• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Konstantinos Tsimikas (LB) Olympiacos

What will Konst....Tsminin.....Kostina....Simi...the lad be leaning on?

• The Lovren Money. So that’s where it went, John.

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Four fuck off shiny cups.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Nothing. Social Distance, and that. Responsible lad.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Table. Pen. Contract he hasn’t read. The usual

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Andy Robertson. Respectfully, and fully aware of his place.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Twitter fume about something or other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • The resignation that everyone in Liverpool is just going to call him Zorbo.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Jamal Lewis‘ shattered dreams.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • The Wok that Jamal Lewis used to beat Delia with

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie91

On the one hand signing a player to be a backup is a pretty boring move, on the other it’s nice to have the biggest hole in the first team squad filled. Especially as Milner looks a little less capable to fill in at LB each year and Neco really needs to be able to focus on his primary position at this stage of his career.
Pretty sure they are the main reasons behind this move. Milner will start to slow down and therefore I can see him playing mainly in midfield rather than at fullback.
Having said that if we sign Thiago he will struggle to get into midfield. Great pro to have around the team though , I can definitely see him leaving after this season.

Richard88

This guy looks legit. If he played in La Liga his pricetag would be triple what we're apparently paying.

On the one hand signing a player to be a backup is a pretty boring move, on the other it’s nice to have the biggest hole in the first team squad filled. Especially as Milner looks a little less capable to fill in at LB each year and Neco really needs to be able to focus on his primary position at this stage of his career.
I don't think Tsimikas is being signed just to be a pure backup. The kid clearly has the potential to dislodge Robertson if he has a dip in form. Which is exactly as you want it.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
This guy looks legit. If he played in La Liga his pricetag would be triple what we're apparently paying.

I don't think Tsimikas is being signed just to be a pure backup. The kid clearly has the potential to dislodge Robertson if he has a dip in form. Which is exactly as you want it.
It’s always good to have competition, but being realistic Robertson might be the best left back in the world right now. It’s going to take a hell of a dip in form for his position to really be threatened.
That being said, there were clearly times this year he needed a break and we couldn’t give him one. And there is always a chance this kid is the same kind of hidden truly special layer Andy was when he came to us a couple years ago.

hoosierred

Ad-free Member
Capital L Love they way we do business these days. Frustrating watch, but there are no leaks from the club that aren’t planned, no infighting within the club, no petty agendas or incompetence. We find players that fit our needs and bring them in, and if we can’t find the right player we don’t waste money in panic to prove we are a big club trying to sign someone (cough Andy Carroll cough)

nikz200

Looks like its from a reddit or something like that.

From this type of thing and based on some preliminary looks at the player

1. Likes to bomb forward and dribble, I like that he seems like a capable dribbler of the ball and likes to penetrate into the box. His pace looks ok as well.
2. Hits crosses into the box and seems to reach the intended targets but his team mates didn’t really finish a lot of chances , I would also say that he needs a bit more work if his crosses are going to be on the same level as Robbo or Trent.
3. Does his job on defense and can be physical with attackers. On a weekly level can he do this? Don’t know, but it seems that at least in Europe he has been a important player for them.
4. He started as a back up and worked his way into his squad and was irreplacable. Someone who Watched the Dutch league said that his stint in Holland was a huge success and that he was quite hyped back then. Since then he came back to Greece and no one really paid much attention till his champions league appearances.
5. I like that he seems to not recklessly lose the ball and get exposed at the back. Again the level in the Prem will be different , but there is a lot of positive when it comes to keeping the all in retention and knowing when to go forward. He seems to have decent passing stats from his left back position.

Leicester was also interested in this guy since they look like they might lose Chiwell, so thats interesting. I get the feeling Leicester will change their focus to Jamal or someone else if we wrap up Tsimikas.

If I had to pick one issue with this kid its the fact he played in the Greek league and also the fact that he didn’t make major noise till recently. That might mean a slow adapting process to the premier league. Then again, Robbo was from Hull so...........

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Did anybody ever answer the question to what’s a grecian urn?

JMac8

It’s always good to have competition, but being realistic Robertson might be the best left back in the world right now. It’s going to take a hell of a dip in form for his position to really be threatened.
That being said, there were clearly times this year he needed a break and we couldn’t give him one. And there is always a chance this kid is the same kind of hidden truly special layer Andy was when he came to us a couple years ago.
Totally. Would love to go back 4 years and try to convince people that Andy Robertson would become best left back in the world. And he seems to bring so much more to the dressing room with his personality too

Joe Gomez x

How long away from being announced do you guys think we are away? A day or two?

MinniMo

Wonder if he speaks English?

How many different first languages will we now have in the squad? United Nations here we come!

richieh10

It makes me laugh when it’s a “all done bar players terms”

be funny if this guy comes in with some outlandish demands.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Is this reliable info. Or similar to the last one when you said we are signing a Left back (that was Larouci, right).
I thought the question invited posters to give their guesses, which is what mine is? Nothing more than that.

We signed Juanma after I said we were bringing in a full back. What was unreliable about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.