• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Julian Brandt (AM) Bayer Leverkusen

Will we get him?

• Yep

• No chance!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Dinner with Jürgen, candle light, a band is playing YNWA in the background.
After dessert Klopp gets up:
"I'm just a coach, standing in front of a boy, asking him to join us. You..complete us..."
You gotta steer clear from chick flick, or Julia Roberts movies..... :)

Iteba Andrew

Very impressed by this young lad, his addition is welcome. This would give us depth in quality and strength

Sweeting

Neither Brandt nor Werner looking particularly impressive tonight although it is always hard to judge during an international game.

RaoulDuke

Wind-Down Merchant
Neither Brandt nor Werner looking particularly impressive tonight although it is always hard to judge during an international game.
True.
Keane, who is also linked to LFC, performed better than both of them in the first half.

Cologne-Liverpool

Not sure if I would base any opinion of a player on one game, a friendly, where the German squad was basically a selection of players who have never played with each other. Tbh this is seen largely as an opportunity for some of the young talents to get to know the DFB-team, gain some experience - and a nice farewell for Podolski.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Not sure if I would base any opinion of a player on one game, a friendly, where the German squad was basically a selection of players who have never played with each other. Tbh this is seen largely as an opportunity for some of the young talents to get to know the DFB-team, gain some experience - and a nice farewell for Podolski.
Are you getting your excuses in early.:tongue:

C

Caradoc

Oh and as a Welshman, just to echo Giggs' view that Germany should have been awarded a stonewall penalty.

Now, back on topic ....... !

Oops ...... great goal by Podolski ....... !

Last edited by a moderator:

Cologne-Liverpool

I look forward to watching Eng v Ger friendlies as we have a chance of winning whereas we have no chance normally in competitions,have a bit sympathy mate im an England supporter plus i jinxed it anyway.
No offence. Just don't like the assumption that is constantly made that I'm not trying to be objective on German players. Nothing to do with you, mate and a win would be deserved so far for England.
Like Fester said, back on topic.;-)

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Thinking positive here,of course we'll get him,even if we send some lads over to kidnap him...or Timo Werner.
Both would be nice.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
Yeah. And even if he (Pulisic) were to move, you're probably talking absolutely silly numbers in terms of the fee. Those being thrown around for Brandt, meanwhile, sound a lot more reasonable, which when combined with the player being older, more experienced and more of a physical presence (6'1 vs 5'8 for Pulisic) it all starts to look like a bit of a no-brainer.
Pulisic fits into our height requirement it would seem

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Wasn't that while Hyypia was the manager though? Or right after he was there? Seemed to me we might've gotten a little "inside" help on that one if I recall
Maybe on identifying the player, I guess? But he left two months before Can was signed.

Anyway, disappointed if this one falls through, as is now looking likely. I wonder if this is why the Meyer rumours seems to have been gearing up the past few days?

Cologne-Liverpool

Maybe on identifying the player, I guess? But he left two months before Can was signed.

Anyway, disappointed if this one falls through, as is now looking likely. I wonder if this is why the Meyer rumours seems to have been gearing up the past few days?
Don't think Meyer is the "plan B" to Brandt - different type of player.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
How would you describe Meyer, mate? Just from looking at transfermarkt it seems he plays central mostly, but not sure how that would fit in with our system...

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Yeah, I thought the same, though I didn't watch either that much.

I wonder who plan B will be. In a way, we got lucky last summer in getting Wijnaldum once it was clear Udinese won't sell us Zielinski and maybe Mane was plan B to Ousmane Dembele (I don't really believe it but who knows...) and I still wonder if Milner at left back would have happened had Liverpool bought a left back... I wonder if we'll get so "lucky" again once our primary targets are nabbed by the likes of Bayern.

Cologne-Liverpool

How would you describe Meyer, mate? Just from looking at transfermarkt it seems he plays central mostly, but not sure how that would fit in with our system...
Yeah, while he can play different positions and Schalke (German youth team as well) did try him in various ones, I think it's become pretty clear by now that he really is at his best in a more CAM type role - in a way a problem for him atm, because his type of playing style doesn't seem to fit into the current Schalke setup that well.
I think it just plays to his strenghts more, than say being a winger. Can keep the ball in tight spaces, good skills/turns/first touch, good and quick passing/vision - would it make sense in English if I said he's quick but not necessarily overly pacey?
Other than that I think he's in some ways more the Lallana type imo, maybe a bit of Coutinho.
Personally I haven't really made up my mind about him - generally I really think he has the potential to become a real top player, but I find it especially hard when talking about Schalke players - individually that team has many players that I rate, but it often doesn't seem to work so well as a team, making individual players not look their best imo (sorry, overly complicated, my English skills are off on weekend;-))

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Yeah, I thought the same, though I didn't watch either that much.

I wonder who plan B will be. In a way, we got lucky last summer in getting Wijnaldum once it was clear Udinese won't sell us Zielinski and maybe Mane was plan B to Ousmane Dembele (I don't really believe it but who knows...) and I still wonder if Milner at left back would have happened had Liverpool bought a left back... I wonder if we'll get so "lucky" again once our primary targets are nabbed by the likes of Bayern.
Or could we be leaking names in order to divert attention away from our real targets? A bit similar to Jim Baxter all those years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.