Kai Havertz (AM) Bayer 04 Leverkusen

brush85

Don't disagree with his analysis of which Bundesliga team is best for Havertz. I'm obviously referring to Nowotny's advice not to join LFC.
Same response. Odds of game time are far better with Dortmund than with us. For a young player, Dortmund is the right answer these days.

football.tiger

TIA Squad Member
We should buy him just so we all don't have to listen to the constant Werner back and forth... And Dortmund ain't paying Havertz' fee period.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
After the game today Havertz said that he wants to play CL football and that they will try to find a solution with Leverkusen at the end of the season.

Very likely that he stays for another year because Leverkusen are on a good run and no Club might be ready to pay the huge fee this summer.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I don't know much about players from other leagues apart from the sports news, but everyone seems to raving about this lad.

If you had one choice, which one would you choose as the best fit for our team, Timo or Kai ?

gr_sounder

I don't know much about players from other leagues apart from the sports news, but everyone seems to raving about this lad.

If you had one choice, which one would you choose as the best fit for our team, Timo or Kai ?
Not even a question in my mind who I would want between Havertz and Werner.... it's Kai Havertz every time, and I'm a fan of Werner and think he'd do an excellent job here.

I'm from the USA and a big fan of Pulisic and what he can do for a club. I had hoped that he would end up at Liverpool (for a proper fee). When we didn't make any move for him, and then were linked with Havertz, it seemed to make some sense as I think Havertz is 2x the talent that Pulisic is.

Kai appears to be adaptable, clever, cerebral, and composed. I just think he has the ability to be a truly great player.

KillerBeeLFC

TIA Reserve Team
I mentioned havertz a good while ago on here, when there wasnt any fuss about him, as being the one realistic target I'd really love. I think he could play almost anywhere in our team to a good level. Now that hes being touted at around 100 mill though, I'm not sure if we would spend that much unless its for a core part of the team. If were paying a 100 mill I'd personally prob prefer to get werner and sabitzer (for example) instead of one player as I think this would benefit the squad more. I would not complain if havertz was signed though, just not sure its necessary.

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I always favoured Havertz over Werner but if we can get both hallelujah it will mean Origi, Shaq and Lallana departing though?
I'd take that deal every day of the week mate,i think after spending so little last season and having almost the same squad for awhile now,i think Klopp either this summer or next (covid virus/finances/transfer market permitting),will start a slightly new rebuild phase,tweaking the squad depth and bringing through some youngsters for the future,seeing as the first 11 has almost picked itself now for the past 2 years.

If we managed to snag both Havertz and Werner,i think it would be a huge game changer for us,having 2 massively talented youngsters which would play a huge part in strengthening our first team and bench for years to come,inplace of 2 virtually unused midfielders (1 out of contract aswell) and a bit part striker,it would be a no brainer for me to swap those 3 for those 2,although i'm a little sceptical of us being able to get both atm.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I always favoured Havertz over Werner but if we can get both hallelujah it will mean Origi, Shaq and Lallana departing though?
I think it would also mean Brewster, Elliott and Jones having to be on loan, Wilson and Grujic sold or maybe one of Keita or Wijnaldum departing too and a permanent switch to 4231. I can only see room for one attacker coming in this summer and we could probably get by even without any. Even if Shaqiri and Lallana do go. Just more chances for Elliott, Jones and maybe Wilson getting a season or half a season here before a probably inevitable departure.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
He's expensive. That has always been the one problem with him. Probably won't help with the prize that he's now showing that he can also be a better centre forward than most centre forwards in the BL.
Ironically, he's playing himself out of reach of any club in Europe. So, he'll most probably stay another season in Leverkusen. Not sure that's what he wants though... :ROFLMAO:

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Uli Hoeness said today at BR-Hörfunk that he does not expect Havertz to sign with Bayern this summer due to the economic situation. In other words too expensive.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I am pretty sure Havertz will end up at Bayern at some point. Probably brain-washed him already.

Feeling bad for Leverkusen that they won’t get the €100m because the player is totally worth it. Can even see Havertz moving to Bayern on a free.

@redfanman Havertz is doing great as a False9 but I don’t think he’ll ever score enough to be the Lewandowski successor. Personally I have the feeling that Haaland will replace Lewandowski in the future.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Could he be Bayern's next big signing perhaps lined up for 2021 to replace Lewandowski? especially if they can knock down the price of Sane....
Lewandowski is still at the top of his game and reportedly looks after himself as well as anybody which could be the only thing putting a stop to that.

He's definitely capable though. 7 in 7 from centre forward so far for Leverkusen, 20 goal season from midfield last year. He could replace Lewandowski or Muller and do a cracking job in either role.

Limiescouse

There was a piece on Havertz a while back where he mocked the idea that Bayern should be his target. He's young, attitude might change, but I think he is one its reasonable to think Bayern would have less pull than some of the other top german talent of the past 15 yeards or so.

FGred

And the more players we bring in, the less game time for our own young prospects, notably Curtis Jones.
I agree thats why I am not a manager and Klopp earns his pay packet to take those decisions I think that we will stick with what we’ve got at least until the January transfer window if there is one. I read today that Elliott was shown around the RM dressing room and they thought the clincher was to make him shake hand with the ratbag Ramos who broke his and his father’s heart when he dislocated Salah’s shoulder as they were at the final watching it! Brilliant karma.

lfc.8

I agree thats why I am not a manager and Klopp earns his pay packet to take those decisions I think that we will stick with what we’ve got at least until the January transfer window if there is one. I read today that Elliott was shown around the RM dressing room and they thought the clincher was to make him shake hand with the ratbag Ramos who broke his and his father’s heart when he dislocated Salah’s shoulder as they were at the final watching it! Brilliant karma.
I would look at it a different way with regards to Elliott based on what I've just read. All in the past but it appears he's shown a bit of immaturity and lack of professionalism.

Ramos is the club captain, world class player, played how many games and has won everything there is to win. If Elliott was sincere and open to joining Real Madrid then snubbing him hardly makes sense irrespective of his personal feelings towards him. He's not going to endear himself and really not sure what he was looking to achieve.

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I would look at it a different way with regards to Elliott based on what I've just read. All in the past but it appears he's shown a bit of immaturity and lack of professionalism.

Ramos is the club captain, world class player, played how many games and has won everything there is to win. If Elliott was sincere and open to joining Real Madrid then snubbing him hardly makes sense irrespective of his personal feelings towards him. He's not going to endear himself and really not sure what he was looking to achieve.
Of course you would Ramos is a cunt.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

I'm nearly 40 and I couldn't have met Ramos that summer and shook his hand. As he was 16 he dealt with it with a cheeky sense of humour and don't think there was that much wrong with it to be honest.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter

I haven't seen or heard anything negative about his professionalism, even when analyzing his body language when playing/not playing. As far as immaturity goes, well seriously, he's 16/17.