Kai Havertz (AM) Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Despite the ban, they spent more on transfers last summer than we did (Kovacic). They have then spent more than us since as well (Ziyech) and already this summer (Werner).

If you think Roman can just throw a few millions at it then you don't understand FFP.
What the FFP thats been relaxed this year?

Dave-D

Sky sport saying Chelsea are favourites but ain’t willing to pay the 100 million euros price tag.
Expect more teams to enter into negotiations once the price drops.

brush85

Would you care to take us all through the various changes and how it would allow Roman to spunk £100m of his own money on players?
Amortisation...Now, if they dont qualify for CL this year and next year. They will have an issue.

But with the fees they have had coming in. It has covered their outlays for a while, as long as they keep that CL money.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Amortisation...Now, if they dont qualify for CL this year and next year. They will have an issue.

But with the fees they have had coming in. It has covered their outlays for a while, as long as they keep that CL money.
"Amortisation"? Is that an answer to how Roman can pump his own money into Chelsea again, enough to buy Havertz? Is that what's changed under FFP? Sorry, I don‘t follow how "amortisation" answers my post.

Red over the water

I’m certainly no expert in Chelsea’s finances, but I expect them to sell some players this summer and generate funds. Jorginho to Italy should raise a decent amount. They are building a good young team and Lampard is benefitting from being a Chelsea man, loved by all at the club, so he has a bit of space to learn on the job, and they seem to be reshaping it according to his requirements.

I expect them to challenge for the title next season, or at least put up much more of a fight and not just be a club with aspirations for top four.

Now, whether all that translates to them being able to afford Havertz is another matter. I wouldn’t have a clue about that. Watching what is happening to Man City must at least be a restraining experience, somewhat, to other clubs who are tempted to discard the rules.

Last edited:

brush85

"Amortisation"? Is that an answer to how Roman can pump his own money into Chelsea again, enough to buy Havertz? Is that what's changed under FFP? Sorry, I don‘t follow how "amortisation" answers my post.
When it comes to FFP...they can spread that money spent over a period of years, when they reveal their accounts.

so yes, its a 100m player. But for their accounts, it could be 20m for five different years. That way, Chelsea can overspend, while not breaking any FFP rules.
In theory. We could do the same but we are playing with real funds and not the make believe world that some of these other clubs play with.

the only issue they will ever have is if Roman decides to jump ship. But recent events have one to believe that he is treating this like 2004 all over again. But this time, Chelsea actually have elite revenues. So the magic math is easier to do

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
When it comes to FFP...they can spread that money spent over a period of years, when they reveal their accounts.

so yes, its a 100m player. But for their accounts, it could be 20m for five different years. That way, Chelsea can overspend, while not breaking any FFP rules.
In theory. We could do the same but we are playing with real funds and not the make believe world that some of these other clubs play with.

the only issue they will ever have is if Roman decides to jump ship. But recent events have one to believe that he is treating this like 2004 all over again. But this time, Chelsea actually have elite revenues. So the magic math is easier to do
That's already what happens. The question is, when it's already run like that, how can they just increase costs, without increasing revenue, and still meet FFP?

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I can't see anyone spending the £90mill-100mill Leverkusen will want for him this summer,if the price drops to £60mill-70mill then possibly a deal might get done but even then i'd be a bit skeptical.I'd say most clubs will wait it out another season when Leverkusen will have no option but to drop the price or lose him for a free the season after.

Unless they change the way they play or offload players to accomodate him,i don't see United or City buying him.

Richard88

I can't see anyone spending the £90mill-100mill Leverkusen will want for him this summer,if the price drops to £60mill-70mill then possibly a deal might get done but even then i'd be a bit skeptical.I'd say most clubs will wait it out another season when Leverkusen will have no option but to drop the price or lose him for a free the season after.

Unless they change the way they play or offload players to accomodate him,i don't see United or City buying him.
It's likely that Leverkusen can get €60-70m for him even next summer with 1 year left on his contract (similar to Sané's transfer), so there's really no incentive for Leverkusen to sell for that low this summer when they can get 1 more season with him and still get the same money for him.

brush85

That's already what happens. The question is, when it's already run like that, how can they just increase costs, without increasing revenue, and still meet FFP?
The extra year that FFP has been pushed back, plus player sales. They have money coming in for Morata this summer and unlike purchases, that is recorded in one lump sum.

when you look at their accounts from last year, that was a year with no CL. So this season, they had the boost of that as well.

and yes, there will be little commercial deals that Roman will have set up too

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Havertz is the player I most wanted this window but I do not think it is possible. To expensive. If he comes to the EPL it will be City, United or Chelsea. The money bags clubs.

FGred

This may be smoke and mirrors from Edwards and we agreed a fee + big add ons have you noticed not a peep from anyone at the club as if we are not interested? Just wishful thinking on my part I am still hoping for another card trick from Edwards and Herr Klopp!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
This may be smoke and mirrors from Edwards and we agreed a fee + big add ons have you noticed not a peep from anyone at the club as if we are not interested? Just wishful thinking on my part I am still hoping for another card trick from Edwards and Herr Klopp!
If we are interested there won't be a peep from any journalists connected to the club till the deal is agreed and hes travelling for his medical.

Cologne-Liverpool

If we wait till theres something concrete, from "our" journos, on a target there'll only ever be 3/4 day old threads and the unreliable one. There's no harm of having a few player threads around for discussion is there?
Do you sometimes wonder whether a ;) is necessary or not? I do.
For that last post I thought 'nah, pretty self-explanatory'...

;)

nikz200

Another thread to close. I really wanted this lad. Chelsea going for it.
Its depressing to see Chelsea get such a talented player. More than anyone i felt Kai Havertz is the next big thing in football globally. Of course my comments could come back to bite me in the arse a few years from now, but right now its a kick in the guts to not only see that Kai might be going to Chelsea, but that Chelsea will get to buy this player with almost no competition from anyone. sigh

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Its depressing to see Chelsea get such a talented player. More than anyone i felt Kai Havertz is the next big thing in football globally. Of course my comments could come back to bite me in the arse a few years from now, but right now its a kick in the guts to not only see that Kai might be going to Chelsea, but that Chelsea will get to buy this player with almost no competition from anyone. sigh
They havent got him yet. I still half expect Bayern or Real to go back in for him now a price has been set at 80m including add ons (key question is how much of that is base fee and how much add ons?)

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Not worth being depressed about in my opiniom (if they get him).

Chelsea are putting together another very costly squad. The second that results don't go frankies way, he will be sacked, new manager in, and the standard Chelsea churn will begin. Also, the likelihood that all their new attacking players will hit the ground running and adapting to the PL is fairly low. They'll be losing senior pro's too in Willian, Pedro, and their captain won't be lasting too much longer.

Will be interesting to see what happens - but if CHO becomes available, I'd have him. Even Tammy!

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Well many teams have signed the flavours of the month, we signed a couple of youths last summer....and we all knew how the story ended. Not saying we should not be signing such players but just saying we have no need to. I am feeling ever so confident in whatever Klopp and the owners and the management are going to do, whether they buy more players, whether they don't, we will be just fine.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Don't think so. They probably have enough wiggle room to do deals under the cap and are planning to raise cash from sales.
I disagree, Roman has been completly uninterested for years.. Now it is seen that FFP is a farce (i.e. he can't cheat to win) he is back. They are interested in Oblak for example.

This is the signing I'd be most disappointed about as Havertz is a classy footballer.

The article says £73mil including add-ons.. I think we could do that, just up to Havertz to wait till later in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.