Jurgen Klopp quotes

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!

hoosierred

"if we play our best in pre-season, I’ve done something completely wrong. It’s another session, it’s not about beating our opponents."

Livvy

Alles wird gut
“I really want to look back after the season and be really satisfied. At this stage I don’t have any idea what that could mean.
“It’s clear that winning every game would make me satisfied but if we did that I’d be too drunk to look back!

Maria

"In the highest level of football, the difference between a very good player and an outstanding player is making the decisions".

Last edited:

inaiq

"Some people feel the rain others just get wet"
“Please don’t sing my name before the game is decided,” he said.

“When the Kop started singing it [Leicester] were alone in front of Simon Mignolet.

“I don’t play. It was the same at Arsenal. It is nice but not necessary.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/i-expect-us-jurgen-klopp-wants-consistency-leicester-win/
Thank you for re-posting something from this site, I would have missed it. Is there a point/opinion of yours on these that I am missing. :?:

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
"They [the players] are responsible for good performances. I am responsible for bad performances."

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
"I was very young and when I first made it I got a team," says the now 49-year-old German.

"After one year a kind of sports director came to me.

"He asked: 'How many new players do you want for next season when we move to the next age group?' I said: 'I don't want a new player.' He said: 'You always take new players. Who is the best from the other clubs?' I said: 'I'm not interested. I want to keep these players. I want to keep this team. Maybe there's a better one but I want to work with this one.'"

It's a reminder that, first and foremost, Klopp is a coach. There's even a guarantee.

"Actually, I can promise that before we sign a player which is not a lot better than what we have, we'll always use our own boys," he says. "That's how it is. That's how the future should be. Even in this crazy football transfer world, we want to be this special club."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10614393/jurgen-klopp-interview-liverpool-boss-outlines-vision-for-the-future

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
“We play two games in 48 hours, there will be injuries and then some Dutch guy (on Twitter) will say things.”

Scott Jones

Blunt
“I have to accept that not everyone is 100% happy with my performances on the sidelines,” Klopp says. “But I’m not as intense as I used to be when I was younger. Sometimes it still happens, but actually now at Anfield with the new stand there is much more space for all of us.”:-)

Dortmund fan

It's fishing time!
"Apart from the table, it's a very important game. I know about the history, I like the special stories. The whole world will watch this game, it's a big honour to be part of it."