• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (ST) Schalke 04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Kicker reports that Huntelaar will shortly sign a new contract at Schalke, and has agreed terms with them (as expected). This thread can remain open until the players signs his contract, but it's a clear sign that he'll go nowhere.

Probably, we were not even interested in him. My guess at least...

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Kicker reports that Huntelaar will shortly sign a new contract at Schalke, and has agreed terms with them (as expected). This thread can remain open until the players signs his contract, but it's a clear sign that he'll go nowhere.

Probably, we were not even interested in him. My guess at least...
I think it has been reported by reliable journalists we did have some interest, but i dont think we ever had much belief in getting him either because of cost, the competition for his signature or perhaps a feeling he wasnt interested in our initial enquiries.The same has been reported about Lloriente.

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
Our interest is probably nothing more than an enquiry about his availability re. price and wages. Once we heard the figures we just turned and left it at that.

I would love to see a front 3 consisting or Suarez, Huntelaar and Sturridge with Suso, Sterling and Borini as back up.Im not sure it would work tho....

allybally00

TIA Squad Member
Hunterlaar is a goal scorer and a goal scorer is exactly what we need. I think we should go all out to sign this guy. He would score alot of goals with Suarez playing in and around him. A player like him can be the difference between finishing 10th and finishing 4th in the league. As we have seen from Man U this season having a goal scorer can get you many many points that you may not really deserve in matches and that is the difference between us and the top teams at the mo

Doggie

Resident Optimist
Don't get the enthusiasm for this bloke - he's old and doesn't fit the project at all.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Don't get the enthusiasm for this bloke - he's old and doesn't fit the project at all.
Sorry, not sure i understand. I agree he's getting on but not quite past it yet, has a few years but "doesn't fit the project"? If the project is that we don't want someone who can put the ball in the net then i agree. If it that we don't want someone who can play alongside Suarez then i agree. Imho i think the project though, especially this window is finding someone who can do both those things, is relatively cheap because of his contract and may be willing to come here. I'd still love to see him here but have my doubts whether he will come. Unfortunately he is the best chance we have of getting a really good striker as the others, ie Cavani, Falcao and even Llorente will have offers of more money than we will probably be willing to spend and a CL club come in for them. I wish this wasn't so but i see Klaas as probably our best option of what's left and i still have my fingers crossed he'll come (will keep hoping at least until he signs a new contract anyway).

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell
Nice early Xmas present for Schalke fans; Klass-Jan Huntelaar's just announced on his Facebook page that he's signed a new deal to 2015.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20830822?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I waited for an official confirmation and here it is. The annual "Huntelaar to LFC" thread is now officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.