (how's that for some motivation for the final?). So Jorginho might be going to Man City. We are, at least, looking in the right places. Some targets we will get, and some we won't. (1) It's part of the journey of rising from the ashes, and (2) it even happens to City (VvD). We will be just fine.

GermanRed

As soon as I read this quote (around the time England played Italy), I thought he wanted City:

"There are English teams with this style of play, ball on the ground, quick transitions, high pressure. If one of those teams wanted me, I could fit and the other way round. My football way is not an usual one."

So we wanted Goretzka, and he's gone to Bayern (how's that for some motivation for the final?). So Jorginho might be going to Man City. We are, at least, looking in the right places. Some targets we will get, and some we won't. (1) It's part of the journey of rising from the ashes, and (2) it even happens to City (VvD). We will be just fine.
I thought that he is talking about uslol - could be both tbh but definetely not ManU

I thought that he is talking about uslol - could be both tbh but definetely not ManU
Remember, Fernandinho said we like to play long balls!

It's actually interesting that Man City would want Jorginho because a lot of his final passes are aerial, regardless of his comments about liking to play with the ball on the ground. It doesn't strike me as "Pep's way". Klopp, on the other hand, is far less purist about how the ball arrives at the front.

GermanRed

So Napoli lost 3-0 today. CB Koulibaly was sent off after 8 minutes with a red card. Jorginho was taken out and a defender came in - wrong decision as i would say that Jorginho is their most important defending player.

Status
Not open for further replies.