Kai Havertz (AM) Bayer 04 Leverkusen

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
If Havertz is being considered - and I'm less sure than I was before lockdown given the likely expense involved - then I think it would be with a central role in mind, whether that's playing a Firmino-esque false 9 or a more attacking midfielder. What makes this even less likely is that this is also the best role for Minamino, who I don't think has looked great for us in the wide positions so far.

A couple of interesting tidbits in today's rumours, one being renewed interest in Sancho, the other a player from Bremen called Rashica, who is apparently a fast winger/goal threat type, who might be available for £16m if Bremen go down (or £30m if they stay up).

Of course, I would also be happy to see the club look to Jones and Elliott as stand-ins for Mane and Mo.
Rashica has been loosely linked to us since last summer i think but was supposed to have a deal lined up this summer to a German club i think. I suspect Sancho will continually be linked to us until he moves elsewhere.

SpecialK210

We're Never Gonna Stop
Rashica has been loosely linked to us since last summer i think but was supposed to have a deal lined up this summer to a German club i think. I suspect Sancho will continually be linked to us until he moves elsewhere.
Leipzig as Werners replacement if the rumors are to be believed.

StevenAlonso

I don't think we will sign any midfielderbgiven the financial constraint.. I would rather bring Grugic from his loan spell next season as we are releasing Lallana anyway.. He has the physique, technique and is good in the air.. Can only get better..