• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (ST) Schalke 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Are we talking the Milan season?

Edit: Regardless, Mac Red's point, which I agree with, is that we don't need a central forward. We need a right forward. Huntelaar doesn't fit as a right forward. He'd be fine for cheap as a backup CF, but not as a starter because Suarez is already our CF.
Yes we were.

And yes we do because we cant buy a wide striker who can be as prolific as Suarez is out wide.

We can buy a centre forward who can approach Suarez in the middle.

Latest rumoured price for Huntelaar is 6 million.

Name me a wide forward we could buy for that price who would approach the number of goals with Suarez that an attack of Suarez wide and Huntelaar central would provide.

Today Suarez was "central" but most of his contribution was from popping out wide anyway.

We need to add goals.

Zarate isnt the answer Huntelaar is certainly one answer.

OhYaBeauty

Yes we were.

And yes we do because we cant buy a wide striker who can be as prolific as Suarez is out wide.

We can buy a centre forward who can approach Suarez in the middle.

Latest rumoured price for Huntelaar is 6 million.

Name me a wide forward we could buy for that price who would approach the number of goals with Suarez that an attack of Suarez wide and Huntelaar central would provide.

Today Suarez was "central" but most of his contribution was from popping out wide anyway.

We need to add goals.

Zarate isnt the answer Huntelaar is certainly one answer.
We can't buy a center forward as prolific as Suarez. There is only one Premier League top scorer. And his name is Luis.

You can't just add goals from players in different teams. Huntelaar coming in wouldn't just score at the same rate while Suarez maintains his rate. Suarez is no doubt capable on the right. He's shown that for Uruguay. But he's at his best through the middle and we need our system geared towards him.

I've thought on it a lot, and unless Suarez is in his most natural, effective position, he's not worth much to us. On the right he's not been productive in a red shirt. But centrally he's been incredibly effective, especially when provided service. Give him a good right forward or a left forward and the man will score.

Walcott could be the answer. He's been very good this season in a similar role for Arsenal. My picks for the right forward spot are all expensive, but they would all fit our system and Suarez better than buying Huntelaar and shifting Suarez wide would.

To me, the only way Huntelaar works here is in a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-2-3-1 with Suarez behind him. Neither of which will happen under Rodgers.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
1 since when? Suarez untill this season has had all his best patches of his career as a wide forward or supporting striker.

2 Rodgers has used 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 & 3-5-2 so yes he can easily use Huntelaar and Suarez at same time in most matches.

3 of course he is using Suarez central there is no other option even if he wanted to use Suarez wide he cant.

4 several times in his career Huntelaar has matched or bettered Suarez current goal record so yes we can sign a forward who can at least come close to Suarez in middle.

5 Walcott wont go anywhere he isnt going to be played central.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Here it is ...

http://www.transferm...26456_2008.html

Now, go to your room and do you homework ...
Thank you.Easy mistake to make.Just looked at league goals.But your right.
Still, 1 good season,4 yrs ago.Not much to write home about.
Btw,i'm probably roughly the same age as you,probably older judging by your immature attitude and inability to converse properly with the adults on this site.

OhYaBeauty

1 since when? Suarez untill this season has had all his best patches of his career as a wide forward or supporting striker.
And this season he's showing that he's better than all of those patches as a center forward. Rodgers agrees, and really that's all there is to say. Rodgers sees him as a CF. He's a CF.

2 Rodgers has used 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 & 3-5-2 so yes he can easily use Huntelaar and Suarez at same time in most matches.
No, they can't. At least not with both centrally. Suarez can play wide right, but its absolutely certain that Rodgers won't play Suarez behind Huntelaar. Which is the only way he would get success from Huntelaar here. (Rodgers doesn't use strikers as attacking midfielders. Period.)

3 of course he is using Suarez central there is no other option even if he wanted to use Suarez wide he cant.
In multiple interviews he has stated that he likes playing Suarez centrally and that Suarez as a CF is key to his system. Its not just because of the options.

4 several times in his career Huntelaar has matched or bettered Suarez current goal record so yes we can sign a forward who can at least come close to Suarez in middle.
If they can't both play centrally at the same time, what's the point?

5 Walcott wont go anywhere he isnt going to be played central.
False. Walcott won't play centrally at a top club anywhere. He'll figure that out soon enough.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Have to disagree mate.

As I said we cant know what Rodgers would do if he had options as he hasnt got options but despite that he has still played with 2 up top before mate, Cole and Morgan, Sterling and Suarez, he was also playing Suarez and Borini in same teams too.

OhYaBeauty

Have to disagree mate.

As I said we cant know what Rodgers would do if he had options as he hasnt got options but despite that he has still played with 2 up top before mate, Cole and Morgan, Sterling and Suarez, he was also playing Suarez and Borini in same teams too.
Yes, he played two midfielders up top in a 5-3-2. Yes he played Borini wide in a 4-3-3. He still won't play a bloody 4-4-2. Get over it, Huntelaar and Suarez won't both play centrally for Liverpool except on your FIFA Career Mode.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
Yes, he played two midfielders up top in a 5-3-2. Yes he played Borini wide in a 4-3-3. He still won't play a bloody 4-4-2. Get over it, Huntelaar and Suarez won't both play centrally for Liverpool except on your FIFA Career Mode.
lol

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
lol no they would play in a 4-3-3 like they did in their time at Ajax together and seperate and as they both do in the roles they both play in successfully for their national sides!

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Yes, he would. No he would not. Yes he would. No he would not.

Suarez is no longer in Ajax, Rodgers did not manage that Ajax side and both have gone on and played differently for their respective clubs. No point arguing we should be able to have the both of them when clearly, one is a classic in the box poacher type striker, while our manager prefers an all rounder type of forward. I just can't see why we would go for Huntelaar unless Rodgers want Suarez to move to wide areas, which again, should not be our priority. He is our top goal scorer right now.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
He is actually only currently matching his Ajax record where he was a wide forward.

Ive said many times now that if we can sign a wide option great.

I just cant see us having a wide option available to us that will contribute enough.

Suarez wide and Huntelaar central would score more than Suarez central and somebody like Zarate wide.

Ive yet to see anybody suggest a wide forward for the same financial outlay as Huntelaar who could play wide, cover central and contribute a significant number of goals.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
He is actually only currently matching his Ajax record where he was a wide forward.

Ive said many times now that if we can sign a wide option great.

I just cant see us having a wide option available to us that will contribute enough.

Suarez wide and Huntelaar central would score more than Suarez central and somebody like Zarate wide.

Ive yet to see anybody suggest a wide forward for the same financial outlay as Huntelaar who could play wide, cover central and contribute a significant number of goals.
You know i want huntelaar,but how much would walcott cost,similar amount to huntelaar.He could do all you are asking.Rather him than zarate,although zarate did have a great season 4 yrs ago.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
You know i want huntelaar,but how much would walcott cost,similar amount to huntelaar.He could do all you are asking.Rather him than zarate,although zarate did have a great season 4 yrs ago.
Walcott is supposedly leaving Arsenal because he wont get played as a central forward there. He will only sign for a new club if they are going to use him as a central forward so exactly the same situation as signing Huntelaar.

OhYaBeauty

Walcott is supposedly leaving Arsenal because he wont get played as a central forward there. He will only sign for a new club if they are going to use him as a central forward so exactly the same situation as signing Huntelaar.
Do you honestly think he'll only go somewhere to be a center forward? There is no such thing as a top club that would play Theo as a striker. Maybe Spuds, but he won't go there anyway. He'll figure out he needs to play wide to be at a top club.

Not the same as Huntelaar. At all.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Have to agree with oohyabeauty,i can't see any of the top club giving him that type of assurances.if he were to come to us i'd imagine at best he would be told he is being bought as a wide forward with maybe some opportunities in the centre.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Then he wont leave Arsenal.

Why would he leave Arsenal to go to another club that will use him the exact same way?

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
Then he wont leave Arsenal.

Why would he leave Arsenal to go to another club that will use him the exact same way?
Maybe he's not planning to leave.He might just want a pay rise or hope that another team will give him what he wants.
If he really wants to play central he has to put it out there and see who bites or threaten to leave his current club on a free to see if they bite.We will have to wait and see.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
The latest reports are suggesting that Arsenal are after him ... To be honest, I can see Wenger making such a desperate move in January, after their recent struggles ... They have already signed some experienced players like Mertesacker, Arteta, Santos, Podolski and Cazorla in the past couple of years, so it is fairly safe to say that Wenger has abandoned his usual transfer policy ...

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
And the plot thickens...

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/goal-machine-booed-for-uncertainty-over-arsenal-li

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
The latest reports are suggesting that Arsenal are after him ... To be honest, I can see Wenger making such a desperate move in January, after their recent struggles ... They have already signed some experienced players like Mertesacker, Arteta, Santos, Podolski and Cazorla in the past couple of years, so it is fairly safe to say that Wenger has abandoned his usual transfer policy ...
Wenger is an enigma to me. He clearly can coach and his teams have played some cracking football over the years. His transfers baffle me at times and he has gone through plenty of strikers who haven't made the grade. That said I love to watch Cazorla though. Hearing that he is after Huntelaar would make me a bit weary to be honest.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
Thought a lot about Jan Huntelaar as an option. Shalke and their fans are getting pissed off with him because he won't deal with this contract that falls due in the summer. He may be ideal for us, but I can only see him signing a fat deal at the age of 29 for 3-4 years to see his career out. He would have been the perfect signing at 27 yo still hungry for goals after a rough time at both AC Milan and Real Madrid where he didn't play enough. I can only see a contract for 1-2 seasons at his age benefitting Liverpool. Can't imagine it happening, though, so best we looked elsewhere. If we are looking at all.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
The Times are carrying the story that Huntelaar wants 100K per week to sign for Arsenal. I'm a bit surprised that Wenger wants to sign him even though he has signed another out-and-out striker in Giroud.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
The Times are carrying the story that Huntelaar wants 100K per week to sign for Arsenal. I'm a bit surprised that Wenger wants to sign him even though he has signed another out-and-out striker in Giroud.
You can never have too many strikers, as shown by the league topping United team.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
You can never have too many strikers, as shown by the league topping United team.
Of course but those at United are as different as they might be. KJH is a poacher, Giroud is a target man but both are very similar in terms of mobility, strength, lack of real pace... I do feel that he would be a success there - he's not Van Persie but he could poach a lot goals like him last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.