Jurgen Klopp quotes

Kanonkop

Klopp on being linked with West Ham job...
"In the summer, I was not available. I'm sure I should say not too much about this.

"I'm lucky I had a lot of interest, West Ham is a good club but it was the wrong time, like all the clubs who approached me. Everything is OK. The Hammers. More my second name than 'soft'."

lol:well done:

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
After the Stoke game:

Last edited:

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
@Dortmund fan

Please can you limit the number of pictures you post. For users trying to access the forum on mobiles if really makes things lag.

Kopstar

★★★★★
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35278927

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool boss warns Guardiola over fixtures

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has warned Pep Guardiola that the greatest challenge he will face in the Premier League is the busy fixture schedule.

The German also advises his Spanish rival that the weather in Britain is "not great" but adds the food is "much better than everybody said".

Guardiola, 44, who will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season, said he plans to work in England next.

He has been linked with Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United.

Klopp said that the amount of domestic cup games had surprised him following his move to England in October.

"The number of games is the biggest difference," he said.

"When I came here, I didn't know there were two rounds [legs] in the semi-final of the Capital One Cup.

Klopp, 48, said he had received messages of congratulations from friends after his side beat Stoke 1-0 in last Tuesday's League Cup semi-final first leg.

"I had people in Germany, saying: 'Yeah, you're in the final again!'" recalled the former Borussia Dortmund boss. "Idiots!"

With 12 players out injured, Klopp named an inexperienced team for Friday's 2-2 FA Cup third-round draw at Exeter.

He has indicated he will field a similar side for next week's replay.

"In Germany, when you tell people that if you draw in the FA Cup, you play again, they say: 'What?' Here you have penalties and extra time, but only after the second game," he said.

"That's the thing, it's the number of games... football, football, football."

But he insisted that Guardiola is "so experienced" he will cope.

"I'm sure he will buy a few players and have a good team... 35 players or whatever," said the former Mainz boss.

-------------​

This one particularly...

"I had people in Germany, saying: 'Yeah, you're in the final again!'" recalled the former Borussia Dortmund boss. "Idiots!"

Hahaha.

Kanonkop

Klopp:

"For me if you are in a club together with the supporters then you should be if not as a family then as a group of best friends."
"For this everybody has to play their role, do their job and all these things. The fans are very important, very important."
"We can’t do what we have to do in the best way without the supporters, I think everybody knows this."
"But then in the other way, we know what we have to do and then it is easier for them to give us support during a game."

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
"I'm sure he will buy a few players and have a good team... 35 players or whatever," said the former Mainz boss."

lol

The press will love this feud. They gonna do anything to promote Pep to come to England now.

Makati Red

Banned Users
when asked about the celebrations at the end Klopp replied

I saw nothing at the end

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
Jurgen Klopp: My new glasses make me look like a serial killer, says Liverpool boss

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has admitted that he is not a fan of his spare pair of glasses.

The German manager broke his usual pair during wild celebrations as Adam Lallana scored a 94th-minute winner at Carrow Road on Saturday morning.

During ecstatic celebrations, Jurgen Klopp had his glasses broken as players and staff went wild - Christian Benteke was the offender.

He walked off the pitch without a pair, but at his press conference ahead of the League Cup semi-final on Tuesday night, Klopp was again bespectacled.

However, he's not a fan.

"These are not new - they are my second pair of glasses. Now I have to be careful," he joked.

"They are black and I look a little bit like a serial killer."

Asked whether the Belgian striker would have to pay for a new pair, Klopp said: "It was my fault and never in my life has someone had to pay for something which is my fault."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-my-new-glasses-make-me-look-like-a-serial-killer-says-liverpool-boss-a6832921.html

Last edited:

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool boss bellows with laughter after Bayern Munich lose

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp could not hide his emotions after hearing Bayern Munich, bitter rivals of former club Borussia Dortmund, had suffered a shock defeat by Mainz.

When asked by BBC Sport about the clutch of surprise Premier League results, including defeats for Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, Klopp was in his usual jovial mood.

“I don’t know about the other results, I know Bayern lost,” the German chuckled loudly. “But I think that’s not too important for us.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-boss-bellows-with-laughter-after-bayern-munich-lose-a6909181.html

LFCDissertation

Never used to watch much of the interviews but I love watching Klopp's! Some of the stuff he comes out with lol

treboeth

Never used to watch much of the interviews but I love watching Klopp's! Some of the stuff he comes out with lol
Watching Klopp makes you susceptible to MAN love.
The antidote is to watch one of Rodgers, the problem is watching one of his turns your stomach.

Tosh

TIA Regular
"Yes, the draw in the Europa League against Dortmund is good. In life you can have more than one child, and love them all the same. To me in this time, I have two children. The older has now left home, after I brought him up to be a fine, honourable lad, and to how he behaves himself should reflect how he has been brought up. The other, yes he is still a child. But I will protect him and raise him well. My two sons should always work for each other, making each stronger. But when they have to fight, I must do my best in this moment to protect them both."

There you go, written one myself!

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
"Yes, the draw in the Europa League against Dortmund is good. In life you can have more than one child, and love them all the same. To me in this time, I have two children. The older has now left home, after I brought him up to be a fine, honourable lad, and to how he behaves himself should reflect how he has been brought up. The other, yes he is still a child. But I will protect him and raise him well. My two sons should always work for each other, making each stronger. But when they have to fight, I must do my best in this moment to protect them both."

There you go, written one myself!
Actually there are 3 childs (don't forget Mainz the oldest one!). :-)

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!

Makati Red

Banned Users
After the Spurs game

I saw a lot of good things today for our future. But we also showed part of our problem. We will find solution to our problems 100 per cent, but it's a wait."

Makati Red

Banned Users
on his return to Dortmund

Id Rather be here than North Korea

Sound as a Pound

TIA Midfield General
Klopp v Dortmund last night -
Klopp then questioned why Liverpool fans complain at the standard of the side’s corner routines, with James Milner frequently failing to clear the first man. Mamadou Sakho headed an equaliser from a Milner corner despite the ball bouncing first in the area.

“I don’t like the sound around corners when they don’t work,” Klopp said. “That’s a waste of time. The corner is already sh*t. You don’t have to say it was sh*t. Sorry, I said it twice. Rubbish.”

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Magical times are ahead for sure !!!

After last night's Klopptastic victory, I am already looking forward to new season - after the Europa final of course !!!

I love Jurgen's energy and passion, and its transferring to the whole stadium. We are on a special journey with Jurgen, he has re-ignited my love for the game - for Liverpool FC, as my wife will testify to ! Even the Mrs likes Jurgen and his press conferences, who doesn't ?!?!

The Red half of this wonderful city are once again believing.