Jorginho (DM) Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayus20

Thought for a bit of fun I’d stick a fiver on Jorginho coming here, £85 returns. Surely we’re a shoe in if the Mail are reporting City are favourites?

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Thought for a bit of fun I’d stick a fiver on Jorginho coming here, £85 returns. Surely we’re a shoe in if the Mail are reporting City are favourites?
In the past few months Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd have all been favourites to sign him, odds are one of these sides will sign him, and the papers can say they were right. :rolleyes:

GermanRed

If we don't get Jorginho I hope we bring in someone we haven't been widely linked to like Weigl.
Jorginho, Neves and Weigl are similar players IMO and I think there are few like them in world football at the moment.

From time to time Weigl is been linked with a move to City (Pep likes him).

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
One of Neves/Jorginho for a Can replacement and Grujic to come back as a cover for that position.
Liverpool look pretty sorted in that position then if that happens.

Make 2-3 quality hires on the defensive front and get rid of the dead weight.

Phil123

One of Neves/Jorginho for a Can replacement and Grujic to come back as a cover for that position.
Liverpool look pretty sorted in that position then if that happens.

Make 2-3 quality hires on the defensive front and get rid of the dead weight.
Wouldn't you take Khedira? He still is a fantastic player I think

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Wouldn't you take Khedira? He still is a fantastic player I think
Been all over the place for Juve this season. An excellent match followed by three in a row where he's anonymous or a liability. Loved him in his pomp but I think the sun is setting on his career, and with Klopp's system and in this league, I don't think he'd do well.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Khedira? Meh... a few years ago maybe (someone to consider), but not now. He's not the type of player who would play as the #6 (at least didn't so far, that's not his best position), so he'd be more of an #8 (would probably be slow for what we require from that position), but in both of those positions we need some other qualities.

Last edited:

hoosierred

A good example of why I like our current recruitment process. Very few household names and established stars seem to be high on our lists. A lot of younger players who are just entering their peak years, still hungry, still with room to improve.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Khedira? Meh... a few years ago maybe (someone to consider), but not now. He's not the type of player who would play as the #6 (at least didn't so far, that's not his best position), so he'd be more of an #8 (would probably be slow for what we require from that position), but in both of those positions we need some other qualities.
I thought he is also injury prone? Certainly seemed to have a fair few lengthy injuries before moving to Juve.

Red over the water

Historically we had form for plucking great players from the lower leagues - Rush, Neal, Keegan, too many to mention...

Wouldn’t it be ironic if two of our main summer signings are from the division below, only instead of spending a hundred grand, we spend a hundred million? Inflation and all that. Step forward Neves and Sessegnon.

Phil123

Been all over the place for Juve this season. An excellent match followed by three in a row where he's anonymous or a liability. Loved him in his pomp but I think the sun is setting on his career, and with Klopp's system and in this league, I don't think he'd do well.
I still think he could be useful for us , but if we can get Jorginho then go for him , better player at all the levels

Jayus20

Looking like he’s very much City bound if they’re willing to pay Napoli’s price. Shame because I think he’s the perfect player for us in midfield. He would have helped us massively in managing games, controlling the tempo and it would have been a dream to watch him putting balls on a dime for Salah and Mane. Oh well.

It’ll be interesting to see where he plays for City though tbh. Their midfield is already a bit unbalanced in my opinion and I can’t imagine him doing Fernandinhos job because he just doesn’t have the defensive qualities for it. He’s obviously not going to usurp De Bruyne so that leaves Silva’s role which makes some sense I guess. Well good luck to anyone trying to get the ball off City now, it’s only going to get harder with Jorginho in the team haha.

Maybe if City aren’t willing to match the price Napoli are asking for we could swoop in and pay the £55m they want. I can dream!

Phil123

Looking like he’s very much City bound if they’re willing to pay Napoli’s price. Shame because I think he’s the perfect player for us in midfield. He would have helped us massively in managing games, controlling the tempo and it would have been a dream to watch him putting balls on a dime for Salah and Mane. Oh well.

It’ll be interesting to see where he plays for City though tbh. Their midfield is already a bit unbalanced in my opinion and I can’t imagine him doing Fernandinhos job because he just doesn’t have the defensive qualities for it. He’s obviously not going to usurp De Bruyne so that leaves Silva’s role which makes some sense I guess. Well good luck to anyone trying to get the ball off City now, it’s only going to get harder with Jorginho in the team haha.

Maybe if City aren’t willing to match the price Napoli are asking for we could swoop in and pay the £55m they want. I can dream!
His price isn't a problem for city, the only thing stopping his signing is either Napoli or Jorginho's will, if he signs with them let's go for Neves then, a lot of choices in the market yet

Jayus20

His price isn't a problem for city, the only thing stopping his signing is either Napoli or Jorginho's will, if he signs with them let's go for Neves then, a lot of choices in the market yet
Maybe not but apparently City don't want to pay over £45m for him or something. His agent basically said it's now all down the Napoli and City agreeing a price. Neves is a solid replacement but really don't think there are that many top quality deep lying playmakers in world football tbh, certainly not available ones anyway.

gr_sounder

Maybe not but apparently City don't want to pay over £45m for him or something. His agent basically said it's now all down the Napoli and City agreeing a price. Neves is a solid replacement but really don't think there are that many top quality deep lying playmakers in world football tbh, certainly not available ones anyway.
There are never that many of that type of player.... and always the type of player I would envision building my ideal team around.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Looks like Jorginho’s agent has been talking some more.

This time he’s been chatting to Radio Crc as reported by Corriere dello Sport. And Manchester City might not be cut and dried as a destination after all.

Especially as it seems Liverpool have been in touch.

I’m in Brazil, nobody has called me from Napoli, but they have called me English teams, Liverpool, Manchester City but also Arsenal and Chelsea.​
Open negotiations? It depends on Napoli and the sports director Giuntoli. Sure, it’s not difficult to find agreements with teams of this type.​
I don’t know if (Napoli coach Maurizio) Sarri possibly leaving would accelerate the departure of Jorginho.​
If it’s good if for Napoli to make the most of the offers, then we will talk. I don’t know if the future of Jorginho depends on Sarri leaving or not.​
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s-live-14660981.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Phil123

City will pay a little more if necessary , they don't want him to come to us, so I think they will do everything they can to sign him.

City will pay a little more if necessary , they don't want him to come to us, so I think they will do everything they can to sign him.
Strange you think that when they wouldn't meet the VVD price tag and i doubt they're buying players to stop us getting them with VVD again being an example,if we're interested then for me they're not certain favourites anymore and i think we can easily compete for the same player but do we want this lad,i'm not sure we do.

Phil123

Strange you think that when they wouldn't meet the VVD price tag and i doubt they're buying players to stop us getting them with VVD again being an example,if we're interested then for me they're not certain favourites anymore and i think we can easily compete for the same player but do we want this lad,i'm not sure we do.
In that case VvD wanted us and that's why he came to us, but we don't know who Jorginho prefers, and his agent already spoke out loud everything and looks like he is city bound, but let's wait and see

Chewbazza

True Believer
Looks like Jorginho’s agent has been talking some more.

This time he’s been chatting to Radio Crc as reported by Corriere dello Sport. And Manchester City might not be cut and dried as a destination after all.

Especially as it seems Liverpool have been in touch.

I’m in Brazil, nobody has called me from Napoli, but they have called me English teams, Liverpool, Manchester City but also Arsenal and Chelsea.​
Open negotiations? It depends on Napoli and the sports director Giuntoli. Sure, it’s not difficult to find agreements with teams of this type.​
I don’t know if (Napoli coach Maurizio) Sarri possibly leaving would accelerate the departure of Jorginho.​
If it’s good if for Napoli to make the most of the offers, then we will talk. I don’t know if the future of Jorginho depends on Sarri leaving or not.​
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s-live-14660981.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Honestly just sounds like his agent doing what he is paid to do. It could be true but equally all fabrication to raise his profile and secure a move to somewhere better than Napoli.

Jayus20

If Joycey says we want him, then I’m very sure we do. Whether we can get him though I’m not sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.