Kenny - documentary

roydom

TIA Reserve Team
Had a quick look and couldn't find a topic for the Kenny Daglish documentary, simply called Kenny.

If you have watched it yet I highly recommend it. Focuses more on the man and the effects of what he's been through on the pitch into his personality and behaviour.

Some wonderful clips of his time at Celtic and Liverpool, what a f*****g player!

Naturally Hillsborough takes up a big chunk of it but what shines through while watching it, is if Liverpool FC was a living, breathing person then it is Kenny. Humble yet determined. Encouraging yet single minded. Driven yet caring for others. Witty and humourous.

Alright Now

Had a quick look and couldn't find a topic for the Kenny Daglish documentary, simply called Kenny.

If you have watched it yet I highly recommend it. Focuses more on the man and the effects of what he's been through on the pitch into his personality and behaviour.

Some wonderful clips of his time at Celtic and Liverpool, what a f*****g player!

Naturally Hillsborough takes up a big chunk of it but what shines through while watching it, is if Liverpool FC was a living, breathing person then it is Kenny. Humble yet determined. Encouraging yet single minded. Driven yet caring for others. Witty and humourous.
Thanks, @roydom. Where could we watch this if not in the UK?

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
Thanks. But I thought we have rules around here and one of those is you can’t address me directly.
Just sit down and watch yer telly, Uncle.

Despite all your blather, this place needs people like you.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
I watched that documentary today, I recorded from Sky channel documentary.
Honestly speaking, it brought memories of my childhood. It is such a well made documentary and very different too.
You see Sir Kenny away from football. I really love his wife Marina, she such an amazing lady. I thought the bit when he described his first date with Marina, after the cinema, they had fish and chips in the pouring rain, was so sweet.

This is a must see documentary on Sir Kenny. Even Fergie is in there praising Sir Kenny.

NB: One programme I saw after Sir Kenny's documentary was the famous documentary when Arsenal clinched the title from Liverpool in 1989, under George Graham. It was also very moving. I didn't know the Arsenal players were quite emotional talking about Hillsborough and also, they brought flowers they gave to the Anfied crowd and some of the Arsenal players like Paul Merson, Tony Adams, Perry Groves, Paul Dixon had tears in their eyes before the match.
That documentary at the end was dedicated to the Hillsborough 96.

Respect to the Arsenal team of 1989.

Last edited: